Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
there was a dude living in the park across from my house. i tried making contact a few times but he never reciprocated. i did find an aid group to get him supplies and it looked like he had finally cleared out when he broke into an unused part of my in-law's apartment and made off with a handful of old coins. i knew it was him because i saw him escape out the back door while i was jacking off out the window. not really sure anything icould have done would have helped him more, but i'm open to strategies if anyone has tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Solvent posted:

Phiz called it if I read into his post right anyways. Dudes gone, this is about you.

i'm just saying, it's real tough to help folks in this situation because they aren't often aware of every issue that compels them to make the decisions they make. As an addict, i can speak from experience, but there's a huge frustration-shame-avoidance cycle which really pushes you from just one desperate act to another. "Getting someone help on their terms" and "ennabling their self destruction" can look exactly alike, but trying to force someone into a recovery plan they don't agree with isn't likely to get better results.
Video Nasty, i think you tried your best to do right by someone who wasn't in a position to help themselves. you have gone beyond what probably 80% of self-professed "anti-homeless advocates" have done themselves. please take this as a learning experience and keep doing good in the world. <3