Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Youth Decay posted:

One of my favorite recent youtube discoveries, munecat, released Part 2 of her Tony Robbins video. It is fantastic, well-researched and holy poo poo this guy is a terrifying cult leader it is unbelievable how popular he is. Like Dr. Phil mixed with Alex Jones mixed with Jim Jones.
Part 1 (note, 2nd half of the video showing his interactions with women in his audience gets extremely hard to watch) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUP86fStX6Q
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1zm9GU70Fo
also more deep dive videos should include a diss track imo

Munecat videos are generally good but the music is a bit cringe. The series she did on the buy to rent guy (forget his name) was excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego theme is an all time great tune.

Also the first game I ever played on a PC and I still remember the DOS command to run it. Came with an almanac and everything.

So many youtube channels that are otherwise great have such bad music (or ill-fitting music like the Irish guy who does true crime posted earlier). Just use those same six copyright-free songs everyone uses.

To be fair it's her own stuff and it's far better than I can do but I skip the hell out of it. I come for the unmasking of exploitative arseholes but I can't stay for the diss tracks.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I read Harry Potter through secondary school, I picked them up about year 9 and shotgunned the first 3 with gusto then felt Order of the Phoenix was disappointing but still went through the rest.

Then I read 'The Casual Vacancy'. I genuinely hoped she'd grown as a writer but it was awful and filled with the worst stereotypes of council house residents that I felt awful for buying it.