Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I met Gamequoter at a Minneapolis goonmeet long long ago and he was kind of quiet and reserved but a very nice person and was absolutely not lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I kind of doubt he will become a nazi because that requires doing things and caring about something.

Assuming he hasn't already begun the inevitable process of downsizing, the instant the bills become tight those CHUDs are gonna start looking like a fresh platter of cookies n' feet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

had the pleasure of meeting gamequoter at a charity do once. he was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Me and GameQuoter? Yeah, we go way back. Very cool guy

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mind the walrus posted:

Assuming he hasn't already begun the inevitable process of downsizing, the instant the bills become tight those CHUDs are gonna start looking like a fresh platter of cookies n' feet.

just fill a nice tub of water for a foot soak crush some cookies and add to the water stir, keep adding cookies to the foot bath until it becomes difficult to move your feet while inside but not impossible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol even lowtax is having none of it

Man the Nazis really, really want to recruit him.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

There Bias Two posted:

Man the Nazis really, really want to recruit him.

But... why? Outside of being a mid-40s, washed up internet celebrity who was never even terribly high profile, what would that get them? The overwhelming majority of goons here want nothing to do with him, so he hasn't got an old audience receptive to banging the fascism drum. He's not especially charismatic. He doesn't have an especially marketable skillset. And he's depressive, manipulative, and shows some non-trivial signs that he's suffering from a personality disorder.

What is the draw?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hasturtium posted:

But... why? Outside of being a mid-40s, washed up internet celebrity who was never even terribly high profile, what would that get them? The overwhelming majority of goons here want nothing to do with him, so he hasn't got an old audience receptive to banging the fascism drum. He's not especially charismatic. He doesn't have an especially marketable skillset. And he's depressive, manipulative, and shows some non-trivial signs that he's suffering from a personality disorder.

What is the draw?

I believe you just described every idiot who has become an Alt-right star. Look no further than Laura Loomer or Jacob Wohl. Lowtax would be in perfect idiot company with a bunch of grifter assholes

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mind the walrus posted:

a fresh platter of cookies n' feet.

lol goddamit
Gross

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

joylessdivision posted:

I believe you just described every idiot who has become an Alt-right star. Look no further than Laura Loomer or Jacob Wohl. Lowtax would be in perfect idiot company with a bunch of grifter assholes

Okay, I buy that. Like a lot of right wing political phenomena, the alt-right's chock-a-block with grifters. But where is the outreach to him coming from? Who's pushing him to join them? Is it just because he's burned his bridges elsewhere and these people are roping him in out of some warped definition of community?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Don’t nazis view SA as a bastion of SJW culture? If so I can understand the appeal of roping in the founder.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Hasturtium posted:

Okay, I buy that. Like a lot of right wing political phenomena, the alt-right's chock-a-block with grifters. But where is the outreach to him coming from? Who's pushing him to join them? Is it just because he's burned his bridges elsewhere and these people are roping him in out of some warped definition of community?

he likes beating women and doubles down on problematic speech, he's like a cookie-cutter right-wing grifter now with his loser in his 40's with a drug problem schtick

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

The actual core of extremist groups aren't quite as large as you might believe, although they certainly have lots of sympathizers and even so-called "operatives" doing work on their behalf in actual institutional positions. In the end they tend to recruit based on favorable conditions, because otherwise no one would actually fall for their brokebrained bullshit.

Lowtax is an extremely lonely, sad white man with a massive entitlement complex who just became disenfranchised and is about to be desperate to make money with few other options. The conditions for recruitment are rarely going to get more ideal than that.

Brain Curry posted:

Don’t nazis view SA as a bastion of SJW culture? If so I can understand the appeal of roping in the founder.

This too. The spin writes itself.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I kind of doubt he will become a nazi because that requires doing things and caring about something.

Richard is above all else lazy. I am shocked at his ability to put in effort in regards to manipulating/abusing women but that seems to be it.

1) he couldnt write articles on a set schedual
2) he couldnt do a pod cast on a set schedual
3) he cant stream video game on a set schedual
4) he cant file his immigrant wifes papers on a set schedual
5) he chose to drink on stream rather than spend time with his daughter

He yells on facebook how all the patreon money went away. Even though he did nothing

Also to the goon that mentioned integral like back in 2008 some version of sass found her and she talked about him on the forum. The site is now defunct as is all offshoot versions of sass.

All she really talked about was how all his energy went into the website (god I wonder when he checked out) she had no mega bombs.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hasturtium posted:

He has exactly the personality that would be receptive to this kind of thing, especially in his current (extremely vulnerable) circumstances. The nazis sense some familiar sentiments that he's echoing, so they're just welcoming him to wade deeper into all their twisted bullshit.

It's not an organized effort, necessarily, just a bunch of dumb fucks who want to support this kind of behavior.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

congrats jeffery

here comes the somethingawful renaissance, hot on his heels

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Jeffrey is the news

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3azxy8/something-awful-under-new-ownership

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Vice getting owned by the filter: “I will certainly have more to say but I have a ton of poo poo to do immediately. Congratulations everyone—this is a good day for Something Awful."

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

ikanreed posted:

Vice getting owned by the filter: “I will certainly have more to say but I have a ton of poo poo to do immediately. Congratulations everyone—this is a good day for Something Awful."

LOL, I noticed that too. Goddamn, there are some jokes from this site that will never get old.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Of course Uwe Boll isn't going to fight Seanbabby or anyone with an MMA background, he's not stupid. He cherry picked three nerds and punched the poo poo out of them as a publicity stunt for a documentary he was making about himself during the productions of Postal and Far Cry.

The only one nerd Uwe flattened got that it was a big joke. He thanked Uwe for thete experience becaude because he was trying to get into the film industry. Uwe gave him a job as one of his assistants on his next film and took care of him.

Years ago I suggested to Her that he do a Darfur sequel and call it Darfive but he didn't get it.

I asked Uwe Boll on Twitter what his favorite movies were (I wanted to see if he'd respond with just his own movies and nothing else) and he replied "what the gently caress is this, a Q&A session?" and blocked me

well that's my story about getting owned by Uwe Boll (but not as hard as Lowtax did) tyvm for listening

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I asked Uwe Boll on Twitter what his favorite movies were (I wanted to see if he'd respond with just his own movies and nothing else) and he replied "what the gently caress is this, a Q&A session?" and blocked me

well that's my story about getting owned by Uwe Boll (but not as hard as Lowtax did) tyvm for listening

Doesn't really surprise me. Uwe is like one of those goons who has a rapsheet 3 pages long - only difference is that he is not some gimmick troll, it's exactly what he is like in real life. I'm almost tempted to get a twitter account and contact him, buy him an account here and then see what happens.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thinking extremely hard

this film director is like... the forums

necroid
May 14, 2009

this is fun but also very sad, always amazed at how many people want to be nazi-friendly honorary whites

ikanreed posted:

lol this is just fun

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008

necroid posted:

this is fun but also very sad, always amazed at how many people want to be nazi-friendly honorary whites

Nazism is surprisingly chic in many Asian countries. Not entirely sure why, it'd be like finding the Imperial Japanese Army cool.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

There Bias Two posted:

He has exactly the personality that would be receptive to this kind of thing, especially in his current (extremely vulnerable) circumstances. The nazis sense some familiar sentiments that he's echoing, so they're just welcoming him to wade deeper into all their twisted bullshit.

It's not an organized effort, necessarily, just a bunch of dumb fucks who want to support this kind of behavior.

Thank you for the insight, and thanks to the others who shared too. God, what a gross little turd. Lowtax, it's not too late - you can throw it all away and be a dancer. Film it. Share it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

necroid posted:

South America and Nazis have gone together like chocolate and peanut butter for at least 75 years

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

dear leader lowtax I believe in you lowtax I love you lowtax please pay attention to me. we are in this together

LOL

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Hasturtium posted:

the more the better and he's easy pickings so why not? also even though we're all making fun of him here it's not like he still doesn't have weirdo supporters who hate women like frank barcelos

he doesn't seem particularly white-supremacist to me so he probably won't go nazi but he's already pretty much a chud so it's all whatever

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Tarkus V2.0 posted:

Nazism is surprisingly chic in many Asian countries. Not entirely sure why, it'd be like finding the Imperial Japanese Army cool.

people do actually find the imperial japanese army cool, for similar reasons as finding the nazis cool

but if you're talking about people dressing up as nazis/referencing them in asian countries, rather than the ideology, it's that they found the fashion and presentation cool and also most of them weren't personally impacted by nazism so there isn't a ton of stigma attached to it

necroid
May 14, 2009

Tarkus V2.0 posted:

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

South America and Nazis have gone together like chocolate and peanut butter for at least 75 years

yeah I'm aware of all this, it's just a constant source of amazement, like people in India pumped up about Adolf because technically they're the aryans

in places like Brazil and Argentina I think it's because of all the Japanese and German who fled and mingled during and after WW2?

necroid
May 14, 2009

cubivore posted:

people do actually find the imperial japanese army cool, for similar reasons as finding the nazis cool

but if you're talking about people dressing up as nazis/referencing them in asian countries, rather than the ideology, it's that they found the fashion and presentation cool and also most of them weren't personally impacted by nazism so there isn't a ton of stigma attached to it

it's the same with the rising sun flag in the west, a lot of people still treat it lightly because they either don't know or they don't care that it's closely linked to Japan's ultranationalistic, nazi-affiliated military even if it predates WW2 by centuries

I was talking about it a while ago with a chinese girl who had reprimanded an italian small-time rapper for using it during a facebook livestream (he replied to her in DMs with slurs and insults saying that he didn't care)

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

necroid posted:

it's the same with the rising sun flag in the west, a lot of people still treat it lightly because they either don't know or they don't care that it's closely linked to Japan's ultranationalistic, nazi-affiliated military even if it predates WW2 by centuries

I was talking about it with a chinese girl who reprimanded an italian small-time rapper for using it during a facebook livestream

Yup, it comes down to there being a societal distance from the assorted atrocities of the different Axis powers. People in Europe and the US are more likely to view Nazi's poorly due to the fact that so many civilians who suffered under them would have belonged to people in those countries, while the same is true of the Japanese Imperial army in Asia. I remember years ago in the UFC there was a rather well-liked Canadian champion, George St-Pierre, who always came out wearing the rising sun flag on his outfits. Finally a South Korean fighter penned a really good editorial that basically said, "You're essentially wearing the equivalent to the Nazi flag to those of us in Asia." and he was like, "Whoops, my bad" and stopped wearing it. Literally the most wholesome and even-headed exchange I've ever seen in the UFC.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I don't know about actually getting roped into nazi circles proper, but I totally see Lowtax going down a road of being nazi-adjacent. Call in, complain about women and make awful jokes but absolutely insist he's just the one sane man alive.

Which you know, silly chud poo poo. The difference is I don't see him getting into the authoritarian idealogy stuff out of laziness.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Brain Curry posted:

What. :what:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Considering fyad was deleted over nazis and we ban people for slurs and stuff- and have been involving towards being a comfier space- yeah they'd hate us.
We already break rule 0 for them: not wanting nazi pricks in your space.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I think the narrative in places like kiwi farms and reddit is that SA used to be in your face offensive and then we were all cucked in to becoming SJWs by a bunch of catlady mods.

Googling something awful sjw brings up a lot of links to things like kotaku in action that I’m not clicking on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I kinda dgaf what the former site owner does with his life in the future.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The narrative conveniently ignores a whole bunch of obvious poo poo like "the teenage crowd from the 00s grew up, the loser extremists got more hardcore, and reddit/facebook/4chan became sinkholes for the edgy 'ironic' racist/fascist/Nazi where they can proliferate with much less pushback, financial, and emotional cost than they ever could on SA."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Midjack posted:

I kinda dgaf what the former site owner does with his life in the future.

:same: