Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Ground floor, baby.

Here's to another 1600 pages of Star Wars derails. :cheersbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

They actually went on tour together last year with the theme being that they aren't just the same guy. (the "We Are Two Different People" tour)

I still don't buy it. :colbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

*Stumbles into this thread ten hours too late*

THE ASSASSINATION OF AOC BY THE COWARD HARRIS BOMB

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Re: The Lilo hate, it was only partially that the two OPs found Lilo to be an obnoxious, unlikable child and hog tied themselves up in loopy justifications for why she should have been more rational and mature. They also digressed into this whole thing about native Hawaiians being racist against white people and somehow thought the movie supported "Kill Haole Day" because they're right-wing racists who support child detention centers. On top of all that, they thought the movie took place in the 1970s despite it obviously being set in then-present day (you can even see Nani bought a New Beetle in the end credits!)

I might be mixing two things up here, but didn't the person who started that conversation have a tier on their Patreon which allowed the Patron to name any topic and they would start Discourse about it?

If so, I'm going to guess she wasn't talking in good faith. :ghost:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Did the "[person] e-mailed me, then it got worse" title structure originate with Sarah Z's video on the author of My Immortal, or does it go back further than that? I wonder if it will become a new internet video archetype akin to "[thing] Is Garbage, And Here's Why".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

That MovieBob tweet turned me into a reply guy, so thanks for that, Jamie. <:mad:>

In more fun news, Yhara Zaid (who has been linked in this thread before, I believe) released a video on Kairo, one of my favourite J-Horror films, and its substandard American remake Pulse. It's a really interesting dive into how and why a nearly shot-for-shot remake can still be a huge step down from the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4f4W8mfpBE

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Mr.Radar posted:

Film Brain was invited to this year's London Film Festival as a critic (and the festival has mostly been held remotely so he could watch most of the films from his home) and so he has been able to put up reviews of many of the films featured. Today he put up a review of a 2D animated film from Ireland about the daughter of the town's werewolf hunter coming to grips with becoming a werewolf herself which he thinks may be his favorite film of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TbPBnmMLI

This film looks amazing, whoa! Gonna have to give it a look when it's on Blu-ray or digital. :eyepop:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I love Shaun but he might be the worst Tweeterer on the entire planet.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I feel the pressure
Under more scrutiny
And what do I do?
Touch more poop and pee

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1324129479208456193

Joe Biden is going to end the era of the Ballasck Beard YouTuber. thank You God and jesus For President biden

Isn't Crowder part of Glenn Beck's BlazeTV? He's literally a corporate Youtuber. Not an independent bone in that man's body.

Also, if Section 230 were to be reformed Youtube would get torpedoed by the courts for hate speech and intimidation immediately. It's the only thing that keeps channels like these afloat.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dabir posted:

Beau is also right, but a little bit angrier than Shaun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66IQQrmXeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMXOaCZH_WY

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Isn't Hasan the streamer who got in a not-insignificant amount of trouble (as in, major outlets picked up on it) for saying America brought 9/11 onto itself? That's not exactly the tone I would expect from a sterilised, accepted Dem broadcasting avenue.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I am once again begging for a moratorium on posting MovieBob tweets. Please... :eng99:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Russian Sleep Experiment is so bad. I have no idea how it managed to climb its way to the top of the creepypasta mountain.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/Indie88Toronto/status/1326963020141047808

Quinton strikes again.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Garrand posted:

I don't know if LockPickingLawyer really gets posted here but I wanted to post this specifically because of how hard I laughed at the pivot towards the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxmmwWwW6TY

He has some part of an online storefront for lockpicking tools and going from 'this tool is usually too thick for this' to 'so come on down to covertinstruments and I'll sell you the right ones!' killed me. Video talking about his site here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigsHNdATlY

My main takeaway from watching a dozen-or-so LockpickingLaywer videos is that locks are nothing but a fiction humanity collectively agreed to uphold.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Sarcopenia posted:

Blameitonjorge basically made a compilation of all the lost media videos they've made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9vvhq57BkI

I watched a bit of this. It's incredible how the iceburg has things like "murderers who murdered and videotaped it" and "Chicken Little 2" in the same category. I feel like someone ought to reorgaonise it a little. :stare:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I think it's just trying to take the piss out of Mark Millar. Nothing more, nothing less.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I am once again begging for a moratorium on posting MovieBob tweets Zack Snyder. Please... :eng99:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Roth posted:

I have now been recommended a Last of Us 2 video by "TheAlmightyLoli"

The most popular anime podcast did an episode on hentai a while ago. Must be something in the air.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Timbah.on.Toast released his fourth (and final?) video exposing the shoddy pretend-journalism of Project Veritas. He has now arrived at the era of PV's worst, most leaky operations, and he's tears into them mercilessly. Wonderful stuff, just like the previous three videos on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSTKX0uEfA

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Archer666 posted:

This type of behavior isn't really related to gamers, though. Similar thing happened to a dude that was related to politics a while ago iirc.

Someone sent Kurt Eichenwald a strobing GIF on Twitter a while ago in an attempt to trigger an epileptic seizure in him. Eichenwald successfully sued that person for 100k, so maybe this Game Informer writer can get a little compensation from these deadly pranksters as well.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum/status/1336710426420269058

These days you'll get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you failed the LSAT.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 10, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I wish I could play the 3D Fallout games but I'm too scared of giant bugs and arachnids. :saddowns:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Todd in the Shadows released his Worst Songs of 2020 list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHb9Iv83WKk

I can't believe Yummy came out this year. In the words of Dr. Dre: it literally feels like a lifetime ago. :corsair:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Number 15: Burger King Foot Lettuce is such an all-time legendary moment that Chills deserves to rake in millions of views until the end of time for it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

Sorry this is off topic but I do want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas :unsmith:

Merry Christmas!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Tomm Hulett did nothing wrong.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Yeah, it's the same person.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

well, a minute and a half in and yeah, that's really stupid of him to do, what the gently caress was he thinking. was it the one video or has he done it a ton? If he's repented on it, or compensated for it, and never done it again, that's one thing. If he's unapologetic about it, then yeah, gently caress him.

I believe the best he ever did was admit to taking "heavy inspiration" from the video he plagiarised. He never apologised or even fully admitted fault.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

3v3 deathmatch was the real Overwatch mode.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

VoidBurger posted:

Yeah, I started a new channel for any video essay things I do because I figured someone who found me via the video essay would be dismayed to see that my hundreds of other videos are Let's Plays and streams and not much video essay stuff. Less rude to say "Hey, I also have a gaming channel with thousands of hours of stuff that isn't this." and just link it than make people wade through tons of vids in the vague hope that one of them is similar to the content they originally came for.

Also: Hi, everyone.

Welcome black! I'm glad your ban could be overturned.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

For a while I thought Tom Hooper and Tobe Hooper were the same person and I was really confused as to how the director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre could fall so far in his old age.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Now this is poggers.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

If it’s any consolation, my last name is two syllables and still gets mispronounced so much we just adopted the most common mispronunciation as the correct way.

:same: but for my given name.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Finally, Chocolate Rain can be heard the way it was always meant to.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

There's a Marvel television series coming out next week. I'm sure that will tide him over until Black Widow is finally released.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

But would you rather play Tetris over Skyrim??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :shepface:

Any day.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Flying Zamboni posted:

Sorry hold on a second are you saying that you lied about being a nurse or something to get the vaccine early?

I think what Goobusters is trying to say is that there is such a large number of vaccines going unused (and in danger of going bad) that they'll vaccinate anyone so long as they show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I hope Baked Alaska takes a plea deal and ends up ratting out all of his far-right friends, especially because it could give us a second round of these memes: