Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Craft Practicality

Show the forum above this one who's more stodgy and serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yeah I mean I definitely am typing it more than most people.

Really we are trying to tell the rest of the forums that we aren't just old houses and free plumbing advice. We are that, but there's alot more in here too. I recently pointed a goon in a different subforum to our knitting thread and they said 'I would never have thought to look for a knitting thread in DIY' and a lightbulb went off in my brain. I think there's plenty of crafty goons without a good home for their weird hobby and we would like to let them know that this subforum can be their home.

How about Hobbies and Houses? The houses part is well entrenched, and all of us sickos with horrible hovels already post here, so put hobbies first for awhile to try and build up the part that (could) have greater mass appeal?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

AI and CA have dedicated marketplace threads that seem to work decent, might make sense to model it after those.