Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
relax

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i was saying the mods, the. its german

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
great posting everyone, really well done

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Having spent a long time away from the forums and coming back to post condolences for a games friend who passed away and considering being active again, I noticed a lot of 2 star threads in Games. The PS5/Xbox/switch/steam threads being 2 star seems par for the course but why is it that almost every popular game thread is 2 star? What’s going on? Are people just unable to talk about popular games without being insufferable?

can't believe I agree with Stux, but they said it best

Stux posted:

people here are too stupid to tlak about things [...] in a normal way.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

spartacus-rear end mfers lol

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Moola posted:

k legit question, am I the only one who thinks this weird trend of telling people to die *~but in a comedy way~* is not funny or cool?

this may be more of a QCS whinge but I've seen it happening a lot in Games specifically

no this is not about a weird perceived forums grudges. I barely remember what I ate for breakfast let alone usernames on a dead comedy site

Who, specifically, told who to die and in what context? If it's not about a forum grudge, I'm sure you can come up with lots of specific examples of this widespread posting phenomenon that bothers you so much. Link posts so we can figure out what you're talking about.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

concerned citizens of blizzwatch are at it again I see

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New Games Rule: Games Posters are not allowed to die.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Who, specifically, told who to die and in what context? If it's not about a forum grudge, I'm sure you can come up with lots of specific examples of this widespread posting phenomenon that bothers you so much. Link posts so we can figure out what you're talking about.

shut the gently caress up, bozo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mega64 posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

agh!!!!!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Trampoline posted:

can't believe I agree with Stux, but they said it best

Maybe there should be a rule to talk about things in a normal way

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thread is always going to struggle because in general goons care way more about talking about what they like or dislike about videogames than about actual abuse going on in the industry and the former will always overshadow the later once it gets started. And it will keep happening because goddamn it some losers just want to keep going into long discussions on why say Overwatch is a complete failure no matter the thread.

On the other hand the thread is worth keeping open imo and it was doing alright for a while. I'd say goons just need to be less weird and understand what thread they're posting in but that's never going to happen. I guess mods might just need to be more prompt in realising which way the thread is going because while people are pointing to the Diablo build discussion as when the thread died the beginning of all that was like a page or 2 earlier where people stopped talking about Blizz's business practices and began discussing how Overwatch lore was handled poorly. But I don't know how realistic that is since threads can move pretty fast once they get going.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the diablo build chat stopped right away when the IK asked people to stop talking about diablo builds

seems like the thread wasn't really a problem till it went all QCS, and that was mainly just a couple people being really annoying and petty for no real reason

much like what's happening right now in this thread

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i for one think there is a very big difference in posting groups and tone between someone telling someone else to die over something petty/tongue in cheek vs saying slurs at someone, on Something Awful Dot Com

if its unfunny or lame telling someone to Die should get like, a sixer tops
(overall the modding here seems p alright!!)

but yea i feel like its just a general issue with threads about serious stuff where people start trying to like, tack on extra petty things to Prove they were bad all along instead of talking about the actual Serious stuff

Mega64 posted:

thank yuo.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

bloodychill posted:

Are people just unable to talk about popular games without being insufferable?

Gamers are loving awful, hope that helps op.

No Dignity posted:

concerned citizens of blizzwatch are at it again I see

Lol. I wish rent irl was this free

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've had this thread bookmarked ever since the sagas thread closed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I'm not turning on cheats

Lazy Robot
Jan 18, 2001

yospos
I just wanted to post in the Games Industry thread about how my games industry job successfully voted to unionize today, but I guess some incomprehensible forums drama is cool, too.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lazy Robot posted:

I just wanted to post in the Games Industry thread about how my games industry job successfully voted to unionize today,

Hey, congratulations! that’s pretty cool

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lazy Robot posted:

I just wanted to post in the Games Industry thread about how my games industry job successfully voted to unionize today, but I guess some incomprehensible forums drama is cool, too.

congrats! hopefully the company actually sits down and recognizes and negotiates in good faith and doesn't string you along until it's microsofts problem

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lazy Robot posted:

hell yeah, congrats

Lazy Robot
Jan 18, 2001

yospos

Asema posted:

congrats! hopefully the company actually sits down and recognizes and negotiates in good faith and doesn't string you along until it's microsofts problem

They've been blasting us with propaganda for months about how "an initial contract can take more than a year", so I assume they plan on sandbagging us while toeing the legal line of "good faith".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lazy Robot posted:

Happy to hear it, excellent work.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kith posted:

Happy to hear it, excellent work.

that is very cool :stoked:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lazy Robot posted:

They've been blasting us with propaganda for months about how "an initial contract can take more than a year", so I assume they plan on sandbagging us while toeing the legal line of "good faith".

Yeah that's usually the play. The initial vote is the first hurdle but it's not the hardest one.

Cause of celebration though! Especially because this should be the first domino so there's going to be a lot of eyes on how this is handled.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I don't really care what happens to the industry dysfunction thread, but overall I'm not sure how useful of a thread it is in general, or what people want to get out of it. I guess if it's just a industry drama RSS feed, that makes sense, but I stopped participating in it aside from the occasional joke post because it's frankly a honeypot for people who know little about the complexities of the industry, don't want to hear about those complexities, and who are angry about whatever company and want to dunk on them and feel good for doing so. It's often a source of eye roll-inducing quotes that get passed around among other industry devs I interact with outside of SA.

It's just kind of a cruddy thread, not to mention a huge bummer, and I'm not sure it's worth all this drama because I really don't see it ever changing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Disargeria posted:

Idk if every derail needs to be like, litigated

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Honestly, industry stuff generally gets talked about in the monthly general chat thread which is a cool and chill and pleasant and very nice thread full of spectacular gamers. Having a thread solely dedicated to dissecting industry dysfunction is just going to end up in dysfunction. It's not a constructive premise. Any thread talking about industry news is going to need to go off-topic and/or cover something positive now and then to stay healthy.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know you can just not post in a thread if it doesn't interest you right?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a lot of push from a certain obvious group of people that get really weird when other people start talking about certain topics.

Like just don't go into the thread. Don't post! It's that simple. You can do anything you want with your time, getting weird about a topic you have no interest in isn't it friends

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
who are you talking about

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Asema posted:

There's a lot of push from a certain obvious group of people that get really weird when other people start talking about certain topics.

Like just don't go into the thread. Don't post! It's that simple. You can do anything you want with your time, getting weird about a topic you have no interest in isn't it friends
the subject matter of the thread is pretty serious and so people treating it like a chat thread for blizzard games or w/e sucks. idgaf about an 'obvious group of people' or whatever, i'm tired of legit complaints being dismissed as "these people are clearly not as progressive as I am"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it might just be me but if a thread needs a bunch of rules specific to it and a dedicated idiot king to keep it on topic then it might not be a good thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Not everything is a clique and it's probably a bad idea to use conspirational thinking as some kind of attack. I think people should probably not accuse members being in forum cliques without serious evidence like them yukking it up in a thread or whatever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm sorry that as a victim, that I want certain subjects to be treated with a little gravitas.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The 7th Guest posted:

the subject matter of the thread is pretty serious and so people treating it like a chat thread for blizzard games or w/e sucks. idgaf about an 'obvious group of people' or whatever, i'm tired of legit complaints being dismissed as "these people are clearly not as progressive as I am"

I went back and looked at the thread because this idiot drama got started from the usual suspects and the moment the IK said to chill out the topic stopped right before Stux came in like a wrecking ball for 7 consecutive poo poo posts nonstop making GBS threads up the thread.

The thread was fine. The posters in that thread that wanted to talk about the serious stuff self-policed and it was fine. All the drama around it was made by once again, the same people who pearl clutch anything they don't really agree with and instead of just not posting in the thread or ignoring it they run to this thread as if it's some sort of home base for telling to mommy and daddy that they think it's bad!

Like I don't post in the thread. I have no interest in a games centric approach so I stay out of it, but I saw that this thread had 50+ posts since the last time Stux got probated for something stupid and read up about it and it's the same posters, making the same arguments, over the same dumb bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i'm not sure what the argument is, they hate it when users discuss that topic so they attack the thread when it goes off topic???