Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Looking for a thread about your hobby and want to ask if there is one? Want to start a new hobby thread but don't know if there's interest? Have quick questions about other people's hobbies that aren't worth making an entire thread? Want to chat about hobbies in general? This thread is for you.

corgski fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

More hobby threads to come as I have time to index them.

corgski fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 18, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Highlights!

Coming soon

corgski fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 18, 2020

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Hoagiefest is here again

If this is the thread to get some hobby help, then please for the love of god help me.

I currently have like, 4-6 semi-ongoing projects scattered throughout my apartment and I have run out of ideas of how to centralize them and store them. I've got some bins full of yarn, some Ikea crates of poorly organized fabric, two different sewing kits because I keep forgetting I already own various tools, a half-restored table loom, some minis primed and ready for painting, and who the gently caress knows what else. For goons who dabble in a lot of different crafts/DIY arts how do you keep all your poo poo organized?? Anyone have any good tips for getting stuff sorted out when your projects can vary in size and scope?

Also, are there any goons out there into weaving?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 28, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Bingo Bango posted:

Also, are there any goons out there into weaving?
I do not weave myself but I recently got excited about making myself a loom for some dumb reason and would love to learn and know more about weaving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

For organization I sucked it up and bought a ton of matching plastic shoeboxes and tubs so theyíd stack neatly and just started sorting things out and putting labels on them. (Having a good label maker is a godsend.) Having a giant stack of tubs in the corner of my office isnít the best but itís better than having everything scattered in mismatched containers all over the place.

Right now I have four of those Home Depot yellow lidded tubs full of (to be) refurbished cameras/spare parts/etc, a 32 quart bin of old clothing and scraps to recycle into other projects, a 16 quart bin of current sewing projects, and way too many 32 and 16qt bins of old retrocomputing bits and Iím still not done.

E: oh god that just reminded me I have another Home Depot tub full of a lifetime supply of muslin in my shed too. If I ever need to build flats again I guess itís nice to have?

corgski fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 22, 2020