Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Great Laker Duos:
KAJ/Magic
Shaw/Kobe
Donaghy/Stern
Kobe/Pau
LeBron/Kobe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Those faces look familiar...

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just really dislike his game

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
You guys are all overrating Wiggins.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

Ben Standig was on the No Dunks podcast today and one of the questions they discussed was about weird items players had asked their agent to send into the bubble, and now I am coming here to ask You Folks a question:

who do you think was the player who asked for a motorized scooter to be sent into the bubble so that he didn't have to walk 15 minutes across the campus every day? it's definitely Jokic right

Zion

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Mike D’Antoni as offensive coordinator too please

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Gobert is owed $26.5MM through the 20-21 season still, so maybe you’re hearing rumblings about a trade or free agency next year?

I love the guy, and he’s obviously very valuable, but I just don’t see how he can get a team to the conference finals as the main big man. In my opinion, paying max money to a center who can’t defend the perimeter (as game breaking as he is on the interior, on both ends) kneecaps your roster building too significantly. It depends on if the Jazz want to be the west coast Pacers or not.

I bet they offer him a big contract, but I would be trying to trade him. Maybe there aren’t any good pieces available though. And poo poo, if he were on the Kings, I’d be hammering the max button.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
That’s true I forgot about the Rockets mismatch the last couple years. Turner is available but not for an even more expensive center.

If he’s ok with money around the $27MM range then it’s all good.

Zubac and PG for Gobert and a re-signed Clarkson lol

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
That’s moot because they lost in the first round to Denver. Jokic/Murray aren’t going anywhere. Very evenly matched though. They also lost in the first round to Houston last year.

Do you think they could have beaten LAC? Or if they were lined up with Houston and won, and had to play LAL? If they had Bojan things might have gone differently for sure but that’s part of the randomness.

No shame in losing to the Rockets, especially that 2018 team.

I agree that Gobert gives them a better chance than anything else out there, I just hope he’s okay with a non-max contract. Definitely not advocating for a rebuild.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It will be pretty impossible to get decent value back for Rudy because his defense is so valuable. How fun would he be with Trae though? A Capela + Collins package is a start

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

dokmo posted:

I was talking with a scout who was convinced that drop bigs like gobert and lopez were going to become increasingly useless in the playoffs and the future was mobile bigs who could switch.

All my Gobert takes are just a warm up for my take that the Sixers should build around Simmons and trade Embiid

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

He’s trying to catch a snowflake in his mouth

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
If they add the rule where the ball is live once it hits the rim, that could be a happy medium.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Love to see those unironic comments on Athletic articles and Twitter about how boring and unimpressive the Modern Game of Basketball is and how it doesn’t matter because I stopped watching long ago anyways.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

creamcorn posted:

i'm not being ironic when i post those. remove the three, return illegal defenses, and let me watch sim bhullar post up.

Keep the 3, but make dunks worth 4. Has to be a clean dunk though, no thrunks.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The Kings have a very good 3pt shooter, one of the best, and certainly his value is not inflated at all by playing for a bad team. Ignore the facts that a top-2 shooter is better as a sixth man, and that he aged so much in a year that he forgot how texting works and probably puts ... between every thought

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Horford and Simmons for Buddy, Barnes, and Cory Joseph is the best you’ll get so just go ahead and hit that trade button.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Please don’t be white though.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

That's a real missed opportunity for the players. How loving confused would ownership governorship be if the one thing they could hold over player's heads, "you'll be losing out on money," the players just said, "okay, we'll take less to play less, we want an offseason." Something like that could really swing bargaining power in the players' favor in the next CBA negotiation.

Yea, but the sticking point is all of the end of the bench guys making minimums. Gotta make sure they’re able to survive too.

——

I was thinking about Jrue Holiday last week and how I hope NOP keeps him for a bit. He’s on a great contract for his skill level and presence. A young team with a lot of moving parts and title aspirations needs a veteran ball handler and perimeter defensive stopper. I look at him like Diet Kyle Lowry. Not exactly the same position, and Lowry has better career numbers, but he’s arguably peaking now and Holiday has a couple years to get to that level. The issue is I don’t think NOP as a team will be at the contender level in 3-4 years, but it is possible.

He has a PO in 21-22 so maybe they can talk him into opting out and taking a longer cheaper deal. I get the desire to move him now because he’s in demand in a lackluster free agent market, but I’m nervous it would be undervaluing his veteran presence. Makes sense to find someone on the younger timeline, but it seems like every contending team needs a steady ball handler.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who has the basketball monster on their shoulder? It's a basketball guy with a little scary face

Oh man I can picture it but I can’t recall who. Such a hilarious little guy

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Vinestalk posted:

Could it be Carlos Delfino?

Or Dejounte Murray?

Definitely the Dejounte one, for me. Nice find. I was thinking DeRozen, but his is the hilarious Joker one.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Richaun Holmes and Nerlens Noel would be solid 2nd and 3rd center options too

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Holiday is somehow underrated and overpaid.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings actually have had a hell of an offseason thus far. Feels good man!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Bubba Gump Times Square getting a lot of free advertising on ABC. There’s hope yet Rockets fans.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

donald trump demanding they stop counting after he fell behind in michigan is truly the Boylen Timeout of political moves

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lmfao

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

So close, and yet so cheap looking. I like the Sactown part but everything else needs to go.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

big boi posted:

LloRondo

Lol

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

kd can win with that cat

They would only need to include DeAndre, Kyrie, Kurucs, Temple, and Musa to get Harden instead of House!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I honestly think Kuz would do well under Pop, he does his best in motion offenses

Edit: plus if anyone can fix his 3, it's Chip Engellend, and that'll open up his pump fake and drive game that was so good his rookie year

I cannot read “Chip Engelland” in a voice other than Jenny Slate’s Liz from PubLizity

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Introducing your newest Cleveland Cavalier!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
You either lose in the first round this season or you lose Booker next season. Sorry to all the Suns fans who don’t like CP3 but suck it up and enjoy a winning team.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lockback posted:

Booker is under contract until 2024

Yea, so

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

quote:

It started as a bucket list item for Meyers Leonard: a cross-country trip in a recreational vehicle with his wife, Elle, and dog, Koko. And it wasn’t just any RV: it was the Coors Light Chillstream, a 40-foot rig that came with a professional driver and a refrigerator stocked with Silver Bullets, his favorite beer.

“Pretty much a dream come true,” Leonard said.

Drink, play, love: Meyers Leonard’s RV trip that brought reconnection and renewal https://theathletic.com/2193252/202..._shared_article

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What Fertitta pictures when he hears: “Let me come to Brooklyn.”

What Harden meant:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kyrie will end up on like the Hornets or Magic if Harden goes to Brooklyn.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
For me it would have to be at least LeVert and Allen, and probably Dinwiddie. Re-sign Joe Harris and include him too. That gets the money to match at least. Houston doesn’t have anybody to salary dump (besides Russ) so I’d expect at least future first and maybe this year’s first too.

Tough to get comparable value back when you trade superstars, but at least all those guys can ball.

Edit: and hope you can find a home for Eric Gordon

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 17, 2020

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

If I was a Rocket fan I would hope they keep Harden and hoping uprorar can get Tillman to sell the team maybe but other than that:

. . . getting the last Nets team that was fun to watch's core would at least mean they're inheriting a fun team to watch.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like the Brooklyn boys undervalue all of those guys

Edit: uhhh but obviously Harden is insanely valuable so if you can get him you figure the rest out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lmfao nailed it