Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank god it's been preserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Same episode but that's during the hammer time scene above

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't even loving remember why that monkey has anything to do with Dexter and yet I too still thought of Dexter when I saw that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think the worst thing this season could be is competent / unremarkable. I hope it's either s8 bad or actually good.

This. Either the thread needs to be good or the show does

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is that the same guy who would always post about how every episode was the best one yet and get mad that everyone else was making fun of how bad it was

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Deb got shot, got better, and then had a fatal stroke.

Then Dexter sacrificed her dead body to a hurricane, faked his own death and hosed off to be a lumberjack while abandoning his son into the care of a fellow murderer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

When I described that season finale to my brother before he watched it he straight up thought I was messing with him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

The hurricane was named Laura , or Dexter's mother's name too :goofy:

Lol I genuinely forgot that detail

So ~deep~

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

roomtone posted:

I don't really remember how Doakes died, and I won't check, so let's just say that he didn't.

he got blown up by titty vampire

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brock Samson posted:

this is a joke right

How soon we forget season 6

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I forgot Deb dates this old man and also the old man has a long gratuitous rear end shot

I remembered the former but mercifully forgot the latter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not a tweet (well, at least not JUST a tweet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7uvkztyy5U

The wonderful thing about Dexter Youtube is getting to see into the bizarre world where people like this exist:

quote:

Quinn and Deb were such a cute couple I wish Deb didn't die .. Quinn was so broke hearted and lost without her..

???????

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has to be complete loving clickbait holy poo poo Dexter is a stupid show but even them wouldn’t be THIS stupid, right?

You're kidding surely

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah even in the original they absolutely didn't keep track of how old Harrison was supposed to be.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk&t=1s

I convinced the only twist is which episode we'll get ghost Doakes in

I cannot believe that the scene with the cop stopping him made me perk up with interest for the briefest of moments

God drat this show and what it's done to me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It is very important to point out that he doesn't dump her into the harbor

He takes her into the hurricane that shares the name of his dead mother

SYMOBLISM

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

codo27 posted:

I hope no ones forgetting about Deb's flavor of the week who she thought was using her to write a book about her called Ice Queen something but it turns out Gym Jim is actually a childrens writer

Wow I don't remember this at all

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Honestly I thought that the transition to the kill, showing how out of practice he is, and the return to unhinged murderer Dexter was all highly effective. I still dare not hope there be actual consequences but overall this episode had good parts to it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

We know Dexter is going to get caught and executed because that’s how it was suppose to end anyway according to the original writers. No way they let him escape again after the backlash they received last time.

lol

and also

lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The problem I have is that for me the appeal in Dexter getting caught has nothing to do with him getting punished. Rather it was about all the other jackass characters being forced to come to terms with who he really was. Even if he's caught now we've already lost that. We'll never see Batista, Masuka, Quinn, Jaimie, etc. have to deal with the knowledge that the most prolific serial killer ever was right under their noses.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God Hole posted:

we did see that. they all thought the bay harbor butcher was doakes, and their reaction was "oh poo poo... anyway chicky hines"

:| You're not wrong...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The good:
- Harrison and Ghost Deb just roasting the everloving poo poo out of Dexter
- Clancy Brown

The bad:
- Basically everything else

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol everything to do with the blood coverup was peak awful Dexter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ghost Deb is awesome.

best part of the show easily

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So what do we think is up with Clancy Brown thinking, or claiming to think, that his son's still alive

Also i really fuckin hope they're not actually gonna go with "weird bullied kid becomes a school shooter" because jesus christ

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 21, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

itry posted:

The bullied kid drawing himself as a comic book character so he can feel better is pretty ordinary. I think that scene was more about Harrison.

And that Clancy Brown is a real good actor. No idea what that was about, but it made me think about True Detective for some reason.

The preview for the next episode definitely wants to make us think that they're going the worse direction, but it could also just be usual TV misdirection.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope it turns out he is still alive. Why? How? gently caress you!

That would be the best outcome tbh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Show’s good? drat i need to catch this

No, but ghost deb is

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Little weird though considering that he's the one who forced them to continue the search in the first place when they were prepared to abandon it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ghost Deb is saving this season singlehandedly

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm rooting for Harrison to be normal somehow.l and there being a good explanation for what happened.

Me too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Extremely disappointed the episode didn't end with Angela saying "Hello Dexter Morgan" and mugging for the camera

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

I hope Angela eventually suspects Dexter of being the Trinity Killer, who, unlike the Bay Harbor Butcher, is still at large as far as anyone knows.

The Trinity killer is thought to be at large, but his identity is also conclusively known.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CODChimera posted:

also was there really any point in hiding the villains identity to now?

Considering there was absolutely no swerve or twist, no not really

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I need a blood spatter analyst for this mummified corpse

She didn't read his file too closely

Funniest moment in the episode was Dexter blatantly lying to the therapist IN FRONT OF HARRISON about his wife's brutal murder

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Devorum posted:

I think it's pretty clear that Iris was probably his first kill. He was younger and slimmer and didn't have his embalming ritual down yet, or probably his trap room.

I don't think any other bodies are going to be in that cave. He takes too much care in the embalming to shove them in a cave beneath a cairn. He wants them where he can visit them.

Yeah the fact that he's so upset about damaging the last girl's face implies that he's keeping their bodies somewhere. Iris being the first kill and only one in the cave makes a lot of sense.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Caros posted:

You know, I kinda poo poo talked Angela last week. But I gotta give her props

I know it was contrived as poo poo, but the fact that someone other than Doakes finally put two and two together was very satisfying.

.... is what I would be saying if they hadn't hosed it up. gently caress you New Blood. Dexter used Etorphine, M99, for his kills. They mentioned this repeatedly throughout the original series. Ketamine wouldn't bring up details on the BHB. Hell, Ketamine is such a recreational drug that when I search "Ketamine Saskatoon Police" I end up with a few dozen drug busts. Worst. Episode. Ever.

Thank you I was like what the gently caress.

Also everything in this episode about Harrison and Kurt's relationship was really dumb.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah he's doing some kind of preservation, probably embalming. That's why he was so upset he shot the one girl in the face and couldn't patch her up to look good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

escape artist posted:

Series redeemed.

This. This episode finally gave me what I wanted all along. And it's finally over.

Show bad, finale good. No more Dexter. I'm happy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Come on. You know Harrison is going to have a show with Dexter as the new ghost dad.

The ratings and response to this cinched it.

Yeah but I don't have to watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No god please no