Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Welcome Gamesers to the Games Ring of Honor! In the GRoH you can bring your posting disputes onto the field of battle, challenging your fellow posters to defend their bad opinions in earnest. Straight head-to-head games, races, speedrun time trials, whatever challenge you can dream up you can issue!

Some rules:

:siren:1) THIS IS FOR FUN! :siren: This is a way to get people to play more games together and tie posting about games to actually playing them. This is not a replacement for issues a mod/admin would usually handle, please report those as normal.

2) Place whatever bets you want on the outcome, but our plan is to keep it on the honor system. Mods probably won't enforce this, but may if it's really funny and we remember. Wager serious outcomes at your own peril!

3) While not a requirement I would like to encourge people to stream these throwdowns - ideally these will be a sort of community event.

4) Win and lose graciously. Also be understanding if someone declines, you never know what is going on in their life outside the forum.

Feedback/ideas are encouraged!

If a challenge is issued but you cannot come to an agreement on a game, both sides can post a few and myself or another mod/IK can randomly roll to determine what you play. In the interest of getting things rolling I am making the first official GroH challenge to ShallNoiseUpon!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You should play a Yakuza game
Pick a game! If you win I’ll download and start Yakuza 0 immediately. If I win, I’m just going to gloat like a real shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Reserved

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Starcraft 2 best of 5 lets go

going to install this and attack move on your base like you've never seen

May 8, 2006

as long as SNU doesn't mind I'm open to streaming my rear end-kicking, and if someone wants to shoutcast it i'm not gonna say no

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yes absolutley I am down for this being streamed when do you want to do this thing? I am not going to practice or look a single thing up and I haven't played the game in probably 8 years.

if you are free tomorrow I'm open to any time, I have class tonight. it gives us a bit more time to rustle up someone(s) to cast it if they want to

May 8, 2006

Sounds good to me, it'll give me a few days to poo poo talk

May 8, 2006

additionally if i win the official Games Forum Time Zone will be Mountain Time

May 8, 2006

soon the matches between myself and whoever the other guy is will be at:

me: twitch.tv/pharohdactyl
them: twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

no criticism please i cannot handle it

May 8, 2006

your punishment is having to continue to mod this forum!!! get owned idiot gg no re

once it's done processing i'll link the youtube copy of our match stream

May 8, 2006

here is my match perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tCVcZXfZ4&t=4s

see if you can tell when my cat decided to climb all over me!!

May 8, 2006

teasing aside Infinitum's idea here is rad as poo poo, I can't commit to that day yet or i'd try to form a team

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I challenge to do a 1v2 vs the guys who did the best of 5 in starcraft 2

i will submit to a hilarious bodying of SNU and myself by someone who actually knows how to play the game

May 8, 2006

Infinitum is really more of a dork king

May 8, 2006

someone bully cheetah into running a different randomizer

May 8, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

you could be that bully

REMake let's go

(Not sure how well that one even functions tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

very cool stuff, i am glad that Infinitum is keeping it rolling