Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Isnt Belle Delphines while deal wearing fake braces and dressing like a teen? Or is that the other belle/bella that's loving up onlyfans

she's the one who sold "gamer girl bath water"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

I didn't know the entirety of Japan was a twitter weirdo

e: I am not defending that take in any way, shape, or form, it's a mind-shatteringly terrible take, but it's a take that at least one entire whole-rear end country had, to the point where their followup Stitch stuff deliberately ignores the point of the movie and has Lilo explicitly abandon Stitch to fend for himself, because they loved Stitch but thought Lilo was a stupid little brat who should have been drowned.

I have seen no evidence, ever, for this "Japan hates Lilo" theory. Only thing I've seen is the show Stitch! is set in Okinawa because Paul Candland who worked at Disney Japan wanted to make a show set there, where he lived for a while. Lilo doesn't appear in the show because she's an adult when the show takes place and lives in Hawaii.

What is the origin of this weird Lilo/Japan rumor?

e: apparently in ep. 23 of the Japanese Stitch show, Lilo's daughter appears who looks and acts identically to child Lilo.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 21, 2020

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
yayo is cocaine. chi chi, get the yayo! We all remember the fun 80s movie Scarface

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my prediction for the snyder cut is that it will come out and it probably will not be much better than the original cut and nobody's opinion of the movie will be particularly changed in any direction.

e: also most people won't even watch it

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 25, 2020

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcbJn-RylQ

Here's a video on the history of Falcom who are somewhat quietly making a lot of the best JRPGs around.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVMyxJiA9Cg

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
can't believe he didn't change his Twitter name to Zack Spyder for halloween. where is his holiday spirit? why does he refuse to be festive?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
drat I am into men but I've never been invited to brunch in my life. do I gotta suck a certain number of dicks before I can attend?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
brunch is just breakfast with a mimosa anyway

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuib18VEh-U

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It's a shame we couldn't get a Bernie presidency but at least we're gonna get a Weekend at Bernie's presidency

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my dick got killed in battle so they buried it in its own little peter coffin

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
wtf kind of name is "Shadiversity"? Tremendously stupid-sounding name.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
there has been so much star wars poo poo shoved down the throat of everyone since 2015, please make it stop. I am not nostalgic for the 70s anymore. Make some kind of new cultural property please

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

RareAcumen posted:

All the people that wanted to make a new thing did so in the 60's and 70's. Now we're just cashing in on it endlessly.

that is not true, Death Stranding came out last year. first time I've ever gotten to genuinely befriend a fetus

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
nerd gatekeeping is so funny.

You like this thing that I like?

no you don't! Stop! You don't like it, you don't even know what it is!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Sydin posted:

But for all nerd poo poo, on repeat forever.

if you can't beat sekiro on ng+ 3, charmless, with the demon bell on you shouldn't be loving allowed to play... nay, to think about video games

no I am not trying to justify the time I have wasted

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

quote:

3) TETRIS WITH LYRICS

(ONE-Y AND A TWO-EY AND A THREE AND FOUR)
SHAPES MADE OF FOUR COLORED BLOCKS LIKE A T OR A BOX COME DOWN LIKE FALLING BRICKS
YOU CAN PLACE THEM IN ROWS, BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THEY MADE THIS GAME FOR CHICKS (HEY!)

MOM JUST LOVES TO FLIP AND STACK
GRANDMA SAYS THIS poo poo IS LIKE CRACK! (WELL IT IS!)

THIS IS THE GAME GIRLS DESERVE, THERE IS NO LEARNING CURVE
WHICH MAKES IT GREAT FOR NOOBS (GRRREAT FOR NOOBS!)
IT WILL FILL YOU WITH GLEE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A VAJ AND BOOBS (HEY!)

YOUR MOM LOVES IT, MINE DOES TOO (MINE DOES TOO)
CALL ME SEXIST, BITCH IT'S STILL TRUE (JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE BITCH PART)

DEEP IN A GIRL'S DAINTY BRAIN, THERE'S A SPOT NEAR A VEIN (RIGHT HERE)
WHICH REGULATES THEIR BLISS (THE T-SPOT)
ONCE THEY SEE FALLING BLOCKS, THE T-SPOT UNLOCKS
AND THEY START TO SING LIKE THIS (SING!)

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
WE LOVE TETRIS, LA LA LA LA

HERE IS A TRICK I HAVE LEARNED
TO AVOID GETTING BURNED
WHEN YOU PISS OFF YOUR CHICK (I’M SO MAD!)

IF YOU SING THIS ON KEY,
IMMEDIATELY SHE'LL FORGET THAT YOU'RE A DICK (TRY IT!)

LA LA LA LA (I'M STILL MAD.) LA LA LA (IS THAT THE TETRIS SONG?)
LA LA LA LA (I LOVE TETRIS!) LA LA LA (I’M HAPPY NOW!)

TETRIS HELPS WHEN CHICKS WANT TO NEUTER US (SNIP, SNIP, SNIP)
IF YOU LOVE IT, YOU PROBABLY HAVE A UTERUS!

the mid 2000s were a dire time

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

fun hater posted:

henry cavill is like the concept of watching paint dry anthropomorphized

Him and his mustache are okay in the Mission Impossible movie. The scene where he and Tom Cruise both get the poo poo beaten out of them by a completely random no-name guy is very good.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
he discovered that life is easier for rich people, in general. incredible insight from one of the little twitter men

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I actually liked the Enter the Matrix game cause I was like 7 when I got it and you could do bullet time gunfights wow like the lobby scene from Matrix wow

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm always amazed at the inability of the gamers rise up crew to even come up with a decent excuse for why they do their harassment.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I just use Firefox on my phone and use ublock. Haven't seen a youtube ad in years.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
when was the last time SA was relevant to the internet at large? the danganronpa translation?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Teachers should probably be treated better than absolute garbage, if American education is gonna be worthwhile. Substitute teaching for a few months was enough to let me know that it's way, way, way too hard of a job for me.

I initially went to college for creative writing, before I changed my major, and I gotta say that with the exception of 1 history class, all the classes felt poorly taught, like a huge waste of time, and filled with people who were only there because they needed specific class requirements. It honestly killed any and all interest I had in creative writing.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 16, 2020

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
tumblr was really not that toxic compared to twitter. It was mostly stupid teens with somewhat good intentions and scammers.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not really sure why he chose that thumbnail for the video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkrywom0J8&hd=1

I hate this character cause she's just like the female version of the sexual harassment grape from my hero academia. Sexual harassment banana

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Fallout 3 and New Vegas including only like five songs total ended up becoming kind of a brilliant choice because now I know every one of them by heart and they are extremely evocative of the games.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
At a certain point there was so much weird poo poo and strange weapons flying around in TF2 I eventually no longer even knew what people were holding or what their weapons could do.

I could still hop into a server as a scout or a heavy or something and do pretty well, but by the end I was just bewildered all the time and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to learn about all 800000 weapons.

Overwatch was dire from the beginning. It's like a shooter with "no fun allowed" as its guiding principle

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I was good at playing spy way, way back when TF2 had just come out. I feel like over time people got better at identifying spies and I would just die over and over from pyro spychecks. Demoman and scout were ultimately a lot more fun to play though.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm annoyed at Diablo for starting up the loot bonanza stuff in games where you find a hundred different swords with tiny stat differences and have to juggle piles of garbage in your inventory forever

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I feel like Tim Rogers makes interesting stuff but wraps it up in a slightly unapproachable way. I guess if it were me making the videos I'd prefer to do something like make a playlist about Tokimeki Memorial and then take the chapters of the video and split them up into separate ones. Tim Rogers has a series on Kotaku where he compares the translations between English and original FF7 which is split up into videos, it makes it easier to just casually watch a bit of it.

Of course idk anyone else who's doing a similar kind of analysis of Tokimeki Memorial so it is what it is

e: also giving the videos more detailed names than ACTION BUTTON REVIEWS [blank] might help

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 3, 2021

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Queer Salutations posted:

He was a thing long before Kotaku but that's where he became popular for his video work. He was one of the first wave of "critical theory" game journos like 10+ years ago and was ridiculed by a lot of people for his articles at the time iirc. He also worked at Grasshopper on No More Heroes and made a few critically acclaimed games under the Action Button heading.

I continue to like the things that Tim Rogers makes but I wish he was less bad at getting his points across.

In the Tokimeki video he quotes the NYT article that says "no women worked on this game". To show this is wrong, he spends a little while drawing a kanji in the air (子), flashes the kanji on the screen, says that this kanji is frequently in women's names but not always, then shows a snippet of the credits where you can see a few instances of that kanji. Then he says "well, you know, most people who worked on the game weren't women, and the male lead dev Akihiko's name is 明彦 and not 明ひ子" (which is more or less a meaningless statement whether you know Japanese or not, since one of those is not a name at all). Then he puts a note to check the epilogue - in the epilogue, there is actually an interesting interpersonal story about one of the women who was involved in the game.

none of the info is wrong but like, bro. That's so much time spent on irrelevant information, then the only actually interesting part of the story is left out.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Max Wilco posted:

I found out he worked on the translation for Moon RPG Remix and as dumb and irrational as it sounds, it's dissuaded me from starting the game. I'm still going to get to it eventually, and I highly doubt there's any dumb modern memes or anything that got added to it, but for whatever reason, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

The English in the translation is weird enough that one of these days I wanna play through the original and compare the two. I really doubt Rogers did a bad translation job, though. A job is a job and he certainly knows Japanese well enough.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Many of the most overrated shows are about bad guys doing crimes or whatever (Breaking Bad/Narcos/True Detective imo). But also when you break Sex and the City down to "woman show about dating and stuff" and The Sopranos down to "man show about guns and stuff" you're engaging with things on literally the most superficial level possible.

Is Sex and the City supposed to be a stand-in for all shows that are popular with women or something? Cause it is its own thing and it has a lot of elements that have legitimately aged worse than most of what's in The Sopranos.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
well I'm glad this guy got dogpiled for sorpranos and poo poo. anyway the important point is this one: none of the sopranos actually eat their spaghetti correctly

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
In case anyone wants this again: if you add this code as a bookmark url, then click on it, it'll only show the posts in this thread (or any SA thread) that have links to youtube videos/embedded youtube videos:

code:
(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > iframe.youtube-player, .postbody > a[href*="youtu"]').length === 0 }).hide() })()
People will post interesting videos in this thread a lot and then there'll be 100 new posts by the time I'm ready to check them out. Makes them easier to find if you do this.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I don't think there's as much popular stuff that tries to grapple with the near-future as there used to be in general. Seems like everything is about being nostalgic right now.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
The first Pokemon I ever played was Pokemon Red or Blue and I beat the entire game at age 6 by pressing A. The only Pokemon I caught were for HMs.

I don't think all modern Nintendo games are too easy though. Breath of the Wild could be relatively tough by Zelda standards and you had options to make the game harder on yourself by not upgrading. Some of the new Mario games have some decently challenging bits at the end of the game.

Even back in the day Super Mario Bros. 1 and SMB3 never got really hard until World 7 or 8. Nintendo is better about difficulty now than they were during the Gamecube/Wii era IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Are vtubers using voice modulation or text-to-speech, or is someone actually doing that voice in real time?

nyanners, at least, is a voice actor. They're doing their own voice. I think some people do voice modulation.