Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the switch thread is full of people who don't share anything in common other than owning a switch so I don't think it's surprising there's a lot of arguing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Harrow posted:

Is the Switch thread usually at each others' throats or is it just E3's got everyone all riled up?

Every time I look in there literally everyone is being weirdly aggro so probably both.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Orv posted:

Every time I look in there literally everyone is being weirdly aggro so probably both.

This matches my experiences with the Switch thread. I don't think it needs to be nuked or anything but some posters in there could maybe be nudged to cool off a little.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
solution: Mode 7 for Switch Thread IK

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Actually, while we're on the topic: are there threads you all think might need a thread IK? Console threads? Any game threads that don't already (I know Destiny does)? There are some big, active threads that none of the mods seem to read on our own very often so maybe some thread IKs might help keep those running a little cooler.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It might not be a bad idea to assign an IK to the Steam thread. Most of the time they won't have anything to do, but every once in a while it needs attention.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

It might not be a bad idea to assign an IK to the Steam thread. Most of the time they won't have anything to do, but every once in a while it needs attention.

I've got to say, I was very impressed with how soundly, maturely, and thoroughly the thread's posters shut it down when one (1) poster came in with borderline you-know-this-is-gonna-get-chuddy poo poo. It would have been an endless tedious derail for pages and pages in any other forum, I swear. Proud of you guys. So yeah, it's not a bad idea to get an IK, but it's not strictly necessary either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Switch thread could use an IK. Especially after this past week.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'll try and manage it a bit more actively, but it seems like the worst arguments happen overnight for me, so I can't get to them until they're over.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Echoing the Switch thread complaints. It’s been much more hostile post-E3 and has been a chore to read with all the negativity in general.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Mega64 posted:

Echoing the Switch thread complaints. It’s been much more hostile post-E3 and has been a chore to read with all the negativity in general.

Agreeing as well, I'm at the point where I just skip posts unless I see news posted.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

We're going to look for a Switch thread IK for sure. Might be a good time for a thread reboot, too.

If you have nominations for a good IK--someone who's active in the Switch thread and has a level head and is a positive presence--feel free to PM them to any Games mod.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just to keep you updated, Mega64 is the ik of the Switch thread now.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mind stickying the Games Done Quick thread for a week?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh, I didn't know it was GDQ time! Yep, stickied.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
there have been studies showing the gap between gdqs feels shorter and shorter the older you get until eventually theres one a day then you die

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Do they still yell :imunfunny:ORB:imunfunny: every five seconds?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Workaday Wizard posted:

Do they still yell :imunfunny:ORB:imunfunny: every five seconds?

no because there's no crowd to yell, cause there's covid

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

You can't prove that we're not shouting it at home. We are all couch dancing person.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Harrow posted:

Actually, while we're on the topic: are there threads you all think might need a thread IK? Console threads? Any game threads that don't already (I know Destiny does)? There are some big, active threads that none of the mods seem to read on our own very often so maybe some thread IKs might help keep those running a little cooler.

#MeToo hits gaming: I just wanted to shoot poo poo." PLEASE. It keeps being overrun by people minimizing abusers.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Violen posted:

there have been studies showing the gap between gdqs feels shorter and shorter the older you get until eventually theres one a day then you die

CoronaTime

I honestly feel like GDQ just ended. All my days still blend together at this point

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's a big issue going on between Stux and the Stadia thread.

Namely, Stux isn't currently the IK of the Stadia thread, and this needs to be corrected.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think that would create a singularity.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What's even going on in there that it's so volatile over a dead Google thing?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

it's this:

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Stux

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I like Stux's avatar and it probably makes me way more tolerant than I should be how aggro he posts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mega64 posted:

There's a big issue going on between Stux and the Stadia thread.

Namely, Stux isn't currently the IK of the Stadia thread, and this needs to be corrected.

We Do Not Give In To Terrorists. :911:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I, like many others, have bookmarked my autism chariot threads so dont often have a look in "Gaems" proper, aside from a quick glimpse every few months, somehow none of the threads i am in in this subforum have ever needed much moderation, whish is chill and cool, so I guess you are doing everything well. thanks for keeping a safe space to bicker about pixels. (or spazz over spreadsheets)

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer
The lack of polished games over the years is starting to really bum me out. I get saying it's in "Beta" or "Alpha" and just sending it on its merry way but something has got to give. I'd rather them spend the extra time and polish it for release then the current mentality they have now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Avoid the companies that keep doing that and focus on the companies that actually polish and finish their games. Hell, there’s plenty of indie games with great polish, as well as some bigger companies’ games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

slam clicking a thread title and posting without reading the op or in fact any other posts in the thread ftw

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Stux posted:

slam clicking a thread title and posting without reading the op or in fact any other posts in the thread ftw

Please don't criticize my CYOA voting strategy.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

laughing at the idea that these dead gay forums would have a thread to provide feedback to the gaming industry at large

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

We used to be a juggernaut, kid! Famous for making the furries known, and rigging the whole drat economy in EVE, and one of us was the worst carpenter you ever saw! These tick-tockers and grinders might not know, but they remember. The games industry remembers! *tries to suck on cigar butt drenched in spittle*

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I am wholly against the State of Games and favor sanctions against their corrupt regime. The indigenous people of Games deserve to self-govern, free of the imperialost shackles of the State.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the self governing autonomous commune of games is just imp zone.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gas: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900763&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

ban: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3900763

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

kinda impressive to get that in five seconds before your latest probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

please stop being obsessed with blizzwatch