Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorta surprised there's not been anything from the warhammer crew.

I like it sorta, but the D&D cartoon reference doesn't combo well with the miniatures hobby side? Maybe?

I just did it up because it was in that Scrunt imgur gallery you posted. I figured it meant something to the minis threads. Plus, D&D is a minis game anyway.

quote:

I'm an ideas man here. Can we do something with this classic?

Hell yeah. It's probably funnier for a "pretty dollies" tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Someone do a PbtA/BitD/storygames tag, I can't think of any good ideas.

Play to find out what happens... in my pants.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xiahou Dun posted:

Play to find out what happens... in my pants.
Yours? 6 or lower

Splicer fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 16, 2020

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

But that just means you have to make a Hard Move.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Probably a gif cycling between these two.

I'd like to find a third thing, maybe just "Fail Forward" but I'm not sure which game's font/logo to use. Maybe Monsterhearts, but then I'd have two PbtA games in a three-frame/-game gif and that bothers me.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 18, 2020

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Lemon-Lime posted:

Probably a gif cycling between Hard Moves and one of the two Risky Rolls versions.

I'd like to find a third thing, maybe just "Fail Forward" but I'm not sure which game's font/logo to use. Maybe Monsterhearts, but then I'd have two PbtA games in a three-frame/-game gif and that bothers me.

Just use the Whizzard, Muscle Wizard and No Sense of Right and Wrong Wizard as the images with each line.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I don’t know how to make gifs, but please make close ups of every face in this picture

And make the final frame “TG” (or traditional games or whatever) in an rpg font

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm the book of thai cuisine under the table

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Leperflesh posted:

I'm the book of thai cuisine under the table

There’s so much content here.

E: please post your finished works in the Hot Modrons thread! I’ll link em in the OP so we can keep them for posterity and the eventual v3 thread

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xiahou Dun posted:

But that just means you have to make a Hard Move.
:golfclap:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

EDIT: I realize that against the light grey of the forum, the background color looks awful, so lemme change that and come back in a sec.

EDIT 2:

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 17, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I really like that, lol

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Storygames: Quantum Bears.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Storygames: Quantum Bears.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 18, 2020

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I don’t know how to make gifs, but please make close ups of every face in this picture

And make the final frame “TG” (or traditional games or whatever) in an rpg font

Took a shot at this, but it's admittedly hard to get enough of their faces in frame when gangtags tend to be wide rather than portrait-y.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm glad you included the skull on the wall. I was planning on doing that if I got around to trying it. But the one you made is great already!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

TotalHell posted:

Took a shot at this, but it's admittedly hard to get enough of their faces in frame when gangtags tend to be wide rather than portrait-y.

This is awesome. Thank you!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TotalHell posted:

My recommendation would be to cut to the DM screen at the end and have "Trad Games" written there, because the fade to just text on a white background is a bit jarring as-is.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Lemon-Lime posted:

My recommendation would be to cut to the DM screen at the end and have "Trad Games" written there, because the fade to just text on a white background is a bit jarring as-is.

I don't hate it, but I think we do run up against size issues at that point. The screen is quite small, and it might looks weird to blow it up on the last frame? Not sure.

Oh and here, have two other I made:

e: Drat, Drill Your Barrels is pretty drat dark.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
drat, these are all great ideas! I'd like to split my vote six-ways though, if possible :D

TotalHell posted:

Sprue Crew

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:five: Just straight up gently caress my poo poo up with this one please

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

EDIT:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

These are all pretty good, but Night Horrors: TG Shitposters just can't be as good as "Shitposter Recognition Guide" - my vote would be for the fourth one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TotalHell posted:

I don't hate it, but I think we do run up against size issues at that point. The screen is quite small, and it might looks weird to blow it up on the last frame? Not sure.

What if it cut to just "Traditional Games" on white background, but you put in two lines and deformed the text so it looks like it's written on the DM screen?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

One of my earlier ideas as a tag:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

can you do "crew" as "crüe" like Mötley Crüe, or is that too old of a reference nowadays

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

def one of these

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

can you do "crew" as "crüe" like Mötley Crüe, or is that too old of a reference nowadays

Motley Crue is never too old a reference...right?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Leperflesh posted:

It's not old it's traditional

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

It's not old it's traditional

seasoned
time-tested
mature
well-established?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TotalHell posted:

Make the third-to-last frame the guy eating he gun, the second-to-last the brainspray on the wall, then the "Trad Games" wipe?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

let's keep the brainspray on the wall out of the gang tag, actually

why?
well, let me just say that the admins of SA have had to work on a policy about how to respond to suicidal posters/posts

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If I was coded by radium I'd be suicidal too

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Leperflesh posted:

let's keep the brainspray on the wall out of the gang tag, actually

why?
well, let me just say that the admins of SA have had to work on a policy about how to respond to suicidal posters/posts

I'm not sensitive to that kind of imagery and still don't want it in the tag so thank you. Skull better be there tho.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

mango sentinel posted:

I'm not sensitive to that kind of imagery and still don't want it in the tag so thank you. Skull better be there tho.

Agreed. On both counts.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Then maybe don't have the guy eating his own gun at all?

:shrug:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Schadenboner posted:

Then maybe don't have the guy eating his own gun at all?

:shrug:

I liked your first idea better

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So this seems to be winding down. Let's say another 24 hours for any more submissions or ideas or refinements, and then I'll make a list with categories and we can vote!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Can we get one with the 40k font that just says "HAMS"?

(I don't have computer access right now or I'd give it a try.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Can someone do something with Blackleaf, D&D experience getting membership in a Witch's coven, or anything else from the Jack Chick tract?