Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Mods moved my Michigan thread. Sorry but Michigan still sucks. It's Rhode Island now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Big blue bug

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Legal prostitution until 2009

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
never been to a small state are the people equally small or what

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Are we allowed to discuss Providence Plantations here as well, or are we strictly limited to the island?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

Big blue bug

this guy knows

brb, buck-a-shuck and $8 gansett pitchers in bristol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like states that aren't islands

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like states that aren't islands

Rhode Island should not qualify as part of the continental United States imo.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I threw one of those huge loving toll slugs at a goose in Newport once.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Several years back I went to the Providence Place Mall to see a movie with my brother. It was winter but we left our coats in the car so we didn't have to walk around the mall with them. While we were in the car someone smashed the window and took our coats. They weren't even expensive coats and that's all they took because the only thing of value in that car was a bag of weed they didn't see. So anyway we had about a 40 minute ride to Massachusetts with no coats and an open window. Good times. Thanks, Rhode Island.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 11, 2020

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I had to work in providence once for a few days. When I woke up in the hotel the next morning, I forgot where I was and assumed it was Connecticut for like 3 hours until I saw a bunch of RI license plates.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
wasnth there a huge michigan thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bossy lady posted:

I had to work in providence once for a few days. When I woke up in the hotel the next morning, I forgot where I was and assumed it was Connecticut for like 3 hours until I saw a bunch of RI license plates.

You know what they say, if you don't like rhode island, walk 5 minutes in any direction

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a statue there called the Colossus of Rhode Island? If not, why the gently caress isn't there one

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

never been to a small state are the people equally small or what

There’s no way of telling for sure, because it’s like, if you went to Rhode Island, you would get smaller while you were there, but like if a guy from Rhode Island went to Montana or Texas they would get bigger. But they wouldn’t even know it. Relativity and poo poo. :science:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

the writers gave Harry Kim the USS Rhode Island on Voyager as a deliberate insult

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

smush all those lovely little new england states into one normal state. it's embarrassing

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

smush all those lovely little new england states into one normal state. it's embarrassing

Like some sort of.. United Kingdom. :thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hail king bellichick, first of his name

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress the patriots and known cheater and child-maker-outer tom br*dy

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

gently caress the patriots and known cheater and child-maker-outer tom br*dy

Im going to whoop your rear end at Kennedy Plaza.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If an island was made entirely of roads, wouldn’t it just be a parking lot? :thunk:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Crimetown had a nice season on Providence, Rhode Island (about that one mob mayor)

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Lord Stimperor posted:

Crimetown had a nice season on Providence, Rhode Island (about that one mob mayor)

Yeah. He was corrupt as poo poo, but he also revitalized our downtown area and helped to rebrand our city. So nobody knows how to feel anymore.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There’s no way of telling for sure, because it’s like, if you went to Rhode Island, you would get smaller while you were there, but like if a guy from Rhode Island went to Montana or Texas they would get bigger. But they wouldn’t even know it. Relativity and poo poo. :science:

Can confirm. Also my dicks micro.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Rhode Island sounds made up.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

ey lemme get a coffee milk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Rhode island has so many good foods that exist basically nowhere else

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

More like Choad Island.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Szyznyk posted:

More like Choad Island.

You must be frome Rude Island :nono:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

bossy lady posted:

You must be frome Rude Island :nono:

Yes, Massachusetts.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the fact that RI's most famous food chain is named New York System is endlessly funny to me

Del's is good poo poo tho

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Szyznyk posted:

More like Choad Island.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Whats the point of rhode island

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Dont Touch ME posted:

Slavery mostly

By 1774, the slave population of Rhode Island was 6.3 percent, nearly twice as high as any other New England colony. In the late 18th century, several Rhode Island merchant families began actively engaging in the triangle trade, most notably the Browns for whom Brown University is named. In the years after the Revolution, Rhode Island merchants controlled between 60 and 90 percent of the American trade in African slaves.[14] In the 18th century, Rhode Island's economy depended largely upon the triangle trade;

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Guns, whales, and slaves: backbones of the new england economy

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Lightning Bolt is cool

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Rhode Island? I swam

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Delaware(looking at Rhode Island): Look how small it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Dont Touch ME posted:

I like to make the comparison of its Massachusett's New Jersey. Considering the founder was essentially kicked out of the Mass colony for differing views, he helped founded the idea of Religious Freedom in the US. RI's identity isnt rooted in a Commonwealth but more Individual freedoms. Our economy is also much shittier than MA.