Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cheryl, when is my meeting with the partners from Taiwan? I want to know if I have time for some day drinking. What? It's a lunch? Alright, I'll just do a bump of coke and I'll drink at the restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I don't even know what we do, just keep the debt and equity coming maaaaan. IRR. YES.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've never spoken an employee at this company outside of secretaries and the C-suite, and I have no idea what we do. My entire job revolves around writing inspirational screeds on LinkedIn about how I "made it" and how treating workers well benefits your bottom-line, then hitting on attractive women who comment on them. I am one of the Top 25 most highly paid CEOs in America and I have the emotional depth of a lima bean.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Look, I'm gonna be busy today. I'm picking up my third Bentley at 11, and then I need to go and work out the details of the interior of my new 450 ft megayacht.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fire 25% of my employees and make sure they are all the least performing ones

That should improve morale of the rest of the 75%

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hello, I bought 1 share of Amazon

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears
Hello everyone, I have some new policies.

1. I'm to be referred to as, Chief Big Bucks.
2. We are selling all assets in order to retool our manufacturers to produce anal beads.
3. ALL internal costs including payroll will now be paid in anal beads equivalent in monetary value.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Okay, tough times here but I need to lay off 10% of the workforce to free up some capital. Perfect, now I can use that money to buy more stock in my own company, since the news of the layoffs will drive investor confidence since we're cutting costs. Also, make sure we DO NOT give out any raises this year, I need that money. It sustains me.

I am a living monster clothed in a business suit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*jerks off under desk for the third time today; cleans up with $100 bills*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This is the 19th company that I have been made CEO of, after the last 18 were all bankrupted and dissolved (don't worry I got severance bonuses each time). I can't wait to destroy everyone's livelihoods when I inevitably bankrupt this company on my way to my next gig!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
It's just a hot dog cart, but I'm 6' 10"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol I should be in prison!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I should lose some weight!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have literally no idea what is involved in running a large business because the venn diagram of "goons" and "possesses the social skillset to get a job involving directing people" is two circles on opposite poles of the earth

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Man I really need to blow off some steam, I would call my usual guy but he hung himself in a cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in NYC.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i have literally no idea what is involved in running a large business because the venn diagram of "goons" and "possesses the social skillset to get a job involving directing people" is two circles on opposite poles of the earth

Well the first thing you need to do is shed all sense of morality or humanity. You're posting on a dead comedy webforum so you're already halfway there on the humanity front.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

idk, mark zuckerberg manages to run facebook and he seems pretty goony. but maybe he doesn't count because he's an alien lizard-robot

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Excuse me I micromanage a procedure without learning anything about why it's been done in the way it's been done for years. Whatever I think I know trumps the experience of the idiots who have been doing it for all of this time and I'm certain they'll be grateful for me changing things up.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Who What Now posted:

This is the 19th company that I have been made CEO of, after the last 18 were all bankrupted and dissolved (don't worry I got severance bonuses each time). I can't wait to destroy everyone's livelihoods when I inevitably bankrupt this company on my way to my next gig!

That has unironically happened in my last job. I don't know how people come to the conclusion that someone already bankrupted one of the biggest companies in its field is a perfect choice for running a company that is ten times bigger, it some serious :pysduck: thing.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

*overpays hundreds of millions of dollars for bullshit private health insurance plans because it indentures people to my company*
*invests billions in contract labor companies, fires all of his employees so they have to work for me through the contract company instead, saves a shitload of money in wages*
*has union organizers executed openly*
*fartz*

otoh, elon musk haha

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Well, you already seem to think you are better than everyone else around you for no discernible reason and your first thought was to speak with derision about them, so you definitely have upper management written all over you, boy-o

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

People think I give enormous sums of money to politicians for laxer labor laws and lower taxes but I don't.

I just want them to notice me and talk about how much I mean to them instead of these loving "small" business owners :(

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Yes we are based in the caymans, why do you ask?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
To pay of the acquisition loan we took out to buy this company, we'll be laying off half the staff and increasing margins on all products while nickel-and-diming all employee benefits.

*6 months pass*

Well this company is no longer profitable, so it will be Chapter 7-ing this whole company, and none of us are on the hook for the unpaid acquisition loan. The unemployment office is that way.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
look dude all this stuff we're doing... we're not EVIL, it's just to make MONEY! we're not villains, we just want to do villainous things because it will make us rich. it's not like i kick dogs. i have four beautiful golden retrievers. and when i'm done lovingly brushing their coats I go to work poisoning hundreds of thousands of indigenous people in the amazon with coal tailings

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
We have a FIDUCIARY responsibility to the SHAREHOLDERS. Now lets cut costs as much as we ethically legally can, and pay $0 in corporate taxes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Galewolf posted:

That has unironically happened in my last job. I don't know how people come to the conclusion that someone already bankrupted one of the biggest companies in its field is a perfect choice for running a company that is ten times bigger, it some serious :pysduck: thing.

The goal isn't to run the company well, it's to maximize value to investors. You can make a lot of money for very specific people while running a company face first into the earth's core.

For example, Bain Capital bought out Toys R Us--which was turning a profit at the time--using a loan secured using the acquired company's assets as collateral, then hired themselves as consultants to pay themselves outrageos fees while gutting operations to pay back the loan.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The goal isn't to run the company well, it's to maximize value to investors. You can make a lot of money for very specific people while running a company face first into the earth's core.

For example, Bain Capital bought out Toys R Us--which was turning a profit at the time--using a loan secured using the acquired company's assets as collateral, then hired themselves as consultants to pay themselves outrageos fees while gutting operations to pay back the loan.

Yeah, clearly he was efficient in keeping the shareholders happy which explains how he managed to get away and rode into sunset, and by sunset I mean another company to run into the ground I guess.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Hmm, my company owns all of its office and retail properties outright. That's good, I guess but what if... we sold them all off and then rented them back from the people that we sold them to instead? Sure, the company would be landed with a huge new monthly expense but think of how much cash we could distribute to the shareholders!

Yes, big companies actually do this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Galewolf posted:

Yeah, clearly he was efficient in keeping the shareholders happy which explains how he managed to get away and rode into sunset, and by sunset I mean another company to run into the ground I guess.

It is insanely funny that the wealthy are the only peopel that know and practice the immense power of class solidarity lmao

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Me, yelling at my live in maid because I can't find my sandals so I can have a beachside walk with my VP where we discuss the best way to destroy documents pertaining to the Congalese strip mine one of our shell companies owns the debt for:

"Lucita! I said KEEP THEM NEAR THE DOOR! NEAR THE loving DOOR!"

Unaware that my elevated heart rate is shaving weeks off my life, bringing my inevitable heart attack that much closer, I lean into my rage with the backhanded racism my father taught me between coke lunches he dragged me to when he ran the company:

"SO hard to find good help. I should loving deport her..."

Eventually Laura (I always forget she's not Mexican) finds my sandals, and my VP and I talk for 3.5 minutes in coded vagaries about "getting a handle" on things, and how to "downsize documentation." We both agree that someone else will take the fall for this, and he will hire that person ASAP. We will bill this meeting to the company as a Senior Management Retreat, which will pay for my daughter's second thoroughbred's stable fees.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
"How loathsome. Those peasants are constructing an abstract art installation on my lawn."

*molotov cocktail crashes through window and sets fire to my priceless ancient Persian rugs*

"Why does it have a sharp blade as a moving part? Do they even have a permit for that?"

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Hello employees. Today we're going to kick off our corporate charity drive. Everyone do your part to pitch in and beat last year's record fundraising!

Don't forget, I'll match your contributions to this worthy cause dollar for dollar!

Now let us begin our month long browbeating trying to convince you all to pitch in when you're barely breaking even and then I'll throw in what amounts to a rounding error on my yearly profits, claim it as a tax deduction, and appear in every newspaper in the nation as some sort of philanthropist!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sir the workers are at their breaking point.

Let them eat pizza.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

There's a pandemic on - let them work from home but can you make sure there are convoluted conditions that make sure they can't actually work from home.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
im going to higher a new ceo and give him the incentive to rob me blind and leave my company in ruins and escape with a golden parachute im providing him in this contract. i trust he wont gently caress me over. my name is mr sears

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hi guys just hopping on LinkedIN where I have 30k followers to post about the global Marxist plot to destroy the west, how COVID is a sham, and how the jury is still out on Climate Change. Nobody will dare engage or challenge me on this because I pay 100,000 salaries! Have a great day!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I lean back in my chair and put my feet up on the table. Then I smile at the two congressmen sitting across from me.

"You know that law about how I can't pay people in company scrip that they can only spend in stores I own? I think that law really stifles the economy. It also stifles your personal ability to have more boats."

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I’ve got some money in index funds, so you could say I own them all. :smug:

Actually it’s more like having chips on every square at the roulette table except double zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I own a business.
I am 420 lbs.
I am a large business owner.