Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i forgot the thread switches to offseason

did anyone say the grizz r going to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Veryslightlymad posted:

Blast. I didn't get a chance to humiliate myself this year. I didn't see a thread, though. Was this poll done inside a larger thread?

IIRC Zogo typically posted it within the then-open NBA N/V thread. So the 2019 Off-season thread I reckon?

Also, glad to see someone joined me in voting The Witness!

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

nut posted:

i forgot the thread switches to offseason

did anyone say the grizz r going to be good

they are going to be good, and jaren is going to shoot 12 threes a game and stop fouling everyone all the time

also,

nut
Jul 30, 2019

lmao what

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

We talked about the games and paintings before and I still think by and large y’all have good taste BUT

which ASSHOLES proved themselves to be Fools and Poseurs by picking The Great Wave Off Kanagawa??

That’s not a painting you CHUMPS

It is a woodblock print which is NOT a form of painting

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

if you ENJOY the ukiyo-e AESTHETIC you should look into the WORKS of andrew WYETH who makes PAINTINGS not PRINTS so you can SAY that your favorite PAINTING is WIND FROM THE SEA which is actually a PAINTING and not a PRINT

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

if you ENJOY the ukiyo-e AESTHETIC you should look into the WORKS of andrew WYETH who makes PAINTINGS not PRINTS so you can SAY that your favorite PAINTING is WIND FROM THE SEA which is actually a PAINTING and not a PRINT

Big boi picked a Wyeth

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It's cool that after going to med school we all went to art school as well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
i do not know the names of any paintings because I was too busy playing sports* and talking to girls**

*NCAA Football 2004

**getting drunk

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I am a trained professional in medicine, art, art history, video game studies, statistics, advanced statistics, homer statistics, refereeing (multiple sports), hot dog eating, and the art of making love.

but sadly not at posting :smith:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

One time I got too drunk at a Christmas party and ended up telling a professional artist/professor why pop art is overrated and devoid of affect. He said that was a fine opinion to have, as not all art is for everyone. I then told him it wasn't an opinion but the actual Truth and that these wishy washy aesthetics were bullshit and a rip off of early Dada. I saw him at the same party a year later and he oddly avoided me.

BWV fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 17, 2020

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You were right tho

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

i went to a college with one of the top arts programs in the country so out of sheer unbridled horniness i learned about art and now have opinions on it

BWV posted:

One time I got too drunk at a Christmas party and ended up telling a professional artist/professor why pop art is overrated and devoid of affect. He said that was a fine opinion to have, as not all art is for everyone. I then told him it wasn't an opinion but the actual Truth and that these wishy washy aesthetics were bullshit and a rip off of early Dada. I saw him at the same party a year later and he oddly avoided me.

speak your truth king

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I’m like 30 and first saw It when I was 14 or whatever but it’s still wild to me that The Garden of Earthly Delights was painted in the 1400s

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just really dislike his game

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I’m like 30 and first saw It when I was 14 or whatever but it’s still wild to me that The Garden of Earthly Delights was painted in the 1400s

drat it really is an amazing painting.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The vast majority of postmodern art is a vehicle for money laundering and serves no other purpose.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I get that the upper echelons of any profession is a bunch of gibberish to a layperson but unless that work can be enjoyed or provide benefit to everyday people or be used to advance the profession then it's just pointless wankery that deserves to be mocked

And that is why I am a computer engineer, one of the most beneficial professions to society

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

I get that the upper echelons of any profession is a bunch of gibberish to a layperson but unless that work can be enjoyed or provide benefit to everyday people or be used to advance the profession then it's just pointless wankery that deserves to be mocked

And that is why I am a computer engineer, one of the most beneficial professions to society

How many people have to enjoy a art before it’s worth it

What about your old fashioned “unappreciated in their own time” type artist should they be mocked now for jumping the gun on aesthetic fashion

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The vast majority of postmodern art is a vehicle for money laundering and serves no other purpose.

:allears:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

modern stuff is like "the beatles" now though, and post modern is the future. read some mark fisher

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

hifi posted:

modern stuff is like "the beatles" now though, and post modern is the future. read some mark fisher

*Brushes off his copy of K-Punk*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

How many people have to enjoy a art before it’s worth it

What about your old fashioned “unappreciated in their own time” type artist should they be mocked now for jumping the gun on aesthetic fashion

That would fall under the advancing the field clause and therefore logic holds

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SAS NBAers I come to you in all seriousness. What can we do to make this a reality

quote:

However, if point guard Chris Paul makes his way to the Knicks via a trade, sources have said Anthony is likely to want to follow. Anthony and Paul are close friends who dreamed of playing together in the NBA and saw their alliance in Houston end prematurely.

Both players were represented by Knicks president Leon Rose when he was basketball chief of Creative Artists Agency. A source said Rose is amenable to an Anthony return even without Paul.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

You're halfway there. Now get a Wall Street financier to buy that emoji for $50 million and you've got some postmodern art on your hands.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

SAS NBAers I come to you in all seriousness. What can we do to make this a reality

A Chris Paul/Carmelo Anthony pairing could be considered postmodern art.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Can people stop putting this poo poo on us

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The art you like its bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It would honestly be pretty easy to get Chris Paul to Kicks, if they decline Bobby Portis they have 30 million+ in cap space. It honestly doesn't even look like THAT bad of an idea:

https://tradenba.com/trades/iYQqpgpQ2

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Your Aesthetic Eye is Deficient

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

also if the knicks job is to have a competent team that makes the playoffs and maybe provides less of a tire fire for their young talent to develop in, trading for chris paul makes a lot of sense (and if he stays healthy it’s gonna be more attractive to free agents)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cp3 is vegan now hes better than ever body is indestructible

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Declan MacManus posted:

also if the knicks job is to have a competent team that makes the playoffs and maybe provides less of a tire fire for their young talent to develop in, trading for chris paul makes a lot of sense (and if he stays healthy it’s gonna be more attractive to free agents)

If the Knicks trade for Westbrook or CP3, that player will fall off a cliff by mid season. Isn’t this what always happens when the Knicks get older big name players?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I could be talked into this being an East playoff team:

Mitchell Robinson
Julius Randle
Melo
Dennis Smith
Chris Paul

Do a couple smart draft picks, you're in business.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=2004485685f8b5982e83b4983760074

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whoever runs this account is a top tier troll

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1317524913788317696

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Knicks signing a bloated vet contract for leadership is the oldest story in the NBA. If they would have just landed Zion all the dreams of getting superstars in their prime might actually occur too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hope the knicks trade mitch for cp3

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I could be talked into this being an East playoff team:

Mitchell Robinson
Julius Randle
Melo
Dennis Smith
Chris Paul

Do a couple smart draft picks, you're in business.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=2004485685f8b5982e83b4983760074

Love SGA but i think this year kinda proved that Paul gets you most of the way to a playoff team floor by himself, so yeah in the East they could probably sneak in. I feel like I might rather just overpay FVV a little if I were them but I could see it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Salute to the patricians that voted for Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion and Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Sultan Mehmed IV of the Ottoman Empire. God drat those are some good rear end paintings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

A Chris Paul/Carmelo Anthony pairing could be considered postmodern art.

The Temptation of Carmelo Anthony