Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Greeting tech support friends,

I've had an issue that has followed me from my last Mac (Mac mini) to my current Mac (MacBook Pro 13 inch.) This makes me inclined to think something in my settings is hosed, but I haven't figured it out after months of digging. To the template!!!

Problem description: I use the iOS mail program for my Gmail account. I've used it for decades. If I keep the window closed, it will randomly pop back up, covering anything I'm working on. I have to keep in minimized in my dock, as closing the window means it will inevitably pop back up later. I had the problem on my last Mac. When I got my new Mac about nine months ago, the problem persisted. Closing the program works, but then I don't see when I get emails.

Attempted fixes: My OS is always up to date. I've scoured the internet for advice, but cannot find a solution. I've gone over my settings while reading guides I've googled and cannot find anything that should be causing the problem. The only fix is keeping the window minimized in my dock.

Recent changes: I have not messed with my settings in months, essentially being defeated by this weird issue.

Operating system: MacOS X - Catalina

System specs:

1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB
Model Number - A2159

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU