Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They need to bring back the Shield, which ended with Vic Mackey "winning" by being put on a desk job at a professional federal agency* with the implicit understanding that he was too much of a wild card to ever see field service again.

*ICE, lol how times change.

I never thought this was a 'Mackey is in hell now' ending. People in desk jobs can still wield tremendous power and it would not be long before someone high up in ICE would come to him as their guy who gets poo poo done. Only death would stop Vic Mackey, even if sentenced to life in jail he would find a way to run a cell block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Since the entire office either knows or will know that Vic is essentially a criminal/murderer, I can't see this happening.

And yes, I know "ICE" and all, today, he'd fit right in, but in the context of the show, they (ICE) are the good guys who likely look down quite a bit on cop killers.

Vic Mackey is in bureaucratic hell, without a trace of his family.

This is a great place to discuss other shows with interesting endings that leave you wondering what came after. Something good has already come out of this new Dexter thing.

Mackey would have a difficult time at first, several years probably. He may very well punch someone in the face who mentions he's a killer and go straight to jail.

But of he manages to keep to the deal that was made and put in his hours people will transfer away and he could become 'the guy that turned his life around'. Plenty of known and convicted killers have manage to fool people around them into believing they have changed.