Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

JEB!

And what the hell, I'll throw in for an actual prediction and I'll go all in and say it's a Biden blowout with BLUE TEXAS

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Playing conservative with this.

Almost went with this exact map except ME-2 is red.

Chokes McGee posted:

I honestly don't see any world where biden loses Florida if he gets nc and Arizona but I'm also a goddamn idiot so

Florida is full of fuckery and shenanigans, especially given who's in power. Whereas the NC power struggle has been swaying towards Dems and they're fed up enough with the state GOP they feel likely to swing Blue. Cunningham having a big lead in the Senate race could carry it.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Alobar posted:

most people who are left wing are either sitting this one out or voting third party

its wild how much this line of thinking is orthodox here and I don’t know where you’re getting this from but I do sometimes get that sense that people here are confusing a sample size of CSPAM for the broader electorate. I know very very few people who consider themselves leftists who are sitting out the election and most of the ones who are live in safe blue states. the angle I see way more is that “yes Biden sucks but Trump is way worse so we need to vote.”

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

I'm curious about y'all who think Biden's gonna win but still lose Wisconsin this time around. I'd put Pennsylvania at more risk tbh.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Gonna be a rough, close Trump victory y'all

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

the only people I've met who, like me, are refusing to vote for Biden or Trump, are on twitter or cspam

I think cspam really underestimates how many "normies" are extremely sick of Trump and want him to go away no matter what

100%

People want off the loving ride. Biden represents normalcy. We misread this as an appetite for broad left-wing support, when really it's just that most people want things to go back to normal. You can't go home again, but Biden is the off ramp and this is why you're seeing such massive support from groups like seniors and other groups who are appalled by Trump's decorum, have been hosed over by the COVID response and generally just can't take the constant headache.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Also, believe it or not, most people genuinely like Joe Biden and think he's trustworthy and good.

I don't. But most people do.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Legit curious. Why does enthusiasm for Trump matter so heavily in these discussions, but negative partisanship and Democrat enthusiasm to oust Trump not matter? It seems both sides are very motivated.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Zeno-25 posted:

:hfive:

Seriously tho I'm gonna be watching NC closely on election night. If Biden is gonna win as big as the polls say (lol) it'll show up there first

:hai:

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

The fact that the electoral college even allows for a tie is absolutely insane.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Turtle Watch posted:

No love for this, the best map of all?

Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was clear enough.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Electoral College should add one more vote in order to prevent a tie (barring faithless electors) but mostly just to gently caress with Nate Silver.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

u all missed this, v shameful

Ah I was confused. I've found it's very hard to draw on the map this way and make much of anything legible.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Ok my final prediction. I think Georgia and Texas both veer blue in slim margins, Texas turnout and general trend towards the Dems over the years I think anti-Trump resentment and spiking COVID cases is what finally does it. Georgia flips for similar reasons. Arizona and North Carolina align with polling while Michigan and Wisconsin prove to be no problem for Biden. Iowa also flips while we're at it giving a nice little midwest blue field. However, Ohio cements itself as a Red State once and for all while fuckery and unpredictability in Pennsylvania leads to a surprise Trump win there. Florida, despite months of positive polling for Biden, cannot resist being Chud Land and falls to their knees in favor of Florida Elemental Donald J. Trump in a sub-100,000 vote margin. Biden also picks up NE-2 and for the hell of it let's say ME-2 as the cherry on top.

Biden holds every state Hillary won but Nevada is a little too close for comfort (though in the end not needed to win).

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Chamale posted:

I know it, you know, everybody knows it.

I figure the four states to watch early on election night are New Hampshire, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia - if Trump wins all four he's won the election, if he wins three it's going to be close, if Biden wins two of those he has probably won.

If Trump wins New Hampshire that's the canary in the coal mine. If Biden wins North Carolina that's very promising, if he wins that and Florida or Georgia it's probably game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

reignonyourparade posted:

If we go by number of EVs correctly guessed, I don't think there's anyone better than Glumslinger who appears to only have gotten NC wrong.

IF NC somehow flips, they'll have gotten it straight up correct.

Not quite, they also had Iowa for Biden. Still, one of the few considered submissions to get Georgia.