Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

Jupiter Jazz posted:

My opinion: When I first joined, Games was known for higher video game discussion. Now it's riled with cliques and low effort poo poo posts that would have gotten you probated in 2007. I posted a long opinion in the Dragon Quest thread (linked here) that was passionate and my personal opinion. The responses? "LOL." Effort posting and discussion, two former main stays of SA, is now considered a bonus, not the norm.

The result is a forum made of cliques where people are unable to discuss in genuine merit, who can only expound upon gotcha points and one liners.

probably because that post is insanely bad and very funny op. also posting this after getting owned is even funnier still. probably need to prepare for a new wave of lols, perhaps even a lmao or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Why is it bad? Because you disagree?

dont care about dq so i could not possibly agree or disagree on what the post says, however its extremely funny and reading further multiple people did engage at length with your argument and you still felt so aggrieved you needed to complain that its a problem with the games forum that no one agreed with you or whatever. however please continue to post about it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

the big clique hivemind of [checking thread] people both agreeing and disagreeing at varying levels of engagement from "lol" to their own effort posts. truly mystifying what you are even complaining about at this point honestly.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

low effort posting is tolerated. you can even empty quote! this is someone not getting the response they wanted to a single subject in one thread and then posting about it in the "state of games" thread like its some endemic issue with the entire forum. theres a very handy stickied post dedicated to more long form game stuff where low effort posts arent allowed and people cant laugh at you for saying something insanely stupid if thats the issue.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

there were multiple pages with multiple people engaging earnestly, with one person who everyone else told off getting aggro, and a couple of people who said lol or what. this is all pretty dismissive to the other people who engaged in a discussion with them, and the norm was certainly people engaging in good faith and having an actual discussion about the points they were making. also this all happened two full months ago while they were attempting a critique of a game they hadnt even finished half of, and it ended with them blowing up at another poster while being unbelievably condescending because they said "youre wrong"

this is a grudge post on a two month delay. i dont care about it. it has nothing to do with the forum culture or whatever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

also who are the cliques? the clique of "people who post in the dq thread"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[posting intensifies]

yeah the star cit thread should be exiled. glad we can all finally come together and agree and send it on its way.