Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

50 grams for like six bucks or in freedom units over 50 bucks a pound.

This sorta stuff always looks tempting in the snack aisle at Costco but when I consider the by weight cost it’s always a hard pass.

I mean first off, they're like $3.29 a pack and second off it's a specialty food and I don't care because I'm not going to make these things myself and I don't mind paying a premium to have someone do all the prep, food storage, cooking, and cleanup for a price.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I was joking a bit but 30 bucks a pound aint much of an improvement considering what I could buy by weight instead.

I mostly get why stuff like that is expensive (you're not paying for water weight so you take an expensive product and dry it out, it becomes very expensive, ie jerky) but the cheese stuff along these lines are like 2x even the price of jerky which is already hard to justify over just enjoying some steaks. At that price point you could enjoy some very high quality meat/fish/etc.

Sometimes you just want a potato chip facsimile without the carbs