Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is there a generic "housing repairs" thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Is there a generic "housing repairs" thread?

Take your pick:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774735

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770037

The Amethyst Witch
Nov 2, 2021
I am too short brained, but my hobbies consist of posting on various subreddits, trying to relax, cute autistic girls in glasses and feline communication. And stay so hydrated that I am pissing every 3 seconds...

Sent from my iToilet

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I added this really awesome Ceramics thread to the OP. Posting about it here because I know some people are bookmark browsers and might not otherwise find it!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984832

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Is there an adult coloring thread anywhere? I may start one if not. I don't do it terribly often these days but I rather enjoy the gently caress out of it when I do.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

D34THROW posted:

Is there an adult coloring thread anywhere? I may start one if not. I don't do it terribly often these days but I rather enjoy the gently caress out of it when I do.

Please link if you do set one up cuz I’d be interested in it too!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Are there any threads for toy collecting? I've recently become interested in the world of "3rd party" toys. They're things like Transformers, Voltron, etc. made by 3rd party companies in China but they're much larger and with a ton more detail than the originals (they're also priced accordingly).

There are other websites for this stuff but I was wondering if there were any threads here.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is there a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) thread anywhere?

Got no search but Google and that just takes me to various UFC threads. There's a martial arts megathread in ask/tell but to be honest, I was mainly looking for a nice informational OP.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
is there a thread for resin art? I don't want to post if we have a thread going already.

edit: NM, found it!

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
Any info on silicone casting? I need info and product recommendations

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Woodcarving and whittling? Or is that covered by the woodworking thread?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Woodcarving and whittling? Or is that covered by the woodworking thread?

Yeah some people in the woodworking thread do both, but feel free to make a specifically whittling/carving thread if you want!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Is there a thread for Pokémon TCG or other TCGs?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Is there a thread for Pokémon TCG or other TCGs?

It's small and slow moving but the pokemon tcg thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963503&pagenumber=9&perpage=40

I assume there's a mtg thread someplace as well, maybe trad games?

Edit: Yeah there's threads for all the big three in Traditional Games, plus an extra for mtg commander.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 6, 2022

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
I don't really know where to post this, can anyone direct me to a thread?

I want to do some basic logging off little sensors (specifically I want temperature off a thermocouple or two right now). From what I've seen online people usually use raspberries + python for this right now, do we have a thread for playing around with those? Need advice on what to buy and libraries to run and such

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's a Raspberry Pi thread over in SH/SC that's probably going to be helpful.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Is there a generic holiday decorations thread? I feel like there should be.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do we have a thread on diamond painting, and if not, do we need one? I need a place I can talk about diamond painting without dying from laughing at people in the hobby who insist on calling it DP without thinking about what else that stands for.

"I got my kids into DP and we spent all afternoon doing DP!" Is one I actually saw online.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Randalor posted:

Do we have a thread on diamond painting, and if not, do we need one? I need a place I can talk about diamond painting without dying from laughing at people in the hobby who insist on calling it DP without thinking about what else that stands for.

"I got my kids into DP and we spent all afternoon doing DP!" Is one I actually saw online.

I don't know what diamond painting is, but perhaps if someone told me about diamond painting, perhaps through the medium of a thread, I would become interested in diamond painting.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

This is probably in another thread hiding somewhere but I’m interested in getting into woodblock printing. Would love to get some recommendations on starter tools and such.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Russian Bear posted:

This is probably in another thread hiding somewhere but I’m interested in getting into woodblock printing. Would love to get some recommendations on starter tools and such.

That sounds like a great question to start a thread with!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Russian Bear posted:

I know at least one person in the Woodworking thread does block printing. There might be thread in The Creative Convention too, they are kind of theoretically the arts forum I think

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Thank you both!

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Is there a thread that's popular with people who build things out of aluminum T-slot extrusion? I have a project I'm designing and would love to talk to someone who knows what they're doing with the stuff.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is there a hobby thread for collecting Transformers? I wanna see if I can find all of the robots from that old Beast Wars tv show and have them fight in a giant Battle Royale diorama fight but the Transmetals onwards from season 2 to 3 are an expensive nightmare to locate, was hoping maybe some seasoned vets could give tips on how to find some of these dudes on the cheaper side of things 🤔

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks for helping me find the gardening thread, op

Edit: i take it back it was not the gardening thread it was the succulent thread. I should have read the op before posting like an idiot.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 17, 2023

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Real hurthling! posted:

Thanks for helping me find the gardening thread, op

Edit: i take it back it was not the gardening thread it was the succulent thread. I should have read the op before posting like an idiot.

The horticulture thread encompasses many things and the exact distinction between it and the gardening thread is pretty murky. Gardening thread is a little more vegetable gardening, horticulture thread is a little more ornamentals but there is plenty of overlap.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Is there a thread to complain about crosswords? Or word games in general? There's a Wordle GBS thread but it is not exactly filled with riveting conversation. I just want someone to know that I hated the "Academic umbrella" answer in the NYT this morning

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Traditional games?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=234

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

I didn't see a thread there, but I did find a related thread in PYF. If I wanted something specific I'd probably have to make my own thread, and I agree that traditional games would probably be the place. Thanks!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What thread do I go to for questions about large outdoor storage sheds (100 sq ft or bigger)?

Specifically buying one and hiring someone to build it?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I picked up Stained Glass as a hobby this last christmas and have been enjoying it. I did a forums search and couldn't find a thread on it... would there be interest in one?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I picked up Stained Glass as a hobby this last christmas and have been enjoying it. I did a forums search and couldn't find a thread on it... would there be interest in one?

Absolutely

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Is there a general rock collecting thread? I decided to start sorting through my childhood collection which is a poorly labeled mishmash of rocks and I'm having trouble trying to ID poo poo with google alone and could use some help or some suggested resources to straighten this mess up and cull the garbage examples. I know there is the gems, jewelry, lapidary megathread and another lapidary thread, but it didn't seem the right place to post about raw and likely not jewelry grade specimens of random stuff.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Defiantly do it. :)

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Turbinosamente posted:

Is there a general rock collecting thread? I decided to start sorting through my childhood collection which is a poorly labeled mishmash of rocks and I'm having trouble trying to ID poo poo with google alone and could use some help or some suggested resources to straighten this mess up and cull the garbage examples. I know there is the gems, jewelry, lapidary megathread and another lapidary thread, but it didn't seem the right place to post about raw and likely not jewelry grade specimens of random stuff.
Here is one in TGO:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935237

E: but if you want to post one about your rock collection here in HCH please feel free to make a thread!!

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Is there a thread to ask about where to buy good quality Halloween decorations that aren't flimsy plastic or will break down in 2 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Here is one in TGO:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935237

E: but if you want to post one about your rock collection here in HCH please feel free to make a thread!!

My collection isn't quite up to thread worthy material and I don't have any expertise to support a decent OP. But I'll try shitposting some ones I'm having trouble identifying in there, thanks!