Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
He was basically Amar'e but with even better hops. Explosive PF legs just aren't built for the long haul, I guess. Hopefully Zion changes that narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I remember when LeBron LeBronned the Pistons, I was largely impressed by James, but I felt bad for McDyess in particular, because I wanted him to get a ring somewhere.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

antonio mcdyess ruled, rip

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
McDyess was one of those journeyman mid range shooting PFs post injury ala Joe Smith.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I literally had to look up if McDyess died because of the last 10 posts or so

he's alive

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Today i learned JR Smith played for New Orleans

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Poque posted:

I literally had to look up if McDyess died because of the last 10 posts or so

he's alive

when you retire you die and you haunt basketball as a ghost, commentating for all eternity

verbal enema posted:

he and chris “birdman” andersen were on the same team that unsurprisingly won only 18 games

then cp3 showed up the next year and fixed everything

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't remember if this came up during basketball card chat, but apparently the Menendez Brothers are on a Mark Jackson basketball card? Wild poo poo.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/how-two-serial-killers-were-discovered-on-an-old-mark-jackson-basketball-card/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Poque posted:

I don't remember if this came up during basketball card chat, but apparently the Menendez Brothers are on a Mark Jackson basketball card? Wild poo poo.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/how-two-serial-killers-were-discovered-on-an-old-mark-jackson-basketball-card/

LA Beast tried to get one signed unsuccessfully

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

verbal enema posted:

LA Beast tried to get one signed unsuccessfully

by whom tho

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

By the menendez brothers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ammanas posted:

by whom tho

One of the Menendez Brothers

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/1320341841456353286

https://twitter.com/WKBW/status/1320376804889210880

MorrisBae fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 25, 2020

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I wonder if the Raptors prioritize having fans in attendance, and therefore some crazy state that's willing to do that for an outside team.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Buffalo wings are chicken wings, and chickens are pretty close to Raptors. I'll allow it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Buffalo wings are chicken wings, and chickens are pretty close to Raptors. I'll allow it

But Louisville is the home of the KFC Yum! Arena, which is also chicken-related.

Hey, anyone remember the web game where you killed Velociraptors to profit off of selling them as food?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Algund Eenboom posted:

By the menendez brothers

woulda been funnier if it was mark jackson tho

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Declan MacManus posted:

he and chris “birdman” andersen were on the same team that unsurprisingly won only 18 games

then cp3 showed up the next year and fixed everything

Pretty much, yeah.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ah, buffalo, toronto's little brother.

we send people over to root for the bills, they send us their tv stations back over, we send our sports team over there during covid. a perfect little ecosystem.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 26, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Buffalo would probably be better for the Raptors since their fan base could still attend the games reasonably and they probably wouldn't be actively trying to steal the team the way that Kentucky certainly will.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Buffalo would probably be better for the Raptors since their fan base could still attend the games reasonably and they probably wouldn't be actively trying to steal the team the way that Kentucky certainly will.

the canadian government would probably make any fans who see a basketball game in the US quarantine every single time they reentered the country.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

the canadian government would probably make any fans who see a basketball game in the US quarantine every single time they reentered the country.

That is literally the rule and has been for close to 9 months. Well, not the basketball bit, but for any reason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

I don't think the Raptors are at any risk of being stolen and I don't think Kentucky has any ideas either. It would most likely be an audition for their viability so they could then steal someone else's team

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Rick posted:

Lol there is no chance of anyone “stealing” the team. I would rather they play in Kentucky than Buffalo tbh.

I don’t think many Canadians are willing to quarantine for 2 weeks just to see a basketball game, and even if they are you’d have to take a plane anyway because the land border is closed to tourism. A flight to Louisville is probably cheaper than a flight to buffalo from Toronto, not sure about other parts of Canada.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ah, sorry I forgot your border was sane, I went to Mexico for dental work a couple weeks ago without a single COVID related question or sign either direction.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Rick posted:

Ah, sorry I forgot your border was sane, I went to Mexico for dental work a couple weeks ago without a single COVID related question or sign either direction.

Unfortunately, much like everything we do, we're a cross between america and europe. We closed down borders to america to stop you freaks from spreading your sickness, but europe closed their border with us to stop us freaks from spreading our sickness :smith:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

That is literally the rule and has been for close to 9 months. Well, not the basketball bit, but for any reason.

There are way too many people who think Being Sensible For A Little While is a bridge too far.

verbal enema posted:

Yesterday I learned that Darko played for the Celtics.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Am I so old that someone expressing surprise that JR Smith played for NO makes me angry

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

i only support the raptors playing in kentucky if it means a new team is introduced there and divides the grizz's fanbase so bad that they move back to vancouver

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

*Googles Kentucky age of consent*
Alright Drakes down for this guys

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I used to have a vintage kentucky cougars shirt, the team that brought Larry Brown to coaching fame. It's time to bring them back. And make the team have a Justified theme

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RTNBA/status/1320122031241891840

Based Earl

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

*Googles Kentucky age of consent*
Alright Drakes down for this guys

Uhh, anything about your search history we need to be concerned with?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

lmao

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

lmao, of course its sam dekkker

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Of every wired up segment that I've ever seen, Sam Dekkker was the most painful. He struggles to speak, you can almost feel his brain struggling to fire off enough sparks to finish a thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_wthYvOCbg

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dekker says he ain't a Trump supporter.

https://twitter.com/dekker/status/1320264399446298624

So maybe he changed his mind since then I dunno.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i will never get tired of posting dekker.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbHPe6PdKhA

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apparently Dekker was tangentially involved in a Temecula tier Twitter fight when he posted something about being proud of being white and sreekar responded with DeKKKer and some lawyer flew him out to LA to fight him, so that's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Chairchucker posted:

Apparently Dekker was tangentially involved in a Temecula tier Twitter fight when he posted something about being proud of being white and sreekar responded with DeKKKer and some lawyer flew him out to LA to fight him, so that's fun.

Lol