Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have one request. If you could do a pinned thread that indexes into all the individual games (not Let's Plays, but the main thread) that would be lovely, because search doesn't work all that well. I know I'm volunteering you to do a lot of extra work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Chasiubao posted:

I mostly have posting anxiety about asking a question and being told, “That was posted and answered on page 369. Read the thread!” And I’m not going to sift through 1000 pages for a game before posting, so I just end up not posting at all.

Yes I have brain worms.

It probably depends on the thread; in the threads I frequent (mostly management games: Rimworld, ONI, that sort of thing) everybody's consistently been patient and friendly with noob questions. No gatekeeping that I've seen.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I'd like it if the Rimworld OP had a link to up-to-date primers. It could be at the bottom, under a boldface header.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sputnik posted:

I would love a way to find games similar to X. (ie: I play Apex Legends and Destiny 2. What other games in that vein might I like?)

Actually, this would be a cromulent thread.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I have often started a game, gone into into its ancient megathread, read the OP, and then had the residents happily explain the game to me. Hell, the Rimworld thread answers "What are the best mods?" every drat day with good humor. The point of a megathread is the people, not the thread size. It doesn't matter that there are 500 pages I'll never read; it matters that the people on page 501 will explain, and maybe even be updating the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Harrow posted:

Actually, while we're on the topic: are there threads you all think might need a thread IK? Console threads? Any game threads that don't already (I know Destiny does)? There are some big, active threads that none of the mods seem to read on our own very often so maybe some thread IKs might help keep those running a little cooler.

#MeToo hits gaming: I just wanted to shoot poo poo." PLEASE. It keeps being overrun by people minimizing abusers.