Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Really listless performance by TKZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Brian ortega is a fuckin problem

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

The Automator posted:

Is Ortega a dragonball z character? He took a beating of a lifetime and came back twice as strong and good

blue footed boobie posted:

I was thinking about this and he took two years off, which is probably the right thing to do when that happens.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Not fair that Ortega took 2 years off to transform to Perfect Form Ortega

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That was really impressive

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
TKZ didn't commit to anything, he just kepot throwing the same three strike combo and then step back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man that's a shame. Hell of a performance by Ortega but goddamn I wanted TKZ to win that. I don't think he won a single round :smith:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Did Dan Hardy just describe Ortega's jab as the best in the vision? It's not even top five.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good fight that just was sad :(

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Well gently caress it all to hell

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

Brian ortega is a fuckin problem

It was cool when everyone pretended this before he fought Holloway and it'll be twice as cool when it happens again, probably.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I was thinking about this and he took two years off, which is probably the right thing to do when that happens.

Oh for sure. He looked fantastic tonight much to my disappointment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TKZ is a loving class act.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Like I said working the shaft.

That was poo poo gently caress ortega. He's got nothing for volk

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shirkelton posted:

Did Dan Hardy just describe Ortega's jab as the best in the vision? It's not even top five.

It was pretty effective in this fight against a fighter who is known for eating damage and advancing.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

gently caress
TKZ is a soldier tho, fasho

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fights where one dude fights like they have infinite rounds are always depressing

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Let’s all go to the boxing thread

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I guess Zombie was hosed after round 2. He was winning that one I think and then whack. Brain hosed but not enough to go out.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

hot drat ortega is good

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was a really depressing combination of Ortega having vastly improved his striking since last time and Zombie having what seemed like a huge off night.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JIMMY CRUTE HAS A NAZI TATTOO BUT HE WON WITH A COOL KO
MY GIRL JESSICA ANDRADE IS STILL AWESOME
KOREAN ZOMBIE VERY HANDSOME AND BRAVE

:suicide:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Southpaugh posted:

Man I don't like the dude either but saying than was anything other than a loving beatdown is straight kidding yourself

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Ortega looked good but I think he looked better then he really is since TKZ clearly looked off.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

These grapes, they're sour

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shirkelton posted:

It was cool when everyone pretended this before he fought Holloway and it'll be twice as cool when it happens again, probably.

Lets remember the good times

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Goofballs posted:

I guess Zombie was hosed after round 2. He was winning that one I think and then whack. Brain hosed but not enough to go out.

He always starts slow, but I think some of the big counters made him more gunshy.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

shizen posted:

Ortega looked good but I think he looked better then he really is since TKZ clearly looked off.

He didn’t want to lead all night, his boxing was poo poo for someone who’s usually a fairly good boxer.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man I don't like the dude either but saying than was anything other than a loving beatdown is straight kidding yourself

I can argue with the commentators if I want to. They pushed a no stop gushfest about ortega tonight and they do it nonstop with "marketable" fighters.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

I can argue with the commentators if I want to. They pushed a no stop gushfest about ortega tonight and they do it nonstop with "marketable" fighters.

I mean he was winning the entire fight also but you do you

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shizen posted:

Agreed but I think TKZ was afraid of Ortega’s grappling, which kind of changes everything,

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

shizen posted:

I think he looked off from the two ko-level shots he ate :shrug:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao tiki ghosen

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Let’s all go to the boxing thread

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Automator posted:

I mean he was winning the entire fight also but you do you

Genuinely beside the point.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I won the bet but I feel empty inside

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Southpaugh posted:

Yea sure I guess but it seems kinda dumb to do it about such a one-sided fight, what the gently caress were they meant to say?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

what? ortega dominated all 5 rounds. im a giant tkz fanboy, but ortega deserved all the knob slobbing tonight

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good commentary would have been to poo poo on the fighter I personally dislike

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think that elbow towards the end of round 2 was what did it for TKZ. He looked better in that round, then the next 3 he just basically did the same thing he did in round 1 and even in the last 20 seconds showed no urgency or willingness to step anything up. It was a real off night for him, I hope he wasn't concussed and it was just a bad night.

None of that is to take away from Ortega who looked really loving great all 5 rounds tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ortega looked more or less like he always does. No mean feat after two years off, mind.