Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Algund Eenboom posted:

I choose to believe that this is solely the fault of deandre jordan, who i hate quite a lot

From what I read, part of this situation is caused by Durant taking a salary cut for them to be able to sign Jordan/Durant wants Jordan to start. This could all be basketball journalist BS. However, I choose to believe it because Allen is the better center and it is weird he isn't starting.

Pls let him go to Dallas Nets.

edit:
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1341156891486007303

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

In retrospect, its pretty amusing that after the whole deandre2dallas hullaballoo (begging thru texts, etc) he finally went to dallas as a free agent and then got unceremoniously dumped to the knicks halfway through the season

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Algund Eenboom posted:

In retrospect, its pretty amusing that after the whole deandre2dallas hullaballoo (begging thru texts, etc) he finally went to dallas as a free agent and then got unceremoniously dumped to the knicks halfway through the season

When you try to stat pad and almost hurt Luka, you're done with the Mavs. It doesn't matter how long Cuban drove around looking for your house.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

dang that seems cheap, gg

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Derrick White is good that deal is fine

Also yeah OG's agent hosed up

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Googled Markelle Fultz, and...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I can tell euphronius pays for the dunc'd on pateron because he's loving aghast every time anyone signs a contract over the league minimum

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

Derrick White is good that deal is fine

Also yeah OG's agent hosed up

Maybe OG was really insistent on including that player option even at the cost of tens of millions of dollars? idgi

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

its nice to see lebron and kyrie are friends again

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kingcobweb posted:

Maybe OG was really insistent on including that player option even at the cost of tens of millions of dollars? idgi

could be yeah, hits free agency again when he's like 26 so he'd get a big deal

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

The tank begins

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Yoshi Wins posted:

Googled Markelle Fultz, and...

The 6ers team ruined Fultz and then 6ers fans ruined his image.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Athanatos posted:

Fultz probably received the most fan patience of any athlete in the history of Philly sports

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Glad everyone is getting paid

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

TFW your players' Bird Rights (BR) get you far enough under the Cap Apron (CA) to gain more room for the Mid Level Exception (MLE)

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

triple sulk posted:

Fultz probably received the most fan patience of any athlete in the history of Philly sports

Agreed, they were extremely condescending and contemptible

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Halliburton is going to be a fun player to watch.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I'm happy halliburton went to a team that will use him well, like the kings, instead of one that would use him poorly as a primary creator and first option, such as the pistons or knicks. Listen to Prep2Pro NBA podcast every Sunday and Tuesday. Use promo code "armchair" at betonline.com

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

Halliburton is going to be a fun player to watch.

come hang with me in Sacramento and I'll take you to the coolest taco shop that plays anime

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Algund Eenboom posted:

TFW your players' Bird Rights (BR) get you far enough under the Cap Apron (CA) to gain more room for the Mid Level Exception (MLE)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s not even their most embarrassing picture

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Is this all just dominoes from the 2021 free agent class disappearing right?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Calidus posted:

Is this all just dominoes from the 2021 free agent class disappearing right?

Congrats to Lonzo on his incoming max contract

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What’s in the small packets spread all over the table? Dignity?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/status/1333148839742742531

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/tyhaliburton22/status/1341107568865804289?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Look out here comes golf science

https://twitter.com/g0lfscience/status/1341156599067529218?s=21

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

very partial to this one where Danny is concentrating so hard on not letting the basketball break his glasses that he forgot how to stand like a normal person

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/HoniAhm/status/1107395658812514304

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mans couldn't even get golfscience he's g0lfscience

shameful

e: to actually comment on this, if philly and houston were actually close to a deal but couldn't execute it for two weeks, it probably would not leak out unless they agreed in principle, but hey, maybe g0lfscience has a man on the inside

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Great deal for them

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

WhyteRyce posted:

come hang with me in Sacramento and I'll take you to the coolest taco shop that plays anime

I genuinely want to boo cameron payne with you

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

MourningView posted:

I can tell euphronius pays for the dunc'd on pateron because he's loving aghast every time anyone signs a contract over the league minimum

They were killing me when they talked about Gobert’s deal on their preseason over/under pod. Like the Utah FO wouldn’t pay him 4/$150 if that were even reasonably possible. They look at it so abstractly and intellectually that they circle back around to clueless.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Athanatos posted:

To be fair Celtics fans helped because they wanted to win that trade.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If they ship Simmons and Maxey I'm going to slam my head in a car door.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that's how i felt about the rockets trading patrick beverley for chris paul

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

a new study bible! posted:

If they ship Simmons and Maxey I'm going to slam my head in a car door.

I get what your saying, i really do, homegrown talent is awesome. However maximizing the current team for 2 to 3 years is worth those two players. Simmons is an enigma.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wouldn't trade Ben personally, but in the hypothetical described above I'd be more pissed about losing Maxey. He's looked really good and could probably start right now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man, i really thought lauri could be good his rookie year. hope he manages to turn it around, but it won't be for the bulls.

it's just waiting for the YOUNG CORE guys to wash out one by one after they show flashes, this team drafted a bona fide superstar 31 overall and they got rid of him because they didn't want to pay him, what a loving joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maxey hasn’t made a 3 yet

That’s something that is usually important

He’s also played against bench scrubs mostly