Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Breathe a little deeper, should you need to come undone

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have 2 copies of Tabletop Simulator to give away for people too if they need them and may be monetarily constrained. I can probably also stream it Inf, slide into my PMs if you want to hash out specifics.

This would be great, I'll hit you up when I'm at home cutie~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

OPEN CHALLENGE
TIME TO GET SPOOKY MOTHER FUCKERS

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to form a team of Goons to fight me 4 vs 1 in Fury of Dracula; wherein I will proceed to murder the gently caress out of you all as the titular namesake.
You would be incorrect in assuming that this is somehow an unfair fight for me in any way shape or form, as I can assure you Dracula will punch a hole clean through your chest if you are not prepared.

Requirements:
- A team of 4 players (I will not help you form the squad!)
- A copy of Tabletop Simulator
- This Fury of Dracula workshop module

Starting Time
Due to ~time zone nonsense~ It will be in the morning for me, as this time generally works out 'best' globally.
- 10 or 11am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard) November 1st
- 8 or 9pm EDT
- 5 or 6pm PDT
- 1 or 2am BST
(We can talk about what time works best for people)

Most games will take 2-3+ hours to play, please set aside time for this!

Streaming
- If someone could stream the event that would be great, as I am lazy and don't want to setup twitch again

How to Play
Here is the first of a 2 part episode of Fury of Dracula being played, and what inspired me to pick it up in the first place
I strongly recommend you watch the first episode at the very least to get an understanding of the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kU__uZDYTI#t=86s
( Grant Imahara)

Here is a pretty good overview of mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwtvXzSzgE

Quoting for top of page

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

In honor of me being an absolute tool who REALLY needs to work on her Pokemon Stadium LP, I will fight anyone in Pokemon Showdown. It's a browser-based Pokemon battle simulator. The format I choose is not my best, but it's definitely the one that's most on theme: Generation 1 OU.

Fight me, best of three rounds. If you win, you get to guilt me into working on my LP. If I win, I... probably still feel guilty about needing to work on my LP.

I'm down for this, just gimme a time to show up, I've never tried competetive Gen 1 so this should be pretty fun.

Major Isoor posted:

I don't know how to play FoD, but I'm willing to learn, if there isn't a bunch of more experienced hunters out there. (In which case, I'll step aside and watch the masters at work)
I have the added benefit of being Australian too, so that would potentially make timings easier! Although, I've never used Twitch, so I can't be much help there.

As a fellow Australian I'm also down for this if you need an extra body.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

This mandrake is a
gift to our friendship!

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I'm down for this, just gimme a time to show up, I've never tried competetive Gen 1 so this should be pretty fun.
I'll PM you my Discord.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

This mandrake is a
gift to our friendship!

Round 1, and Round 2.

The first game was rough, but the second game I kind of feel bad about how poorly things went for Cup.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plaster Town Cop

PMush Perfect posted:

Round 1, and Round 2.

The first game was rough, but the second game I kind of feel bad about how poorly things went for Cup.

drat, not bad! That gengar came in handy, that first match - sneaky, dodging body slam (I think?) like that.
I wouldn't mind going against you in gen3/4 at some point, to be honest! I'm going away this weekend though, so I can't challenge either of you. But I'll have to start thinking about 'mon teams etc again I guess, for a potential showdown later on down the track

A Cup of Ramen posted:

As a fellow Australian I'm also down for this if you need an extra body.

Sounds good to me! We just need two (or one if Relax or DIE joins, I guess?) more people and I'll start sharpening my stakes

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

This mandrake is a
gift to our friendship!

Major Isoor posted:

drat, not bad! That gengar came in handy, that first match - sneaky, dodging body slam (I think?) like that.
I wouldn't mind going against you in gen3/4 at some point, to be honest! I'm going away this weekend though, so I can't challenge either of you. But I'll have to start thinking about 'mon teams etc again I guess, for a potential showdown later on down the track
Sounds good.

My sixth Pokemon was a Venusaur named BORT, but there was never a good chance to use him.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plaster Town Cop

PMush Perfect posted:

My sixth Pokemon was a Venusaur named BORT, but there was never a good chance to use him.

A Simpsons Pokemon showdown?! I'm up for that!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

This mandrake is a
gift to our friendship!

Major Isoor posted:

A Simpsons Pokemon showdown?! I'm up for that!
Not quite the reference.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah the idea of my Gengar was to have a swap in to normal attacks and hopefully pull off a sleep.

The big problem is that I get owned by earthquakes and didn't carry a special attack that could hit Rhydon.

Major Isoor posted:

Sounds good to me!  We just need two (or one if Relax or DIE joins, I guess?) more people and I'll start sharpening my stakes
Looking forward to brandishing our stakes against ol Dracula.

And to PMush I shall return for a rematch one day!

And hopefully make you bring out all your Pokemon this time round

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have a cunning plan that cannot fail, but I need to clear it with the mods first before I sink energy into it.

Potential Hunters
- Major Isoor
- A Cup of Ramen

(I said I won't help you form the team, but I can compile potential participants for you)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

rattle rattle

College Slice

Aston posted:

Your reign of terror ends here. I will take you down.

We came to an agreement over PM, we will be racing at 7:30 PM London time/11:30 AM US Pacific time on November 7th.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Secret plans coming together nicely

You'll want to get in on the action I think.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I'm hella down to hunt a Dracula! I've been doing a bunch of tts stuff lately but haven't done any hidden movement.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, what the hell. I've never played Fury of Dracula but I'm no stranger to tabletop, I'm down to hunt a vampire.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, what the hell. I've never played Fury of Dracula but I'm no stranger to tabletop, I'm down to hunt a vampire.
Come and join us hunters assembling to face the dark king himself

https://discord.gg/7KEC78

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please also make sure to hit up Major Isoor and A Cup Of Ramen.

Thinking there should be more interest shortly, and I'm looking forward to being able to reveal what I've got planned
Can't wait to see what team is eventually put forward

Relax Or DIE
May 8, 2006

Hey, everybody. I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.

Infinitum is really more of a dork king

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Its true, I am a gigantic cock.

FlowerRhythmREMIX
Nov 4, 2011

is shitposting praxis?

Seems like a step to far to go there about a fellow goon, tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK got mod approval for this, so here goes...

If you beat me in Fury of Dracula, I will be probated for 1 month

Click the banner for the thread

(Also I bought banner adds)

tl;dr
- Get 4 Goons together and challenge me. If you win I will eat a 1 month probe
- Will be streamed live on Halloween, and ShallNoiseUpon is graciously hosting
- You can donate to 'bet' on the outcome and get a gangtag if you choose the winner
- Currently trying to arrange guest commentators as well

Thread has all the info. Regardless come help raise money for charity!

(It is 100% not my intention to draw attention away from this thread, as I adore what's happening here, but I felt it warranted its own thread for discussion)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: Not the new thread. Durp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I challenge to do a 1v2 vs the guys who did the best of 5 in starcraft 2
I'm also up for doing this thing