Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Google says “Simping” means foolishly over catering to the exaggerated emotions of women. Simping can also mean a man being in his feelings and allowing a woman to take over his mind. The terms “Simp” and “Simping” nowadays is commonly used to criticize and mock men who overvalue women and feel entitled to women's attention.

This whole thing sounds like it was created by men who hate women. What do you all think of this term?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Wait, that's not simping I guess.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i've never had one (too chill so im intimidating) so i can only imagine having a simp, but i thin k i feel they are like horny apostles and that's neat

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
a simp is a cuck who pays but isn't in a relationship. they are both beta males, but their is a difference.

if you ever find yourself confused over if someone is a cuck or a simp, simply ask "are they in anyway a relationship? are

they courting as though they may start one?" if no then they are a simp.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

EA Sports posted:

a simp is a cuck who pays but isn't in a relationship. they are both beta males, but their is a difference.

if you ever find yourself confused over if someone is a cuck or a simp, simply ask "are they in anyway a relationship? are

ok ok so i simp carbs i guess

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

EA Sports posted:

good username post combo

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

EA Sports posted:

if you ever find yourself confused over if someone is a cuck or a simp, simply put a gun in your mouth and paint the walls with your internet poisoned brain

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Star Me Kitten posted:

...and feel entitled to women's attention.

Yeah, I thought it was mostly a put-down for nice guy behavior. But fear not, incels caught wind of it and are "reclaiming" the word! So now it's used for any one who talks positively about a woman. Ever.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
its an incel thing i think

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
A lot of the developers at work simp Apple

Woden
May 6, 2006
On Twitch it means saying something non negative about women, not sure about elsewhere.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It originally started as a guy who watched like a twitch e girl and would give hundreds of dollars to hear her say his name. Then it became the new internet word of the day to insult or put down a guy for caring about women. Someone saying it unironically is a good sign they should be ostracized and shunned by society.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
My lungs simp oxygen from the sky

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Star Me Kitten posted:

What do you all think of this term?
Dudes rock.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Simping is just white knighting for millennials OP

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I will sell my bathwater at extremely discounted rates if you want to become a Dimp (Derpies Simp)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think the whole concept seems pretty loving dumb

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Mordja posted:

Dudes rock.

you cutn

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tbqh, respecting women is very cool but falling all over yourself and playing yourself out to try to get sex from a woman is lame. That's pretty much the jist of it, I think.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

no simping

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtwzLVAa1s

This song is badly outdated and misogynistic but there's a grain of truth in it that men shouldn't try to use money and status to attract women if they want to find a good partner. Our loving president is a simp because he doesn't understand that concept.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 9, 2020

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Play posted:

I think the whole concept seems pretty loving dumb

I kept over explaining this point when I went to make a post.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ok boomer

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Evil Bob posted:

I kept over explaining this point when I went to make a post.

This is me.. like every time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As am assaulted by a fox in a blue mask I shout "Simper, no simping."

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Simper Fi

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSliaQ3a_5Y

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i get that it's handy to have a term for the guys that desperately try to buy attention from women online (or offline I guess), but it seems like the instant after it hit broader internet consciousness it got run into the ground.

now, like cuck, it just gets thrown around anytime a guy expresses any remotely positive sentiment about anyone female, or also if they just disagree about anything in particular, or if they think they might disagree, or if they just don't like the look of someone

also it sounds gross. the word itself is viscerally unpleasant.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I think this is a fantastic thread OP, keep those posts coming!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Straight White Shark posted:

i get that it's handy to have a term for the guys that desperately try to buy attention from women online (or offline I guess), but it seems like the instant after it hit broader internet consciousness it got run into the ground.

now, like cuck, it just gets thrown around anytime a guy expresses any remotely positive sentiment about anyone female, or also if they just disagree about anything in particular, or if they think they might disagree, or if they just don't like the look of someone

also it sounds gross. the word itself is viscerally unpleasant.

great explanation, here.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I think any terminology that categorically tries to define any sort of gendered behavior either directly or by proxy should be thrown into the trash. Growing up as a straight male you get handed all these bogus nuggets of wisdom about how to interact/not interact with women. The sooner you realize that its all bullshit and you should just be cool and respectful and take people as they come the better off you'll be.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Ren & Simpy

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
The Simpsons

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He got into a car accident with a cam model and now he walks with a simp.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont even want to acknowledge nonsense pick-up-artist/bitcoin enthusiast words

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
It's pretty smart of simpletons to make a word for themselves unfashionable. Ah well. A rose by any other name.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Simpy don't idealize women you eeeeediot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The trick is to never be on the internet. You will be 67% happier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Me Kitten posted:

Google says “Simping” means foolishly over catering to the exaggerated emotions of women. Simping can also mean a man being in his feelings and allowing a woman to take over his mind. The terms “Simp” and “Simping” nowadays is commonly used to criticize and mock men who overvalue women and feel entitled to women's attention.

This whole thing sounds like it was created by men who hate women. What do you all think of this term?

You know that slimy arse kisser at work OP? The guy who is always sucking up to the boss in a really sickening way.

Well replace the boss in this scenario with a woman on the internet. And compliments about decision making, "guts", sharp suits and golfing ability with compliments about being beautiful, smart and funny and you basically have a simp.

A simp is that guy, only instead of a promotion or pay rise they're trying to get sex, a modicum of attention from their internet waifu/manic pixie gamer girl.

Yes I am aware that all simps, or at least all those who have jobs are almost certainly also "that guy" at work.