Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I think Games continues to tick along fine as it always has and doesn't really need any changes or spice/events, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Extremely hosed up when Stux is a voice of reason.

Both effortposting and shitposting can co-exist and often do, since I stopped being quite such an uptight nerd (degrees of margin arguable) I definitely do more shitposting than I used to but I'll still poo poo out unnecessarily wordy bullshit sometimes. Nobodies really here to read a thesis though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I think there's a pretty obvious line between "loving over obvious shitheads" or "Having fun at someones expense but not being a weird jackass about it" and "Being a dick for no reason" which was a lot of what we got in the old griefing thread, as people have mentioned, where people would come in and pass off not even really griefing but just low effort, fun-for-nobody-but-me trolling or outright cheating as 'fun griefing stories.' That's pretty easy to self-police in a lot of ways and I think the overall Games train of thought is considerably less open to people like that now anyway so it might occasionally need a mod on the trigger but I think it's less likely to suffer from that old problem.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 2, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011

I mean this is already the kind of poo poo that sank the last thread in the end, so maybe not.