Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

God Hole posted:

*crashes into suspects' car, causing thousands of dollars in damages and ensuring you and the suspect both will be entangled in hours of insurance disputes*

"old P.I. trick"

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Quinn just drives up to Dexter hiding behind a wall, staring at the serial killer, says, "I KNOW WHAT YOURE UP TO. WELL, SEE YA" and drives off.

bloom posted:

░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗░░░██╗  ██╗░░██╗██╗███╗░░██╗███████╗░██████╗
██╔══██╗██║░░██║██║██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝╚██╗░██╔╝  ██║░░██║██║████╗░██║██╔════╝██╔════╝
██║░░╚═╝███████║██║██║░░╚═╝█████═╝░░╚████╔╝░  ███████║██║██╔██╗██║█████╗░░╚█████╗░
██║░░██╗██╔══██║██║██║░░██╗██╔═██╗░░░╚██╔╝░░  ██╔══██║██║██║╚████║██╔══╝░░░╚═══██╗
╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║╚█████╔╝██║░╚██╗░░░██║░░░  ██║░░██║██║██║░╚███║███████╗██████╔╝
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░░  ╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝╚══════╝╚═════╝░

the joy this thread is bringing me makes the eight seasons worth it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

God Hole posted:

alright looks like the lieutenant's position is opening up! who should it be?

the detective who was romantically involved with the ice truck serial killer a couple years ago or the detective accused of raping dexter's english ex-girlfriend? these are our two options.

and people say Dexter wasn’t realistic

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

JaddaCaddra posted:

Brilliant dissection.

One of my main issues with the show was how Dexter's killings that didn't fit his code were always brushed aside with a cop out, or just plain not addressed. Like in season three, when he kills that one guy in self defense and he spends an episode or two struggling with having killed an innocent man before oh wait it turns out he sold drugs to kids. He was a bad dude so it's cool. Then he ritualistically kills someone in season four and it turns out it was actually the dude's coworker or something behind the killing, but oh it turns out the guy beat women and was an rear end in a top hat so it's fine. Not the type of people Dexter kills usually, but they were bad, it's fine.

100%. The end of season two is especially bad in this regard, iirc they spend a lot of time on whether Dexter should kill Doakes and then completely give him a moral cop-out when Lila does it for him.