Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hope dexter has switched to just killin trees with the same care and attention as he did people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I mean the general public still thinks Doakes was the Bay Harbour Butcher. That seems pretty "wrong" to me.

Dexter is alive. I can't think of any reason for them to have made a finale where he survives, like, ideally he would be serial-killed by someone, if not, drowned in a body of water, if not, otherwise will do -- but he should never ever survive the finale, I don't get that all. He's a piece of poo poo, he should die, it would be satisfying to see him die, but they gave him fairytale ending??? what?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

nerox posted:

Amazingly, we had True Blood going on HBO at the same time that ended up with the same problem.

At least True Blood had straight up fantasy magic and races to justify any WTFness that went down, my tolerance for weirdness and bullshit scales with level of magic involved. Dexter wasn't magic so it was weird and offputting whenever magic happened just to keep the show going.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Thus far, the lowest point of my rewatch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEdFM0T7Bg

oh lord wheres part 2

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had several friends when the show was airing who had a seething hatred for it, starting with the intro. I can't even recall why specifically, but the film major friend especially had a long rant on how lovely it looked or the lighting or whatever with it. I thought the steak was pretty gross but liked the show at first and mostly ignored their heavy shade, but in retrospect, they had much better taste and instincts than I did. Tried rewatching it recently, never even finished the show, can't remember which season I stopped and only saw random bits thereafter, but geez, it is pretty loving bad, I remember thinking Michael C Hall was a pretty good actor, but idk, once the wool is lifted he's a pretty corny clown.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Watching that long video and I agree Trinity Killer should've been the series end. I didn't really like it at the time, but in retrospective and how it ties in w Dexter's bs, it pretty much is the most thematically complete way to end things.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You season 3 reminded me of Dexter in the bad way, in terms of people getting away with doing sloppy easy to catch murders but nobody does ever and everything works out for the murderman.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i cant believe these protestors were handed mochas to throw a ta billionaire and they just didn't even try

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
kirk was the bay harbor butcher of stars hollow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how did harrison find dexter anyway?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Really baffled people arguing over Dexter getting caught or not. lol, are you joking? that motherfucker needs to get fuckin killed right in the middle of one of his stupid fuckin monologues

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JaddaCaddra posted:

No joke, this is actually how the books end.

Say what you will about the books, but they never lost sight of the fact that Dexter was extremely hosed up and not to be seen as a hero. The plots are pretty bizarre (namely the one where his dark passenger turns out to be a real thing) and they read more like scripts than they do books, but they were way more consistent than the TV series in that regard. Pretty sure Dexter even tortures people to death, as opposed to a quick stabbing. It's a shame they're so poorly done otherwise, because that was actually done pretty well for the most part.

Never read em myself, but remember going through a wiki once and being impressed it was even more bonkers than the show for its own reasons. That ending though is solid.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it's not like i make any effort to only watch good tv shows. I watched a full of America's Funniest videos last night then I watched half of Total Recall with that irish prick.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
masuka onlyfans page is not just viral marketing it's in-universe lore

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Brass posted:

Maybe you think the sex scenes in the show are there to flesh the characters out??

I don't remember any personally and from this I'm getting the energy of a comment on a video where all they have to say "wow, do they really have to use so many cuss words?" genuinely confused how everyone else isn't up-in-arms over cusses

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JaddaCaddra posted:

Oh my god it just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

So we ended the last episode thinking he threw Matt's remains in the lake. No, turns out he put his body IN THE FIRE PIT ON HIS OWN loving PROPERTY. Also the person watching the camera is so obviously Clancy Brown, cause we can't have an antagonist just be someone who poses a threat to exposing Dexter. Nah, they gotta be killers too.

Jesus loving Christ this is bad. Are we sure Scott Buck isn't wearing a Clyde Philips skin suit?

Haha I'm only watching in the background while working so I missed some stuff like that. I was wondering who this kidnapped person was because I forgot, and missed the hints I guess, so I was thinking "oh it's the murdered guy, he had this victim who might now starve to death or some poo poo if dexter doesnt find out and free her or something." Welp, guess it's just some badguy for dexter to kill or if we're lucky, get killed by.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

the "you're already dead" is such a clunky and overly deliberate evocation of trinity's "it's already over"

writing on the show isn't doomsday killers-level bad but it is a new type of eyeroll-inducing incompetence where they're trying to ape the beats of prestige tv while still having to build connective tissue between this new storyline and the one where harrison and his poisoner stepmom spent a very normal 7 years in argentina

it's also just a meme. If i saw that in my torture-death-room, I'd still bust up laughing. both because Id compulsively be doing my own terrible version of the clip, but also laughing that they tried to menace me with a decades old anime meme.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

802.11weed posted:

here's my prediction: cops are gonna find the dead body and blame harrison , dexter will confess to save him

This seems like the right balance of redemption and justice. Dexter should rot in jail and have to be exposed in court and poo poo, closure for his victims families, etc so I hope he doesn't get an easy way out via being murdered.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The one thing I like is bringing in a true crime podcaster. Was hoping someone like that would show up and start making bold conclusions. The rest of it sounds pretty doofy, Harrison picking from another father figure, huh? That's gonna be convoluted as hell and the fact he is facing another serial killer makes me think Dexter will survive. Hopefully Angela discovering Dexter's past will lead him to jail since they're not going to have the badguy serial killer kill him. Or if he does, Dexter will die after he kills the serial killer or Harrison does and they'll talk as he dies.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DaveKap posted:

That said [spoiler]I wondered how the scrawny billionaire was filling out so much of that stupid hunters getup.

I'm still wondering why the jerkoff Dexter killed was even out hunting alone. Dude seems like the type who needs his sycophants around to show off to and blow smoke up his rear end, hand him the drugs, etc. Super weird he was out hunting alone, almost like it's only so Dexter can kill him without them worrying about how dude obviously wouldn't alone out there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
dexter be like "ah, why didn't i think to go to the No-Questions-Asked Cremation store the first time!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Now open! Drive-thru public access cremation! "Ashes to Ashes-- we're non-profit... So won't you consider leaving a little cashes to Ashes & Ashes?"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why did dexter start dating the cop anyway? He used to get into relationships to look more normal so he could keep doing his monster stuff. But he's been purposely not doing that stuff and up in alaska that's new york somehow for some reason, he could get away with being a lonely shut-in, probably lots of those kinds of dudes around.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

For me, I had stopped watching the original series for multiple reasons but Dexter becoming Demi godlike in his ability to make people disappear to the point where there was no tension was a major one. Dexter running through the woods to throw off the scent is the kind of dark comedy that made the show initially entertaining.

As far as letting the person go and shooting them. That’s easily explained as a form of torture. Lots of real life examples of twisted people toying with others for their own amusement.

I really hope someone has a trail cam of Dexter doing his little vest dance in the woods and they bring it up in the trial.

As for the second thing, wtf? Seriously, who kills anyone or tortures anyone and lol at how lame it makes you look. Most killers never turn themselves in because they are so embarrassed. It takes a massive fucknig loser to kill someone and any kind of flair or fetish you put into it is cringe that makes you look like a tryhard freak not worthy of respect. Dexter is an absolute zero of course, but at least he has a TV show, most of the killers we see are other duds doing unimpressive bullshit for no audience.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hate this whole "bathed in blood as baby = killer" thing. Look, we could kill every baby's parents in front of them and let them sit in a pool of blood and the bad part of that will always be not having parents -- the kid doesn't care about the blood, I'm pretty sure babies would smear blood all over themselves the same as peanut butter or lotion if you had bottles of it around. Kill whoever you want in front of your kid if he's young enough, that's not a "think of the children moment!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wasn't the knife dexter found a straight razor? but the kid was stabbed, right? not slashed? to be honest my only experience with straight razors is when an old man has one uncomfortably close to your neck making you know why nobody gets old fashioned barber shaves anymore, and that paranoias is all about being slashed, not stabbed by the shaky hands man.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I do like that the creepy rich guy's serial killing plan went all awry because his latest victim didn't behave so predictably. Wish she had gotten more than a little slash and was disappointing he was already composed enough to begin creeping on Harrison. Wonder if he's got a doofy multi-part kill thing or if he's just a pervert for adoration of anyone needy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish I had shown my boobs on camera before I got so old and never famous.

Ideal ending: Dexter is caught by his gf after getting away long enough to fail to kill rich guy, but in a way where they both get caught and face their time in court and all the shame of being exposed and looked down on. Harrison good, helped bring down Dexter and rich guy.

Okay ending: Same thing but Dexter and rich guy both die instead of face justice.

Bonus ending: Dexter is getting caught and kills he own gf to avoid getting exposed then has to kill podcast last and then every other person in town one by one and he gets away with it and he kills rich guy without even solving the mystery.

Meh ending: Harrison bad, dexter kill harrison and rich guy, dexter die in process.

Bad ending: anything where Dexter is not brutally killed or permanently incarcerated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's his real name? What's Liddle a nickname for? Liddlemen? Liddleason? Liddleroni? IDK is this a traditional Floridian name or just how they spell little over there to save on alphabet complexity?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i love to read the reactions before watching the episode. It's the only way to guarantee entertainment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao this whole scene with dexter popping into kurts murder hotel with molly and clancy

"you betcha"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the preview seemed to indicate angela knows dexter a murderer, wonder if she knows about his whole thing or if he just has to admit one murder or two.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I must have missed it, but what part gave you that impression? It seemed like she just was wanting someone with forensic experience to help.

Something like Dexter "...but he's a serial killer / murderer!" othervoice: so are you! come to think of it might well have just been dead sister

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They don't show us much of her podcast and what we do hear is sparse enough to can assume the rest of the hour or whatever would be better than the intro or bits they give us with just exactly the exposition they want to express. Also having heard both good and bad true crime podcasts, the gap between them is negligible.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You ever work with any kind of business or event dealing with any pedigree of "celeb?" Whether it's a z-level hollywood figure or a local jackass known as the flat-earth anti-semite, they get a kind of deference and overblown treatment almost as if bloating their importance reflects it back onto the business or event.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT: Just had a thought - maybe Kurt killing Iris was an accident. What if he shot her while hunting by accident? Found it a huge rush and has spent the last 20 years recreating that high.

Unless he killed her as a baby and then absorbed some of her murder-blood, how would that relate to him being a serial killer?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

codo27 posted:

Harrison is actually Astor and Cody merged into one person, which somehow reduced their total age. The real Harrison is now Harrison Ford on the set of the new Indiana Jones movie

does he have a lot of debt or something? Just seems like he has been absolutely miserable and has hated acting in all characters and roles for forever, just the poster child for someone who is wanted at, but freakin hates, their job. Just wondering why he agreed to do another one after begrudgingly doing the last one with below-zero effort.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I watched the first episode and it was laughably bad. Is the rest any better?

No but it gets worse in a way that's entertaining and I'm genuinely excited to see what horseshit they pull next.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

Because the man needed a new plane after he wrecked his last one and it’s hard to say no to a dump truck of money being back into your driveway.

see the latter is something I could see him declining if he has to get up, but the former is the kind of thing I can think of him getting on his feet for.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Not a dig at you, but like, who even cares what the ending is? I just want to see more stupid rad adventures. It'd be fine with me if the last scene was another Dexter voiceover like "I can never stop. I'll never put the killing behind me. But as long as there are bad people out there, there's a job for me to do. And the police are so incompetent that I'll never -- never -- get caught."

And then ten years from now we can have Dexter: Old Blood.

No way, I've been wanting to see Dexter brutally killed or otherwise brought to justice since the first or second season. This could be our chance to finally see his dumbass laid out on a table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
man i wish this show had fewer episodes.