Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dongicus posted:

thank god because everything you've said has been entirely worthless

why is anyone engaging with this guy and taking the things he says seriously lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
today I learned throwing around the R word at other posters is cool & good apparently

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Saxophone posted:

Yeah, why in loving 2021 are slurs allowed -anywhere- on this site outside of historical quotes and that someone using them an admin just says "Arf doing Arf things" is acceptable?

you know why though lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Grondoth posted:

Please demonstrate where the blizzwatch thread was full of people brigading and harassing other posters. Plese demonstrate that it was a toxic place where everyone was attacking people for liking blizzard games, rather than people who dislike a company and did not want people to buy their products.

I read that thread and the most worked up people got was that one guy who got mad I killed blood elf paladins 14 years ago and when people fought over how fast tanks should pull in FF.

tanks should slow down imo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
guys the thread isnt even in Games any more lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

sourdough posted:

My games feedback is there's too many good games and not enough time to play them

:hmmyes:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

I will say that I got Dongicus confused with another poster, and I was wrong. I didn't mean for what I said to come off the way it did, but I am really sorry that I had said, if I worded what I had said differently, then maybe Dongicus would have had a chance to defend himself, and it wouldn't have gone on like this for this long. I'd message him an apology but he doesn't have PMs. Instead of rehashing my problems with that poster and souring what is an apology, I will simply say that I hosed up, what I said wasn't cool, and I think he/she/they are correct that there was a million better ways to have said what I was trying to say. Seeing other people read it the same way Dongicus did recontextualizes it for me, because to me it just seemed like they were trying to find an inroad to dismiss what I said, but if so many people saw it as an accusation that he's rapist, then that means my ability to communicate has failed. I don't know where to post this where they would see it, and they don't have PMs. I don't know if they want an apology at all, but I didn't feel right not saying that I had hosed up, and should have chosen my words better.

this is all your fault

you will be sorry for your words and deeds

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The poster saying there is no admin conspiracy got yelled at too for being a drat troll.

nah he got probed because he's been threadbanned for terrible, TERRIBLE posts and continues to ignore the threadban and post anyway

he has a history of doing this in multiple threads apparently

Edit: Anyway the thread is moved out of Games now, so I don't see any reason to post about it in here any more

Moola fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 11, 2021

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Harrow please go wild with power and probe the last page of posts. You can hit me too I don't mind

this

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Something that I don't think anyone has addressed that is concerning is why is it always tall joker?

Why not wide Bane, extremely large Riddler or very tiny Lex Luthor?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

I think if you have a grudge with one poster, and you think that person is consistently making GBS threads up your thread, just use the ignore function? Or use uBlock to hellban them from your browser or w/e? Like at some point you have to stop saying "Oh this person shits up the thread," and realize that you don't have to see their posts if you don't want too.

this is good advice btw

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

(empowered IKs)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ethanol posted:

the 6 hour probes are funny and the reason they dont escalate it is because its funny and people are having a good time out there hth good luck with the forums court and all that

sixers are weird because sometimes they're a slap on the wrist, sometimes they're a prize, sometimes they're a joke

but the main thing is just lol if anyone gets angry at a sixer for any reason

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

anyone who gets mad about 6ers should be immediately thrown in the pay no mind pile

sixer madness should be an immediate ban imo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Looper posted:

every time i click the report button, the post has already been reported

same lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I also think its fine if threads don't have laser focus on their topics

tangents can be a fun and interesting diversions

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Please probate Stux with this image:

im this guy specifically

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Look: sometimes wrists need slapping and if a friend of yours is constantly being an rear end in a top hat you can just slap their wrist and pretend you did a good job moderating

Imo punishment should escalate to rear end slapping

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I would like to be rear end punished

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Just some rear end slapping, between butts

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is there really much of that outside this thread?

E: Like, I dunno it just seems like there's some blizzchat posters upset their thread got moved to CCCC

its actually just FAUXTON specifically

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm just glad the forum still accepts me as the Games idiot court jester

I enjoy your posts because I look at your avatar and it reminds me of Homeworld, which owned

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The part in Homeworld where Kharak burns still gets me

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Adagio for Stux

drat that song cuts me to my gay core dude

Such a good moment drat

The violin kicks in and Fleet command's voice breaks. gently caress

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

Something Awful is a big rear end cafeteria

I'm the big rear end

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doublestep posted:

I'm weird and a freak

Lmao at anyone who thinks they aren't a weird freak posting on something awful lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

ban anyone who claims to be normal

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Why is there blank space here???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Potsticker posted:

There's a big difference in people who are okay with calling themselves some sort of epithet and others who are uncomfortable with being called the same names by other people.

well yeah obvs

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I have sent out a top private investigator to find the identity of the new poster

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah I don't really get it. I don't even play animal crossing either!

why do you have a racoon gang tag then?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kavros posted:

The comparison to school board meeting regulars is pretty spot-on. :(

won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!!!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
leave it as Games but you have to say it in the "Resident. EEEVILLL." voice every time

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
rename Games to Stux Appreciation Station

probe any posts that don't mention Stux

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

see ya in 30 days

lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Stux should remain free for letting me know about Critters for Sale. Game is great.

good news friend

he's still free!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you cannot mention a blizzard game on this subforum without a bunch of freaks yelling at you and trying to imply you are a nazi rapist because you bought diablo 2 or 3 while it was on sale on the nintendo e-shop please kill them all with bans and probations

k legit question, am I the only one who thinks this weird trend of telling people to die *~but in a comedy way~* is not funny or cool?

this may be more of a QCS whinge but I've seen it happening a lot in Games specifically

no this is not about a weird perceived forums grudges. I barely remember what I ate for breakfast let alone usernames on a dead comedy site

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no one has ever suddenly dropped dead because someone on the internet jokingly told them to die so stop trying to get your forums enemies punished over it because is really pathetic and sad and instead play some videogames and enjoy yourself

nobody has forums enemies

we're all just nerds posting on a stupid forum

this isnt a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Looper posted:

for some reason whenever this thread gets a lot of posts it's always the same people involved. maybe just ban everyone who's posted itt

agreed 100%