Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's going to be so bad and I am ready for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I cannot find that drat ikea monkey image. I know I had it saved on my old phone and posted it in that season’s thread.

They should do the “it was all a dream” and have Doakes back.

I love it. Or just ignore everything after the s5 premiere and work from there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They need to bring back the Shield, which ended with Vic Mackey "winning" by being put on a desk job at a professional federal agency* with the implicit understanding that he was too much of a wild card to ever see field service again.

*ICE, lol how times change.

Friend do I have some good news for you :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wu3vUxQiqk

:barf:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:discourse:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

whowhatwhere posted:

Supposedly fall 2021 but that depends on things being good enough for production to go forward in the spring.

I thought production would start in fall 2021. So it would probably wrap early 2022. Based on that I would guess summer 2022 for more CHICKY HINES

ded posted:

the show is in florida. they don't do that there.

The show is shot in California though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

and an absolutely baffling revelation for one of the characters that ALMOST happened in finale, y'all know what I'm talking about)

wizardofloneliness posted:

I'm kind of disappointed on some level that they didn't go through with that insane character twist Sutter wanted though. It would've been incredibly stupid but also extremely hilarious if he'd just casually opened his fridge to reveal a bunch of severed heads. That's the kind of nonsensical poo poo I love.

I assume this is referring to Dutch? Because there was that time he strangled a cat and then they never followed up on it so I am in agreement with the extremely hilarious reveal angle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Never followed up on it? It was the end of that mini-arc.

He was egged on, over and over and over, from Clark Gregg's character, about really understanding the mind of a serial killer. I THINK the guy even told Dutch that it's inside everyone.

So Dutch, being obsessed with his work and understanding everything there is to know about the mind of a killer, kills the cat, and at that moment, realizes that no, he's NOT like them because he's horrified at what he just did.

He proved the guy wrong.

Anyway, I love the character of Dutch so much that I'm super glad that they didn't go through with that stupid poo poo.

Edit: Dexter: ITT we discuss better shows.

I completely forgot that it was the end to that arc. :negative:

I still think the ending would have been really funny though, in a dumb way.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Brown joins a long line of memorable actors who plays villains opposite Dexter, too, including Jimmy Smits, Colin Hanks, and Edward James Olmos. Fans will no doubt be excited to see what the Dexter team is cooking up for Brown's character to ensure the revival is as gripping as possible.

Yea, the show wasted all of those actors too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dignity Van Houten posted:

I never finished Dexter and feel pretty good about the decision. If I rewatch what's the recommended stopping point?

s2 or s4.

Everyone loves Lithgow in s4 but the rest of that season was hot loving garbage that he could barely salvage. Definitely a sign of things to come.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6CwxRrn1A

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUPx3iDChP4

I already repressed the memory forgot if he's supposed to be in hiding or if he's presumed dead by the Miami PD

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I think the worst thing this season could be is competent / unremarkable. I hope it's either s8 bad or actually good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1419826479047843844?s=20

Edit - stupid twitter cropping. The quote is "And he went there to lumberjack - working with lumber - but he's constantly surrounded by the sounds of chainsaws, which is very meaningful to Dexter because that's how his mother was killed"

I'm sorry I ever doubted you Showtime and Dexter. I am now very :stoked: for the thread and this bad show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has to be complete loving clickbait holy poo poo Dexter is a stupid show but even them wouldn’t be THIS stupid, right?

Hmmm...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope ghost Laguerta shows up.

As the bench.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Like others said, a pretty boring first episode. But at least it wasn't outright terrible so :confuoot:

Ghost Harry is way better than ghost Deb. That could definitely change though if she starts to swear a lot more.

Cojawfee posted:

It was an interesting first episode. But I want more head people. I want Harry, Debra, Rita, Lundy, Lindy, Laguerta, ANNNHEEEELLLLL, the creepy bald guy, and Doakes. Maybe even Black SUV guy.

Please god Doakes. This season will be a terrible failure if Doakes doesn't show up to yell at him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

i laughed a lot at any reference to the old series, especially ghost deb saying "everyone close to you dies" then after a dramatic pause adding "doakes...laguerta", two people that were going to put him in jail or shoot him for being a murderer

Glad I wasn't the only one lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JaddaCaddra posted:

Holy loving poo poo, the letter Dexter sent to Hannah from Oregon had a return address on it. gently caress this show.

lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

idk how that episode was 52 minutes and yet almost nothing happened.

Ghost Deb is pretty good though. "You smug gently caress."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phenotype posted:

This wasn't a filler episode, though, Dexter massaged the crime scene and followed the police investigation and we saw more from the kidnapped girl and some Dexter and Harrison stuff and a little drama with the girlfriend and her daughter, and found a new unwitting antagonist in Clancy Brown. I don't think they're gonna fall into a murder-of-the-week cycle again, if that was what you were expecting, this series is probably just gonna be about this little town and Dexter and Harrison, and the fallout from this murder and whatever is going on with the kidnapped girls.

I dunno guys, I kinda like it so far. It's a little dumb, but it's fun and compelling and they really did slip right back into the old Dexter feel without missing a beat. It's like night and day compared to some of the other years-later revivals like Arrested Development where they just can't quite capture what made the older seasons tick.

e: I also like Ghost Deb as a way of showing just how hosed up Dexter is underneath the surface -- schizophrenia (schizophrenia?) seems a lot more scary when you're hallucinating about a loved one raging and screaming at you instead of a nice calm old man to talk to.

I wasn't expecting murder of the week, but the pacing just seemed slow.

Could've used a subplot about the annoying boy scout deputy :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Is this bad enough to be worth watching yet or does it bring back the sweet hate watch feelings after all these years?

Honestly, no. It's not good, but it's not bad enough to laugh at while watching. Well, maybe a little. It's just barely competent enough and kinda boring.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Audrey is gonna get captured by Clancy Brown and then Harrison will go save her and murder him and then Dexter will have to tearfully murder him(and also Audrey NO WITNESSES)

Season ends with him on a fishing boat in Nova Scotia or some poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghost Deb is awesome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

So what do we think is up with Clancy Brown thinking, or claiming to think, that his son's still alive

I hope it turns out he is still alive. Why? How? gently caress you!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

i did let out a sensible chuckle at deb's little foot pop during the wood chipper fantasy

https://i.imgur.com/QScCa1z.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Saying Chad is alive and fine would just bring up the question of "ok, where is he? He killed that white buck, he committed a crime." I don't think "I don't care if he committed crimes, he's alive, get over it" is going to cut it.

But on the other hand, he's rich and white. Also the penalty is just a couple thousand dollar fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's gonna be the simplest explanation: he was drunk

Dexter!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if they will try to fakeout Clancy Brown being a serial killer too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/PRIsKAn.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

itry posted:

Could you include the couple of seconds with MCH too?

https://i.imgur.com/QjWNFmA.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/txLXdP4.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Harrison's dark passenger is a very poorly 3d animated talking straight razor.

Voiced by Lithgow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harrison on :catdrugs:

Oh poo poo, surprise cameo.

:rip: Chloe. You were probably the smartest character on the show so you had to go.

I wonder if they will wrap up this Clancy Brown serial killer poo poo by mid season. I'm assuming he will try to kill Harrison to make up for Chloe and then he or Dexter will kill Clancy Brown.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

IMDB episode 7 summary: An old colleague from Miami Metro is in Iron Lake, spelling trouble for Jim. Harrison unleashes his own dark passenger to protect them both.

I hope that it's Quinn

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

lundy was killed by trinity's secret daughter who was sleeping with quinn and then shot herself. this happened in the season that's the consensus favorite among fans because they forgot all the scenes john lithgow wasn't in

I am glad someone else is speaking the truth. S4 was extremely dumb outside of Trinity. S2 best. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well I'm glad they didn't drag out that Dexter Morgan reveal out. "Are you gonna keep my secret?" :v:

Man, if only the therapist was Doakes with glasses. No one mentions it when the therapist starts calling him a creepy motherfucker.

lol the relationship scene with the deputy.

e: Harrison is 100% going to have to pick between his 2 serial killer dads in the season finale, isn't he?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 12, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

God Hole posted:

different, unrelated serial killer

The bartender lady!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Or Clancy Brown knows about an easier, safer way into the mine. Probably a couple dozen meters from the side of the road too. Dude has an efficient body disposal operation going after all these years.

T.C. posted:

Wait, no. Everyone in the town, except for the police chief, is a murderer that faked their deaths and came to live in Iron Creek.

:aaaaa:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I figured it out: the serial killer is actually Kurt's twin brother. This theory is flawless and has no holes at all. I will not be taking questions at this time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"It's looking more and more like Deb's right. Imma have to kill him."

Was that Lithgow footage new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

codo27 posted:

P cool how Angela just threw the whole fact of the gutted cabin right out the window and bought Kurt's story at least somewhat.

She is a terrible police officer.