Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

prepuce repurposed posted:

honeymoon: chumbawamba

divorce: hoobastank :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

divorce: hoobastank :(

puppy love: bawitdabadabangdadangdiggydiggydiggy

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

lmbo

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

"pingas" is a word you use in magpie nesting season, it's short for "swooping as usual"

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Fun fact: I can get nangs delivered to my house 24/7 for a reasonable fee

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Nangs straight to my door in less than an hour? Sign me up!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

mmmmm...nangs :dudsmile:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Manifisto

Drink-Mix Man posted:

"OK boomer" = what you say to ypur boomerang when it's done a good job

google THIS posted:

Rendering a zeppelin in marker: "Throwing a blimp on the sharpie"

Chewbecca posted:

Nangs straight to my door in less than an hour? Sign me up!

when they do it in 20 or less=a cheeky nangs

Areola Grande

idk what a cream charger is but my gf says I need one

Manifisto

it is strayan for an aggro (aggressive) moomah (dairy cow)

Chewbecca

they are very bad for you and you should use them only for their intended purpose imo

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I legit had not the slightest loving idea what you guys were talking about until this link

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

winey-poppa'- Corksrew

Cheesey stringers- String cheese

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Finger Prince

Fair dinkum: an aesthetically pleasing penis

Areola Grande

they pronounce poison as P'zone™ but it's the same word

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Christoph

Finger Prince posted:

Gruff dinkum: a penis unworthy of admiration

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Walkabout: a roundabout or traffic circle, but for pedestrians.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

whippit? whippit good

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

'strewth mate, that sure is a fair dinkum!'

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

google THIS

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/australian-slang-phrases/index.html

I found this very helpful. It explains, for example, that a shrimp is a type of seafood and the same thing as a prawn. Also, it's a solid 25% rhyming slang and another 25% nearly universal English language idioms.

"Put a sock in it," you "bastards," as they say "down under."

google THIS fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 18, 2020

Stoner Sloth

google THIS posted:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/australian-slang-phrases/index.html

I found this very helpful. It explains, for example, that a shrimp is a type of seafood. Also, it's a solid 25% rhyming slang and another 25% nearly universal English language idioms.

"Put a sock in it," you "bastards," as they say "down under."

this bit from the article does make me laugh:

During the infamous 1932-33 Bodyline cricket series, English captain, Douglas Jardine, walked into the Australian dressing room to complain about being called a bastard. An Australian cricketer supposedly asked his team: "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Stoner Sloth posted:

During the infamous 1932-33 Bodyline cricket series, English captain, Douglas Jardine, walked into the Australian dressing room to complain about being called a bastard. An Australian cricketer supposedly asked his team: "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

also hope you all know that Australian's never use the word 'shrimp' normally, CNN apparently doesn't realize this, but we call 'em prawns and Paul Hogan only used the line cause otherwise they figured American's wouldn't understand

e: also it seems that quote isn't actually edit

Finger Prince

I was looking for a particular bar, so I asked a passer-by if he knew where it was. A very helpful Australian he turned out to be. "Two Right, mate!" he told me. Well, I walked a block, took the next right, walked another block, turned right again, and walked all the way down that street and didn't see the bar. I did happen upon a friendly New Zealander though, who rather unhelpfully suggested that instead of listening to the Australian gent, I should have taken a Lyft.

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

I was looking for a particular bar, so I asked a passer-by if he knew where it was. A very helpful Australian he turned out to be. "Two Right, mate!" he told me. Well, I walked a block, took the next right, walked another block, turned right again, and walked all the way down that street and didn't see the bar. I did happen upon a friendly New Zealander though, who rather unhelpfully suggested that instead of listening to the Australian gent, I should have taken a Lyft.

:perfect:

Chewbecca

Nangs in the wild!

Areola Grande

so ppl just walk around doing nangs?

Chewbecca

You mean you don't?!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

popped a nang an chucked a sickie roight in th guttah

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

You mean you don't?!

I wouldn't even know how! I imagine u push a button and suck? :confused:

Manifisto

have a squiz = drink some fresh orange juice

Stoner Sloth

don't come the raw prawn with me mate = please go cook yourself

Doctor Dogballs

"Chuffed" means hungry. "Chuffed to bits" means a little bit hungry but not much ("to bits" is actually "two bits," each "bit" being a very small amount. Thus to be fully "chuffed" you should be "chuffed a thousand bits")

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

google THIS

Stoner Sloth posted:

That does sound pretty authentic at that

google THIS

Most English dialects: Bastard

Australian English: Bastard, except more

Heather Papps

hello friend

in canada a two-four is a case of beer, but in australia it's the amount of steps you can take after a platypus sting

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

"Dungarees" = poops

I just laughed in real life

Doctor Dogballs

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I just laughed in real life

"Godspeed" means rain in Australian (short for "God has peed")

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Stoner Sloth

Doctor Dogballs posted:

"Godspeed" means rain in Australian (short for "God has peed")

every night Australian farmers go to bed praying for god to give them the miracle of a golden shower

Aussie battlers = hardworking folk responsible for keeping venomous bats away from cricket pitches. to qualify for this work you need to be small (in order to crawl through the tunnels when fighting bats on their home turf) so you'll often hear them referred to as little aussie battlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Aussie Butlers: Domestic servants imported from New Zealand