Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm enjoying the thread! To contribute: I don't think I realized it until just now, but I think my "Kaiju in Austin" lino prints are fanart? Probably counts as fanart of both the monsters and this silly town.

Anyway, I've posted these before in other threads:

Godzilla on Sixth street:

King Kong on Frost Tower:

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on Congress avenue:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Antivehicular posted:

I saw those in the Austin thread, and they're still great. Frost Tower really is custom-made to be a kaiju film setpiece, along with that condo building downtown that suddenly and weirdly narrows for one floor at the center -- I've never been able to picture it as anything other than the building that's going to break in half when Mechagodzilla gets thrown into it.

:tipshat: Thanks!

Not sure which building narrows for just one floor (The Independent jengas itself into a fragile-looking shape too) but yeah -- there are a handful of spots around town which are just perfect staging grounds for a kaiju attack. If I'm honest, Sixth and Congress aren't truly like that, but I just happen to think those stretches are neat/recognizable. Plus I got to put Easter eggs in the marquees of The Ritz and Paramount :v:

I think the Kraken (1981), Ghidorah (1964), and the 50-foot Woman (1958) are next. Thinking of putting the Kraken in Town Lake, Ghidorah on the old Seaholm power plant, and the 50-foot Woman over the Capitol. I'm playing real loose with scale.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Amazing! Especially love Batman on skates and Moby Dick.

Remembered a couple of my things which most likely count:

A lino print based on a photo from a staging of King Lear (my favourite play):

Something which will eventually also become a lino print but for now is just a key block sketch... I'm simply not yet good enough at this poo poo for a multi-block attempt :negative:

Guess what it's fanart of and win absolutely nothing but my love. Or just mouse over and/or click here: Erasure's Always

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

readingatwork posted:

Too late! I'm doing classic movie monsters now.

Given my own proclivities itt, I'm very interested in seeing this.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Quoting myself from the Artdome thread because my entry to the Robots theme is very much fanart:

Trabant posted:

Calling this one American Cybergothic :v:

Linocut print using oil ink on mulberry paper. Sorry for the photo instead of a scan -- it's very much not dry in the least, so a scanner is a no-go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Thank you! :)