Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
All the best to the OP(s) and theirs. :cheersbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

TheAardvark posted:

personally i hope neither the OP or the other OP end up with custody of Lowtax

Not even his Patreon wants custody anymore. They took away his allowance.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Booourns posted:

burt sexual is still here because the admins want them to be here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935671#post508067238

As if it wasn't the doubling down and refusing to give any semblance of a genuine apology or acknowledgement of their actions that made Burt persona-non-grata around these here parts.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

RFC2324 posted:

This is the kind of transparency that makes a good mod

Knowing that mods are as incapable of clicking the right buttons as I am makes them relatable and approachable.

Like a good bud I can get drunk with while we blow off work.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

lite_sleepr posted:

Maybe the right solution is to just let him stick around and get owned and dunked on by everyone.

I'm fine with this so long as the mods who are condoning and being permissive of their continued presence don't try to protect them from being told off.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I feel 20 years younger.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I think... I think I need to lie down and have a smoke.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bronze Fonz posted:

"Truly the look of women who claim to have been abused and want to move on in their lives"

Well... yes? Glad you're happy for them too!

Wait, are they supposed to have a black eye and be crying in fear for the rest of their lives so we believe them? What the gently caress is even happening in that black hole of a brain of his?

It's damned if you do damned if you don't with abuse after all.

Be hurt and you're told to "get over it."

Be happy and clearly it "wasn't that bad."

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Johnny Joestar posted:

i sincerely mean it when i say that lowtax dug his own loving grave and i'm glad the women he abused are still here to shovel the dirt onto him when it comes time

Nah, they've suffered enough. Let them sit by with a drink in hand and watch while someone *else* shovels dirt onto him.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Johnny Joestar posted:

true, but i meant in like a metaphorical way. sitting there and laughing with a cocktail in hand can basically count for that.

Agreed. Far be it from me to presume what level of interaction they would want to have in this scenario we've dreamed up.

If chucking dirt over his bloated corpse is how they see themselves in this story, then by all means hand them the shovel!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This, and the fact that MRAs can now eviscerate them for any perceived flaw. More proof that they deserved what they (clearly did not because it was never proven in court) got.

The one guy commenting on their lack of shoes.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hey if the front page is there to post articles and news, a nice big fat piece announcing new management and also refuting obvious inaccuracies in the vice article would be a Good Idea, just sayin'

And bump off Lowtax's brilliant flag article that he posted right after editing/deleting someone else's article?

Yes, please.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Brain Curry posted:

Don’t nazis view SA as a bastion of SJW culture? If so I can understand the appeal of roping in the founder.

What. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Klyith posted:

There are also places on the internet where we're regarded as the next step away from the alt-right ourselves because we do some "punch down" comedy and allow the occasional slur, or just in general are a place where the fyad thing could happen in the first place.

The fact that two different groups of very tedious people both hate us for the opposite reasons is I think a sign that we're doing an ok job on that front.

SA ain't some bastion of SJW like some people might want to think, but no, we don't want to be on the center of this one. "Punch down" comedy and "the occasional slur" are not things worth keeping, nor were they ever.