Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Some interesting FA pieces that could sign for contenders for the MLE or whatever, maybe taking a discount:

Millsap
Gallinari
Wes Matthews
Davis Bertans
Serge Ibaka
Derrick Favors
Jerami Grant

The market really sucks so who knows what some of these guys will do. Some of them will have a hard time getting their true value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

MourningView posted:

Bertans is probably the best one other than FVV to be actually available and he is get an insane contract from someone.

Yeah, I kind of imagine FVV is just gonna get a deal from someone with cap space or he'll re-sign in Toronto as the heir apparent to Lowry.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

leftist heap posted:

It doesn't seem like any of these guys outside of maybe Matthews would sign for MLE money or maybe Millsap. Maybe I'm misreading this offseason.

This is the 2020 cap space and I think teams wanna try to keep their options open for 2021:

1 ATL $44.3M
2 NYK $42.4M
3 DET $30.0M
4 MIA $21.9M
5 CHA $19.4M
6 PHX $18.9M

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When MJ retired, did everyone automatically give him GOAT status right then and there? Was there no pundit debate about Kareem or whoever else

MJ was basically the consensus GOAT after the first 3-peat, yeah. I think Magic or Bird would be the most commonly thought of #2.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Davis is ranked way too high. He's lucky he's on Lebron's team. And what did Kawhi do to deserve being ranked above Harden?

The thing about Davis is that he's a super-star level player that fits perfectly with other superstar level players because he's both like a top 5 defender (maybe #1) and top 5 off ball guy (probably #2? behind Steph). And if the mid-range he showed in the playoffs is real, you can actually lean on him to give you some self-created offense reliably.

He's also versatile enough that you can basically play whatever defense you want, you can pair him with a traditional big man or play him alone at the 5. Yeah, I mean, he's very very good from that standpoint.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Good Dipo would be pretty good on a lot of teams, I'd like him on the Mavs

offtopic, but man do I miss free play-index on basketball reference

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1318974917820313601?s=20

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/status/1318975916203233281?s=20

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Seems weird to be worried about parity right now when it feels like there's 8 teams that have a decent shot at the title next year (4 Semi-Finalists + Clips, Bucks, Nets, Warriors).

The Mavs also feel like they're potentially one move away.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

That move is actually just the direction Porzingis' knee goes.

ha

I feel like the team is goofy enough that it can get hot and take out anyone in a 7 game series but the defense is just pitiful.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Lol the warriors are gonna be a 5 seed at best.

I don't really believe in them either tbh

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

If Antonio Brown can get another job so can Boylen. Pro sports is hard to get into but once you're in, you're mostly likely in for life.

I mean, Antonio Brown was on pace to be one of the greatest receivers ever

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Metapod posted:

Its serge ibaka

It is apparently.... Darko.

https://twitter.com/bbstats/status/1320171394089553922?s=20

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Re Brand staying

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/1321516683606056961?s=21

Pompey gets info straight from the top

RIP Alex Rucker, hope he lands on his feet.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

Also - he may well suck, but it seems odd to me that people here are so down on him for being poorer than the other owners. A weird vibe given the politics of the thread.

I imagine it's not his actual broke-ness that is attracting the derision but something else?

he bought a championship-level team and started pinching pennies

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

pretty sure houston dodged the tax this year and last, right? the capela trade got them under the tax

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

V

Velveeta being a PPG and RBIs guy is very on brand.

seems like velveeta has a pretty good understanding of the advanced metrics tbh.

I kind of don't trust any individual one-number metric but if you kind of know where they fall short you can adjust mentally. and also unconsciously bias it to make it say what you want.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Looking at the NBA women pictures reminded me of the chuds who made a waifu out of a genderswap photoshop of David Hogg

Anyway what I mean is that Alex Caruso could get it

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I spent way too long trying to figure out which was the Phoenix Suns starting 5 and I still have no idea.

They're the bottom middle. See how it's split into Western and Eastern conferences? They're the bottom right of the Western conference.

Booker top left, Ayton Top Right, Baynes Bottom Right, I assume.. Rubio in the middle?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lebron/Wade/Bosh might have had more punch but it feels like these 3 are just so static offensively that it's a crazier fit.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

if Giannis is signing, then that changes a lot of plans for 2021 and I wonder if you see Dallas, Miami, and Toronto make significant moves.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

leftist heap posted:

I like Jrue but he has wrapped around from underrated to overrated. It's a good fit at least.

He went from underrated because he really only fits well with elite talent to being overrated because he fits well with elite talent

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Vernacular posted:

Ariza's contract is partially non-guaranteed right? He'll be ring-chasing elsewhere

I think it has to become fully guaranteed now

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1328569200479178756

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Jrue better than Khris Middleton

Nahh.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

How the gently caress are they gonna pull that poo poo off? What picks do they have left to trade?

idk. they owe 4 currently (one to cleveland), so it would have to be 2nds. Maybe Donte?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

dang, I was hoping the Mavs might have gotten Green and Gallo

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329190602727165952

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1329190529280708617

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Green is expiring ??!

yeah he only signed a 2yr deal

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

come 2021 the Sixers will still have Tobi/Joel/Ben on about ~100m, plus J-Rich has a player option, and I assume they would pick up the Shake and Tisse options. All told that's ~120m.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

it's been 60 seconds tell me giannis is signing or not

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Dallas should throw a bunch of money at Bogi and S&T us stuff

would you take uh Delon Wright and Justin Jackson

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Wes Matthews is bad but has name recognition

I thought he did well last year in the playoffs. TBH. Should fit in right there with the Lakers.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

He's ok as a mug you type perimeter defender since I don't see great lateral movement. And he's a 36% 3pt shooter which isn't bad but well below the level people attribute to him. And he's banged up all the time

It's fine depth signing but he's not replicating those KCP games from the bubble

yeah I mean he's not a sharpshooter but the Lakers don't really have any of those anyway

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

why the gently caress would you pay 8m/yr for a plumlee, sign a loving wing and then pick up some 7 footer off the street???

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

wait the pistons already had dewayne dedmon?? tf are they doing

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Well, Lakers still gotta sweat what happens with KCP, maybe they end up s&ting him or trading Kuzma

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

wait how can they pay jerami grant $20m/year. well we'll say it's like 18m this year.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1329990993609953280

LOL so Beal re-signed with Washington and they just gave Bertans 5/80 and now they gotta try to trade John Wall bum rear end supermax?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

John Wall and Beal for Klay and Dray and a bunch of picks? lol