Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I got a vizio e65-c3 tv that the backlights are going out and I want to try replacing them myself because I don't have enough frustration in my life at the moment.

Is there a good site to get the strips other than ebay? The first hit on google ShopJimmy is out of stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Didn't even think of looking on amazon. Thanks.

Those are for an e60 so I don't think they'll be enough to fill the screen but I'll ask the dealer if it'll work.

They have a set for an e65 but in the product note it says the e65-c3 uses one of two different sets of strips so I'll have to take it apart first to see which I need.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

A few quick questions. My oven won't heat up. I checked the element and it looks fine and so do the wires but there's a little scorch mark around a relay on the circuit board.

I looked up the board and it's $150-200 and the relay is obsolete but there's a bunch of knock offs on Amazon for $8-10.

Is there a way to test to see if its just the relay or the whole board that is broken?

And is buying a relay off Amazon to fix it a good idea?

Edit: Also everything else works. The oven function works too it just won't send power to the element.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 2, 2022

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Guyver posted:

A few quick questions. My oven won't heat up. I checked the element and it looks fine and so do the wires but there's a little scorch mark around a relay on the circuit board.

I looked up the board and it's $150-200 and the relay is obsolete but there's a bunch of knock offs on Amazon for $8-10.

Is there a way to test to see if its just the relay or the whole board that is broken?

And is buying a relay off Amazon to fix it a good idea?

Edit: Also everything else works. The oven function works too it just won't send power to the element.

Replaced the relay with one off eBay and the oven works again.

There was a big crator around one pin where the power in wire connects but I just filled it in with solder and it works.

Just cooked a frozen pizza.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Ants need water to live.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Our interior walls are 90-year-old redwood. Driving screws in them is a pain in the butt. Even after I drive pilot holes, it's hard to get the screw to drive. I have heard that masonry screws might work better; do you folks have any thoughts?

Rake the screw across a bar of soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I've had the Minutekey at walmart make tons of keys for home and work and they've always been fine.

I however have had keys made at a local hardware store for locks at a work yard where the guy at the grinder used the wrong blank.

We didn't find out till someone went to the yard to pick up some pile and couldn't get in.