Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Can I suggest changing Linkara's blurb not to have the movie info on it because it came out 3 years ago.

Other than that, you already have everyone I watch except maybe Welcome to the Basement.

https://youtube.com/user/blamesocietyfilms

They watch and make fun of films of varying quality - they just have to be films they haven't seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I lied, I forgot the wonderful bernadette banner and her historical practice sewing projects.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHtaUm-FjUps090S7crO4Q

Morgan Donner also does historical fashion... and knows that most people will be using a modern sewing machine. Modernish. At least powered by electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MorganDonner

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Wouldn't it be "I'm Lindsey loving Ellis, daughter"

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

A good edit can make a film wonderful, but there has got to be the raw footage there to do something with.

Like, nothing on the edit can save the Amazon's section from their awful armor.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

It's probably not the version with puppets, but the 30ish minute puppet version was cool as well.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

It's on Deep Blue, a supercomputer made to defeat chess champions. Which seems a lot different from Mr. Rabbit's usual fare.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Isn'y the real breadtube the friends we made along the way while posting how much we all hate capitalisim?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

This is gonna get real stupid real fast, isn't it.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Queer Salutations posted:

With this garbage can full of dice and this copy of Lincoln's biography, I think we can fix this political system right up.

I laugh because it's true. Don't forget the tape measurers!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I see that half the content creators I follow are melting down about the election. Nice.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Hey, is there any videos out there on Torchwood besides Alison Pregler's Manic Episode?

https://youtu.be/UYvKOmG91iE

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I have disagreement on how good series 3 of Torchwood was but I've yet to find a person who at the very least had mixed emotions on Miracle Day.

But thank you for the tip!

EDIT: Now I don't have to watch Miracle Day? But why the hell start with the fourth series?

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 4, 2020

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I must disagree with my colleague, Mr. Radar. Torchwood is that special flavor of "bad but so good."

Like, if you are tickled pink about a cyborg fighting a dinosaur? This is the series for you! Like queer representation? Congrats all the main charecters are bi!

Series three was "dark and gritty" TM shock value garbage.

And the sexual assault is a joke that aged Incredibaly poorly, and it was poo poo to begin with in 2006. No one does anything like it again, nor is it brought up.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 4, 2020

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

I love PHW but man...I thought we all collectively agreed to leave skits back in the channel awesome days.

NEVER, because skits can be funny!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Sydin posted:

How many youtube videos do I have to make complaining about games and anime before I can get my Elite Breadtuber business card? Am I required to have a British accent or is that just bonus points?

You need bisexual lighting, that's the real trick.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Is there a Youtuber with the same sort of vibe like EmmyfromJapan? My Mom loves her but is quickly running out of her back catalog.

I would rec her Stump Sola, but she has only had like three episodes.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 11, 2020

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Yes, god help us all from the gags.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

What did he consider the begining of thr chicken part of the sandwitch - chicks or fertilized eggs?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

< insert Synder derail here >

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Is it accurate to call Jenny Nicholson a gonzo journalist?

Seriously, I think so.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Syenite posted:

I'm not gonna argue the point or anything, but here's the transcript of the video in question, if anybody feels like referring to it https://www.contrapoints.com/transcripts/canceling (please don't argue Contra minutia in this thread I'm begging you)

Don't argue Contra minutia - immediately posts the trascript to point out the details.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 15, 2020

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

That's the real sexy thing about your sex doll: the scent of bleach.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Other Joe? What's bad about Other Joe?

But the rest of that list is :yikes: .

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Excellent. The Two Jokes have been spoken.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Don't believe it went anywhere at all. Doesn't look like it will either, I'm not sure where else it could go.

Man, that sucks that we'll never get a definite answer. I canceled my Patreon of Angry Joe over it, and thought I would either resume it or keep it away permanently if it ever got resolved further than the initial accounts.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Seconding the fact that Man from UNCLE was a very fun film and I am sad it never got a sequal.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I think the moving picture -> movie word etymology is different from book ( OG to grant a charter ) or music which goes straight back to Greek name of a muse.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I thought it was just their mods?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Reminds me how Donoteat one had to remake his discord server because somehow the last one got taken over by Maoists

New discord is nice at least

Recently?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Though it didn't deraill into hell, so there's that going for it.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

That is indeed Punk.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

UGH. The whole thread is dumb - no, we shouldn't bully people for their likes and hobbies but jesus wept that is not equvlient to racebaiting.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Hey Folks speaking of surprisingly good Christmas movies, does anyone know if someone has reviewed The 2006 "The Nativity Story"?

You know, the one with Oscar Iassac as Joseph produced by Mormans.

I was wondering because I was wondering if someone took it apart, either from a religious or film perspective.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I think the Goldeneye speedrunning scene is infamously poo poo, but if you're not into speedrunning you'd only hear of The Bad Ones.

And mitchflowerpower, but that's because he was on The Tonight Show where he speedruned Super Mario Brothers 3 in the time it took Colbert to heat and eat a hotpocket.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

SomeJerkWithACamera pivoted to making a podcast selecting a randomized thing on Disney+, so he does still do other things than simp for MovieBob.

Which, seriously? I don't follow him on twitter because depressed yelling about Trump is, well, depressing. But defending Movie "Eugenics" Bob???

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

The Annual Pass Drama got me curious, ARE there any 'Disney Vloggers' that don't suck rear end not named Jenny? Not history dudes like Defunctland but people who interact with Disney as it is now and all.

It depends on what you call "Disney Vloggers" but I watch a lot if DFBGuide, which is mostly a food and restruant review - which makes sense as the "DFB" stands for Disney Food Blog. They give you lots and lots of current information so you can plan your trip, but they also have more listicle videos like "the ten worst things about planning your Disney vacation ( in Plauge and non-Plauge times ).

Which is basically either be obessive or talk to a travel agent because "winging it" and wanting to do something popular is a recipe for disaster.

That comes from this one called "15 Things that are Out of Control at Disney Parks".
https://youtu.be/JHBeBmaoKxc

I occasionally also watch Magical Journeys which is also food oriented but is focused exclusively on the California parks. Disney getting rid of annual passes there will probably hurt them bad. = (

EDIT: There is a whole DisneySphere of content out there, I am mostly familar with the planning part of it, like the ancient in internet time AllEars.Net which dates from the mid 90's. They have a vlog series now but I haven't checked it out yet.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 16, 2021

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am also interested on seeing your reasoning.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Nuebot posted:

There's always been a weird romanticism about artistic pursuits that seem to just kind of forget money at all, and it's not like. A super huge criticism of the people who don't realize that: but a lot of the time the art pieces hanging in galleries and are world famous aren't there because they were some deeply emotional dream aspiration by a troubled soul looking to pour their feelings onto canvas. A lot of that poo poo, especially from specific historical eras, tends to have histories that were more "X Rich guy paid for this, then a wealthy collector bought after he died. Technically we don't even own it!" and while there are certainly artists who's ambitions are to just produce the works they want to do because they love it and have something they want to say and do - and most art genuinely does express something of the artist and their ideas within: the whole high and low art thing just always feels off because of that. Someone who puts their heart and soul into their landscapes but never makes it past "dentist office" tier is just constantly dismissed, versus someone from a rich family with the right connections to get their ~outsider art~ fast tracked into the latest gallery opening.

Yeah, it sometimes feels more like a crapshoot on what is -famous- and what is ignored.

Alaois posted:

can you bloviate harder

Ow, the edge.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Sadly the Shadowrun TTRPG's are a mess and are more sleeazy than your normal corp with ripping off freelancers and the guy who got caught embezzling from the company years later is still loving there for some reason.

( The German version of Shadowrun is amazing tho. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Apparently Contrapoints new feature length movie vid is on J.K. Rowling. It's only up for Paetrons right now, but that's just because Youtube is takeing forever to process that runtime.

Edit: Runtime: 1 hour 29 minutes. Pour youself something nice and keep the bottle.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 26, 2021