Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

50 grams for like six bucks or in freedom units over 50 bucks a pound.

This sorta stuff always looks tempting in the snack aisle at Costco but when I consider the by weight cost it’s always a hard pass.

I mean first off, they're like $3.29 a pack and second off it's a specialty food and I don't care because I'm not going to make these things myself and I don't mind paying a premium to have someone do all the prep, food storage, cooking, and cleanup for a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

then why pay extra money? are grapes not sweet enough already? i didn't get the cotton candy grapes and i don't get these either

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Plain nonfat greek yogurt

Constantly

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm like a baby that nurses sour thick milk

Mmmmmm I'll put anything in it from nuts to chicken

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:barf:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MakaVillian posted:

Sweet Sapphire grapes.

Things are crazy looking

i was at a korean market a few weeks ago and they had MASSIVE grapes. like i stopped and looked. i shoulda bought a bag.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

AHH F/UGH posted:

I mean first off, they're like $3.29 a pack and second off it's a specialty food and I don't care because I'm not going to make these things myself and I don't mind paying a premium to have someone do all the prep, food storage, cooking, and cleanup for a price.

I was joking a bit but 30 bucks a pound aint much of an improvement considering what I could buy by weight instead.

I mostly get why stuff like that is expensive (you're not paying for water weight so you take an expensive product and dry it out, it becomes very expensive, ie jerky) but the cheese stuff along these lines are like 2x even the price of jerky which is already hard to justify over just enjoying some steaks. At that price point you could enjoy some very high quality meat/fish/etc.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP right now these https://hardbitechips.com/products/jalapeno/

It’s a local chip company and they make some amazing chips a lot of them vegan

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Spinz posted:

Plain nonfat greek yogurt

Constantly

One of the best things I've learned from binging Food Network content is using greek yogurt as a substitute for mayo in recipes

It doesn't always work but man when it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I was joking a bit but 30 bucks a pound aint much of an improvement considering what I could buy by weight instead.

I mostly get why stuff like that is expensive (you're not paying for water weight so you take an expensive product and dry it out, it becomes very expensive, ie jerky) but the cheese stuff along these lines are like 2x even the price of jerky which is already hard to justify over just enjoying some steaks. At that price point you could enjoy some very high quality meat/fish/etc.

Sometimes you just want a potato chip facsimile without the carbs