Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jughead is burgersexual.

didnt they say something in the comics about how Jughead is Ace or something. which honestly makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sarcopenia posted:

Meh. All the main characters have all broken up with each other so instead of having every episode split in like 3 stories (because the couples would usually do stuff together), every episode now has like 6 different plots. Usually there would always be this one eerie main plot (cult, drug fueled D'n'd murders, serial killers, boarding school sociopaths, snuff movies, gangs, incest) lingering behind it all tying everything together, but that seems to be missing. And somehow both the serial killer and mothman/alien plots are so boringly done and far removed from everything else that they take a backseat to art forgery, starting a football/cheer team and a character making their own currency with her high school students. The show has always been a bit exhausting, but this season had my eyes glaze over more than usual.

Aw, shoot. Guess I stand corrected.

I think the other part of the problem I had with the show was Hiram becoming Aizen-levels of omnipotent and comically evil. Even the fact that his ire was focused towards the Dumbest Boy on Earth didn't really help after awhile.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kinda finding it hard to believe the Vinny thing, and even if they are real, it’s “had consensual sex with a fan” which ranks hilariously and depressingly low on the list of Things Internet People Have Done.

I think the worst part of it is how it muddies the poo poo out of the waters and now no one will believe anything. Which I think was the point - IMO the real goal here was to discredit Twitter-style infodumps and make it easier for the really heinous poo poo to pass. That’s what really makes me worry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pollyanna posted:

Kinda finding it hard to believe the Vinny thing, and even if they are real, it’s “had consensual sex with a fan” which ranks hilariously and depressingly low on the list of Things Internet People Have Done.

I think the worst part of it is how it muddies the poo poo out of the waters and now no one will believe anything. Which I think was the point - IMO the real goal here was to discredit Twitter-style infodumps and make it easier for the really heinous poo poo to pass. That’s what really makes me worry.

yea I agree there's clearly some people very eager to use something confirmed as in-character by multiple people who know him as an excuse to handwave away 'twitter infodumps'.

hmmmmm

:thunk:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

yea I agree there's clearly some people very eager to use something confirmed as in-character by multiple people who know him as an excuse to handwave away 'twitter infodumps'.

hmmmmm

:thunk:

You are aware that the people mentioned in the doc literally complained that they were misrepresented, with receipts to boot?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dias posted:

You are aware that the people mentioned in the doc literally complained that they were misrepresented, with receipts to boot?

Oh word? I’ve only heard suspicion on the technical details of the document rather than the testimony. How were they misrepresented?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pollyanna posted:

Oh word? Ive only heard suspicion on the technical details of the document rather than the testimony. How were they misrepresented?

Here is one of them, apparently there's a second one but I can't find it in the #MeToo in Gaming thread:

https://twitter.com/actuallylichpit/status/1378180072767680518

I thought you already knew about that because of the "muddle the waters" thing. Like, I couldn't care less about Vinny but the whole thing is actually, for real, very iffy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dias posted:

Here is one of them, apparently there's a second one but I can't find it in the #MeToo in Gaming thread:

https://twitter.com/actuallylichpit/status/1378180072767680518

I thought you already knew about that because of the "muddle the waters" thing. Like, I couldn't care less about Vinny but the whole thing is actually, for real, very iffy.

I didn’t know details or followups, but muddying the waters is a natural consequence of going forward with anything like this, even if it isn’t as hilariously janky as this one. This is supposed to be brought to a court of law if it’s a genuine crime, but clearly both society and the law have failed us if anyone feels like they need to rely on loving Twitter and Google Docs to get anything done.

Just hosed up both now and later.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Dr Christmas posted:

I have a weird feeling that when I discovered her channel, she had more videos. She says she had trouble getting the YouTube bots to accept her most recent video, so did she have more troubles, or am I misremembering what I first saw? Anyway, I like her. She has fun energy.

I've lost count on how often I've rewatched her videos on Gotham and Riverdale.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr.Radar posted:

Defunctland looks at a show that was a staple of pretty much every 90s kid's TV watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVkSlXl41Q

Even as a kid I knew how profoundly unfair it was whenever a kid got Africa or Europe for the final game vs the US or Asia. Hope you weren’t still studying a map with Yugoslavia on it, kid.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Even as a kid I knew how profoundly unfair it was whenever a kid got Africa or Europe for the final game vs the US or Asia. Hope you weren’t still studying a map with Yugoslavia on it, kid.

"The Ukraine"

*Bzzzt*

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jughead is burgersexual.

:burger: on the streets, :burger: in the sheets

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mr.Radar posted:

Defunctland looks at a show that was a staple of pretty much every 90s kid's TV watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVkSlXl41Q

Thanks for this, it was cool. I'm impressed with myself for remembering pretty much everything they mentioned here. Though obviously as a kid I didn't know anything about Rockapella being a pretty hip choice, or how they tried not to be overly anglocentric.

Any time the "Where In Time" theme comes up, I have the initial reaction of "boo, this isn't the real deal" followed by "this is still a banger actually"

It's nice to know that there apparently wasn't any sordid drama involved in the switch to "Where In Time", but more just the original show running its course. Though I could also easily imagine it running indefinitely.

I'm also baffled by the brief mention of a "Where in North Dakota is Carmen Sandiego". Was the answer to every question just "North Dakota"?

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 7, 2021

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Chieves posted:

Aw, shoot. Guess I stand corrected.

I think the other part of the problem I had with the show was Hiram becoming Aizen-levels of omnipotent and comically evil. Even the fact that his ire was focused towards the Dumbest Boy on Earth didn't really help after awhile.
Hiram basically The Dome-ing the entire city and still having his biggest enemy be an incredibly boring teenager sure was a choice. He's such a Scooby Doo villain.
But we all know that the true reason Riverdale started getting even worse all around was because they switched the actor for my beautiful himbo Reggie, for simple being accused of being involved in a murder for hire plot to kill Francis Bean Cobain's ex husband to get her father's infamous Unplugged guitar back on the behest of Courtney Love and Britney Spears' former manager. :mad:

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 7, 2021

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Youth Decay posted:

One of my favorite recent youtube discoveries, munecat, released Part 2 of her Tony Robbins video. It is fantastic, well-researched and holy poo poo this guy is a terrifying cult leader it is unbelievable how popular he is. Like Dr. Phil mixed with Alex Jones mixed with Jim Jones.
Part 1 (note, 2nd half of the video showing his interactions with women in his audience gets extremely hard to watch) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUP86fStX6Q
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1zm9GU70Fo
also more deep dive videos should include a diss track imo

Munecat videos are generally good but the music is a bit cringe. The series she did on the buy to rent guy (forget his name) was excellent.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego theme is an all time great tune.

Also the first game I ever played on a PC and I still remember the DOS command to run it. Came with an almanac and everything.

EdBlackadder posted:

Munecat videos are generally good but the music is a bit cringe. The series she did on the buy to rent guy (forget his name) was excellent.

So many youtube channels that are otherwise great have such bad music (or ill-fitting music like the Irish guy who does true crime posted earlier). Just use those same six copyright-free songs everyone uses.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

So many youtube channels that are otherwise great have such bad music (or ill-fitting music like the Irish guy who does true crime posted earlier). Just use those same six copyright-free songs everyone uses.
I had a big issue with Jack Saint's music mixing but he luckily got better at it. It can really ruin the entire video, especially if you often have videos on in the background while doing something else. Tbf that's not what the medium is for, but still.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego theme is an all time great tune.

Also the first game I ever played on a PC and I still remember the DOS command to run it. Came with an almanac and everything.

To be fair it's her own stuff and it's far better than I can do but I skip the hell out of it. I come for the unmasking of exploitative arseholes but I can't stay for the diss tracks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

Thanks for this, it was cool. I'm impressed with myself for remembering pretty much everything they mentioned here. Though obviously as a kid I didn't know anything about Rockapella being a pretty hip choice, or how they tried not to be overly anglocentric.

Any time the "Where In Time" theme comes up, I have the initial reaction of "boo, this isn't the real deal" followed by "this is still a banger actually"

It's nice to know that there apparently wasn't any sordid drama involved in the switch to "Where In Time", but more just the original show running its course. Though I could also easily imagine it running indefinitely.

I'm also baffled by the brief mention of a "Where in North Dakota is Carmen Sandiego". Was the answer to every question just "North Dakota"?

From the name it sounds like education product for North Dakota itself.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

From the name it sounds like education product for North Dakota itself.

It is exactly that

The Video Game History Foundation published a great article about the story behind the game's creation last year, fittingly titled "Why in North Dakota is Carmen Sandiego?" It's based on interviews with the North Dakotan teachers who worked on the game

https://gamehistory.org/where-in-north-dakota-is-carmen-sandiego/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Veib posted:

It is exactly that

The Video Game History Foundation published a great article about the story behind the game's creation last year, fittingly titled "Why in North Dakota is Carmen Sandiego?" It's based on interviews with the North Dakotan teachers who worked on the game

https://gamehistory.org/where-in-north-dakota-is-carmen-sandiego/

wait thats real. i thought that was like a weird joke or something. that feels like something the Brothers Chaps would make ups as a throw away Sbemail gag.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There was a Québec version of Carmen Sandiego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsf9n37eB74

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is it as lovely as every other Quebec adaptation of a popular series?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That one was good cause it's just Carmen Sandiego but in Québec French.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Sarcopenia posted:

Hiram basically The Dome-ing the entire city and still having his biggest enemy be an incredibly boring teenager sure was a choice. He's such a Scooby Doo villain.
But we all know that the true reason Riverdale started getting even worse all around was because they switched the actor for my beautiful himbo Reggie, for simple being accused of being involved in a murder for hire plot to kill Francis Bean Cobain's ex husband to get her father's infamous Unplugged guitar back on the behest of Courtney Love and Britney Spears' former manager. :mad:

What

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The actor who used to play the character Reggie and the adult version of the Asian kid in the Shazam! movie, Ross Butler, was accused of being involved in a kidnapping and murder for hire plot involving sexual assault on the ex-husband of Francis Bean Cobain. The ex-husband was the one who made the accusation against Butler in a lawsuit. I couldn't find an update, but non of the people accused are in prison and he still gets work so it appears that the accusations were false?
I also looked it up and he claims that he left the show to be on 13 Reasons Why instead where he had a bigger role. The irony being that his role on Riverdale got a lot bigger the season after he left. Also, 13 Reasons Why is an even worse show with no redeemable qualities what so ever, but I can't blame the man for wanting something a little bit more meaty.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sarcopenia posted:

The actor who used to play the character Reggie and the adult version of the Asian kid in the Shazam! movie, Ross Butler, was accused of being involved in a kidnapping and murder for hire plot involving sexual assault on the ex-husband of Francis Bean Cobain. The ex-husband was the one who made the accusation against Butler in a lawsuit. I couldn't find an update, but non of the people accused are in prison and he still gets work so it appears that the accusations were false?
I also looked it up and he claims that he left the show to be on 13 Reasons Why instead where he had a bigger role. The irony being that his role on Riverdale got a lot bigger the season after he left. Also, 13 Reasons Why is an even worse show with no redeemable qualities what so ever, but I can't blame the man for wanting something a little bit more meaty.

I feel like committing yourself to the long-term future of a show that announces the limitations of its premise in the title is a mistake, like buying pumpkin futures in October.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

I feel like committing yourself to the long-term future of a show that announces the limitations of its premise in the title is a mistake, like buying pumpkin futures in October.
Reading further into it, 13 Reasons Why hadn't even officially been renewed for a second season and it turns out that the reason why (hehehe) his character was so small on Riverdale was because they were accommodating that he was on two separate shows at once. I guess he thought the other show was more ~serious~, but I watched season 2 and it's as ridicules as Riverdale while also being incredibly offensive specifically because it's trying to be very serious.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/theymerSophie/status/1379497887202226178?s=19

Joss whedon is human garbage

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah, he is a loving monster and i feel a hosed up sense of justification for calling this kinda poo poo years ago. the weird finger wagging holier than thou types are ALWAYS like this. i am glad his career is done.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

No.1 Special posted:

Didn't see this one posted so

The Jimquisition - Why It's Morally Okay To Pirate All Of Sony's Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uulMxLyiBZg

Regrettably, the only thing I've done so far is download what games I've bought onto the PS3 before the store shuts down (which, as a reminder, is closing July 2nd).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's telling that he hasn't even released one of those weird statements about going to rehab to work on himself like Kramer did after calling people the n-word, which I imagine is like a standard hollywood all-purpose "make things go away" strategy.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

It's telling that he hasn't even released one of those weird statements about going to rehab to work on himself like Kramer did after calling people the n-word, which I imagine is like a standard hollywood all-purpose "make things go away" strategy.
I imagine that it's because once his team started working on a statement a new allegation or corroboration has popped up from an ever increasing amount of people. That poo poo has been trickling in for the last 2 months. The worst one for me was Michelle Trachtenberg revealing that Whedon wasn't allowed to be alone with her.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he is probably just hoping it all goes away, but i sorta suspect he is done in Hollywood and he knows it so he is just hoping even worse poo poo or criminal poo poo doesnt come out.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The lady who made the "Daisy Brown" ARG made a video about how and why she made it.
Jules Dapper - "How (and why) I made Daisy Brown"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pKli-bWZ10
Edit: Just noticed that it's old as bones in youtube years so it has probably already been posted.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Sarcopenia posted:

I imagine that it's because once his team started working on a statement a new allegation or corroboration has popped up from an ever increasing amount of people. That poo poo has been trickling in for the last 2 months. The worst one for me was Michelle Trachtenberg revealing that Whedon wasn't allowed to be alone with her.

It's weird to think this guy was basically in charge of the MCU for a while; talk about a fall from grace. It's kinda interesting to compare him to Zack Snyder now, it's like their careers have become mirror opposites of each other in both tone and trajectory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It's weird to think this guy was basically in charge of the MCU for a while; talk about a fall from grace. It's kinda interesting to compare him to Zack Snyder now, it's like their careers have become mirror opposites of each other in both tone and trajectory.

It's really weird to listen to old podcasts and hear nerds praise how cool and good he is, especially on feminist issues.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

It's really weird to listen to old podcasts and hear nerds praise how cool and good he is, especially on feminist issues.

he said the right stuff before and during and after gamergate and that gave sacks of poo poo like him and farci and couple lesser gross weirdos like burch and i am sure others some "cover" when their bad poo poo came out. i remember farci got a bunch of excuses for a while when his poo poo came out. and burch never got a big outrage when the casting couch poo poo came out but that was because he has already "left" riot games. whedon was basicaly able to keep his poo poo underwraps for a while even though little poo poo came out about some of his stuff during buffy/angle/whatever.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

his career was done after ultron wasnt as great as everyone hoped and the russos made winter soldier and proved they could make good mainline marvel stuff. i like avengers still but compared to the russo movies and obvious gunns stuff, they suck. they never actually become teamates, its basicaly sorta grudging respect and then they are sorta friends. that being said some of the stuff still holds up.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 8, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Did any of you ever watch The Sensitive Male episode of Johnny Bravo from back in the day?

Joss Whedon always kind of gave me the same vibe as that guy in the episode. Someone who preaches sensitivity, tolerance, feminism, etc., but only because he thinks it will get him laid.

Honestly, it sounds like his kind of "feminism" has been an open secret since the 90's.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Imagine a show created by Joss Whedon, with Steven Moffat as the showrunner.