Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Endorph posted:

look, literally all i want is for the thread to not be in games

this is a really weird thing to think to yourself while browsing games, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Thanks. That thread needs a reboot and shouldn't have Kith at the helm either but it's good it's out of games at least.

lmfao

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Xarbala posted:

Ironically Blizzwatch thread rules actually made it pretty difficult to keep track of interforum grudges because Kith did a pretty good job enforcing the rule against re-litigating past grievances or forums beefs

So when I stumble across posts like these in Games:

It strikes me pretty weird and out-of-left field

I read the thread a long time ago when it was first posted in whatever blizzard subforum existed at the time, lost track of it when it was moved/recreated/whatever, and then read it briefly when it first moved into games and then occasionally since. Most of what I saw was Kith doing a good job with the rules, especially the ones about poo poo talking other goons or other forums. They did a good job.

The post you quoted is deranged.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The fact that the people going hardest defending the thread think all the people complaining are just angry WoW players or mad about people being mean to Blizzard is really bizarre.

if they were all a bunch of angry WoW players or diehard blizzard fans that would actually be better than the alternative

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

most of the arfjason posts are not very good but that one was very funny, and its even funnier now that its replaced by the mod edit

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

maybe the games mods can send out a newsletter so you dont have to worry about feedback you dont care about polluting the feedback thread

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Harrow posted:

It's not that I don't care. I just can't do anything about it. Slurs are not allowed in Games or the subforums that Games mods actually moderate and that's all we can control. As loathe as I am to recommend making a QCS thread, "you shouldn't be allowed to use slurs anywhere on this site" is an issue that is bigger than Games and so it makes more sense there than here.

to be clear, i am responding to the guy complaining about there being feedback in the feedback thread, not making any assertions about the quality of moderation

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Since CCCC is for chat threads that no longer belong in their original forums, it has some kind of weird rules. One of those is "Don't invade other CCCC threads". Basically, drive-by threadshitting is against forum rules even if slurs aren't, and a non-regular swooping into the thread to annoy its posters should be probatable by that rule.

the tricky part about this imo is that the arfjason self immolation 6er divebomb is forum wide, which makes arf a thread regular in every thread.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

so your main complaint is that the posters need to be punished for being mean to you for years, and moving them to cccc wasnt punishment enough as you perceive it?

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That post was AFTER Stux had posted a series of joker pictures that were so tall it made the thread impossible to browse on mobile.
it sounds like this was pretty funny actually

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

feels like it's reasonable to expect the average games poster to be able to perform a quick temperature check on a thread but also, there's no thread where you don't report tall joker and it doesn't get probated. that's part of the comedy

i don't think games needs a forum taxonomist to declare which threads are acceptable to post jokes in, and a thread having jokes in it doesn't mean you can suddenly break tables

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

yea that just kinda sounds like normal posting

i agree that chat threads should be able to exist and have their own specific moderation that can resolve these issues more quickly, unfortunately that pattern has proven to be impossible in games

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

multijoe posted:

He still have that, for when people post death threats, or lurid hate speech. It's historically seen less use for posting too much Big Joker

i've been laughing continuously at this post since i read it. can someone please pm me Big Joker, i need to see it

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Stux posted:

and now its filled with people who have never told a joke, wouldnt be able to identify one at five paces, and

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

honestly i was convinced you were joking and that you apparently weren't has me seriously hosed up right now

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

stux has also suggested that he abhors certain behaviors and suggests that people who exhibit them should be "destroyed with a spirit bomb" which i laughed at

i don't understand it to be against the rules to dislike people or behavior, or to voice this in a post, especially not while participating in a discussion where stux's dislikes are exactly on topic

it was against the rules in the blizzwatch thread, and it was enforced there, and i think it is broadly fine for threads to have IKs that enforce thread specific rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

i laughed at the stux post. thank you for linking it.