Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Signed up, Doppelfings

I'm gonna play it safe this year and not send IED-shaped things while taunting customs on the declaration.

Also, thanks for the extra title, mod of mein Heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

Ah, so people really do give other people cars for Christmas, thanks for the new M3 you're sending me, Duzzy!

You're getting the refitted pre-series F46 I had to drive last week, partial camo still on, I'm so sorry to disappoint. :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Realtalk: That vehicle is so loving versatile, is perfectly comfortable in terms of handling, has stupid legroom for all passengers, offers the driver absolutely extraordinary situational awareness and has stowage space for loving days.
I just honest-to-god have no goddamn clue why anyone would pay BMW-bucks for a Honda Jazz.

But I digress...my package has entered outbound-customs, and the label still had the airmail/package avion designator, so I'm inwardly hoping that there's a chance it'll still be airmailed. :ohdear:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Moment of truth today, if my package goes from the export parcel center to Frankfurt, it's going by air. If it heads to Hamburg, welp.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress YUUUSSSSSSSSS

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm glad you liked it! The landjaeger and kabanosy are from a local butcher, the coffee from a local roaster where I buy mine. The shirt looks good, too, I might have to get one. Also, I'm reading a copy of Endurance, I read it decades ago and it's an amazing story of survival.

Man, if I could send meat to the US, I'd be maxing out the 5lbs limit of my package every single year :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Brute Squad, it arrived! FAT BEAR WEEK 2020!

For those not in the know, Fat Bear Week is a yearly contest where people vote for the (subjectively) fattest bear on the Brooks River in Alaska. The bears gorge massively on salmon during the summer to build up weight for hibernation, they nearly double their weight in 3 months or so. Bear 747, this year's winner, was estimated at ~1400 lbs last year.

Fat Bear Week - Katmai Conservancy
The before and after pictures are amazing

Fat bear Week - Explore
This is the site where voting took place - about 646000 votes were cast this year.

It's a fun time to check out the bears, I made a thread on Discord about it. Don't forget to check it out next September!

My goone, fat bear week was thoroughly covered in the CE thread. There was much appreciation of the thicc :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hey Geizkragen, your package tracking info still hasn't updated state-side, and seeing as the status usually updates the second it hits inbound customs, I'm afraid it won't make it in time for Christmas :(
I'll let you know when the status updates

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

stinkypete posted:

We sent out most of our gifts of well wishing this year since Covid kinda put a monkey wrench into in person gifting this year. USPS has had the longest lag but every box got delivered. DHL from Europe was the fastest to the US. Fedex has been speedy and UPS lags about a day behind. Ontrac was OK for amazon stuff.

Overall everything I ordered showed up so if anything has not showed up it is slowly in transit.

Stinky

My experience there is currently looking a bit different, 22 days in transit and still not surfaced on incoming customs side has got to be a record for me.

But I just remembered that sextoy-chili-goatse last year cleared customs on the very same day that I complained about it probably never clearing customs, so...

*clears throat*

Boy howdy, sho looks like this'un ain't gonna make it 'fo New Year's.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I love you all sometimes

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio, you made my goddamn day, and kept this NYE from ending on a very unspectacular and sad note.

A manly soap, a dope coffee mug that actually holds the correct amount of fluid for a double (as opposed to any of the previous mugs I've owned), AND A loving POOP KNIFE.
Finally, I won't have to lie when the federal police show up at my door routinely to check whether my household is "properly equipped".

What amplified how much fun this was for me was the following:
I was on Skype with the first of my three favorite Koreans as the doorbell rang and the package got delivered, so I did a ~~live unboxing~~, very much to the amusement and confusion of my friend whom I tried to explain "what a poop knife is" to.

The situation repeated itself when the rest of my Koreans joined in and I got to "explain" it again after the first one said "at least it's better than cutting poop" the very second the third one joined without any context and greeted us while the second one was still trying to figure out what the gently caress.

Hilarity ensued and my Secret Satan gift ended up being a recurring reference for the rest of the call.
One of my Koreans retained the complete inability of wrapping her head around "the mechanics of a poop knife" for the entirety of the two hour call, and having wine and Soju did not develop her reasoning skills at all.

But hold on...what's this?

Do you want to tell me what these are, or should I just plant the fuckers and see what happens?

Bonus pic of my mother asking what the gently caress a poop knife is and why some random yank is sending me ~drugs~ strapped to the back of a block of soap.

In any case, thank you so much for this, you brought a genuine loving smile to my face and an hour of constant loving laughter in this lovely timeline of ours.

/edit:
I just called my parents before the New Year, and me and my old man - knowing what the gently caress was up - just spent 15 minutes gaslighting my mom into losing her grip on reality over the supposed cultural acceptance of the poop knife, that apparently evaded her for 78 years, before she finally caught on.
Good times were had by all.

Good.

loving.

Times.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 31, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

:lol:

There was supposed to be a note but I managed to leave it on the printer for several days after shipping. The seeds are, allegedly, for Trinidad Chocolate 7 Pot Douglah peppers. I don't know poo poo about peppers but you've already planted the hot ones I'd heard of. A couple of the reviews suggested the quality control might not be the best at making sure the right type seeds are in the right packet, so good luck.

Despite the mere numbers saying I've been growing more potent peppers by SHU, I'm quite glad you pulled out all the stops and went for the strain of peppers that is considered the most painful on the planet. I'm softening up 5 of the seeds and planting them tomorrow.
I'll keep at least one of them and I'll hand off the rest to willing colleagues and the BMW-chili-forum, so congrats on inconveniencing a bunch of deutschbags by surprise around May of 2021.

:yaycloud:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

I look forward to those updates. Hopefully they grow.

Partly double-planted 8 seeds today in my peat pods, I'd be surprised if I bring fewer than 4 of them to full growth. :)

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 1, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Quick, someone run to the PYF forums drama thread and tell that weird guy from 2019s prank that GiP goons irradiated each other, so we keep the chain going :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

@Geizkragen: Package still shows as not having been posted by inbound customs, sorry for the delay, German logistics under Corona seem extraordinarily hosed according to a bunch of googling around and looking at support requests/comments on the DHL page.
On Thursday, it'll have been in transit for 30 days, so I'll be able to file an investigation request pro forma, but going by what I'm reading, I'm guessing it's not actually lost, just delayed as hell due to the holiday package load in addition to the previous Corona load.

:(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

@Geizkragen: Package still shows as not having been posted by inbound customs, sorry for the delay, German logistics under Corona seem extraordinarily hosed according to a bunch of googling around and looking at support requests/comments on the DHL page.
On Thursday, it'll have been in transit for 30 days, so I'll be able to file an investigation request pro forma, but going by what I'm reading, I'm guessing it's not actually lost, just delayed as hell due to the holiday package load in addition to the previous Corona load.

:(

Update:
Unless your tracking shows something else than I am seeing, the package is still in transit and hasn't entered inbound customs. Looks like due to Corona, I won't be able to file an inquiry until the package has been in transit for 42, not 30 days.

I'm starting to get worried that my package going to the airmail-dispocenter instead of Hamburg to go via ship may have been unintentional, and that Frankfurt was all "lol this wasn't supposed to go by plane, let's just have it sit here until it's routed to Hamburg for shipping".
Sorry about this lovely Corona shipping experience.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

:lol:

There was supposed to be a note but I managed to leave it on the printer for several days after shipping. The seeds are, allegedly, for Trinidad Chocolate 7 Pot Douglah peppers. I don't know poo poo about peppers but you've already planted the hot ones I'd heard of. A couple of the reviews suggested the quality control might not be the best at making sure the right type seeds are in the right packet, so good luck.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Partly double-planted 8 seeds today in my peat pods, I'd be surprised if I bring fewer than 4 of them to full growth. :)

Sad-update: Despite optimal conditions, none of the 8 seeds ended up showing life. I've been monitoring them and the conditions in my growhouse carefully after not even a single one was showing any initiative 9 days in (which is generally the time by which I expect the first planted seeds to sprout).
I'm gonna give the remaining seeds from the baggie a try in coconut-fiber pods (which usually aren't my pod of choice for chinensis-strains) and hope for the best. I've never had a spawning rate lower than 60% of planted seeds, so this would be a bit of a bummer.

But a partner-in-crime of mine at work with whom I talk chili pretty frequently raised an issue that may be the cause of the problem: Most (all?) of US domestic mail is irradiated post-9/11, right?
Because my buddy floated the idea that even if the package had an international destination, domestic SOP would still have applied, so the seeds could have gotten a healthy-dose of the death-rays. :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

@Geizkragen, now that 40 days have elapsed, I'll start the inquiry regarding the shipment, gonna PM you some deets since I need a "written confirmation of non-receipt by the addressee" (i.e. a casual email saying "lol, poo poo's not here) to hand in

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress my tables, that looks tasty

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Haven't received anything yet. Already working with Duzzy on where it went.

I've sent you the deets on the inquiry and added your email to the process, so you should get the same updates/results as I do.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the delay is due to a massive Covid backlog, but if it's not and it's trapped forever in shipping limbo, the package is insured for 50 bucks, so I'll use that to make it up to you if/once they pay out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

When I initiated my tracking inquiry with DHL, they said "this shipment actually was processed with Deutsche Post, so you need to file the inquiry with them", so I did.
It took Deutsche Post 5 days to process my request and come up with "turns out this is actually a DHL shipment, we have forwarded your inquiry to be processed by them".

It's loving February :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Well unfortunately the challenges of international shipping may have been too great to overcome this year with COVID as I still haven't received my mystery box.

However

I did, in lieu of a present, get the best email I've gotten in a very, very long time. Here, translated from the original German:

(No actual pictures of the cut bottle opener penis)

Thanks for the effort and amazingly funny email Duzzy.

Since I assume DHL have essentially written-off the possibility of actually tracing or recovering your package and are getting ready to refund the value (including - they loving better - the shipping cost), I'll shoot you a Steam voucher with the refund.
Or Amazon gift card, or whatever you can think of.

Thanks for doing this for yet another year, Doppelfings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Geizkragen posted:

Got a package today! Only took three months!

Great letter included in the package:

Spicy goods:

Fits in with the rest of the family:

Thanks for the hot sauces Duzzy. I had fun explaining this whole thing to my wife when she saw the bottle opener (geschnitten).

I was sitting in the waiting room of my orthopedist when I read your email this morning, and audibly went "Ach du Scheiße", to the confusing of the only other patient.
Happy it actually made it there, I had written it off after the actual-human-answer I got to my circumcision-support-email.

Just keep them in the fridge after opening, they all have a low PH, and I'm clinical as gently caress with my sterilization/bottling/pasteurization procedure, but as with all homemade food products: better to be on the safe side.
I'm told the Lemon Drop and Peaches 'n Scream ( (c) by EBB) go particularly well with seafood.

The latter is also a party-pleaser when you're feeding drunk-and-overconfident friends a tiny bit for tasting, because it's actually spicier than the one made with chocolate habanero and reapers. :)

/edit: Those are not stock images of chilis, by the way, those are the actual plants growing on / harvested from my balcony. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET