Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Terrible Opinions posted:

I don't think that. I don't even like most Snyder movies, I just think performative hostility to the idea of people who like it getting what they want is weird. Especially given that the stuff they like was legitimately harmed in one of the most extreme ways I can think of for a work of art, having Whedon added to it half way through production.

Don't forget that lot of scenes that featured Ray Fisher (who played Cyborg) and other actors of color were cut or reshot for the theatrical cut.

That's genuinely more upsetting to me than, like, not seeing Darkseid or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
D’Angelo Wallace put out an hour long about Blaire White being absolute garbage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4qvPouh1gE

It’s genuinely refreshing to see youtubers outside of the “breadtube” bubble call her out like this.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I guess they couldn’t monetize “That thing I did when I was younger was hosed up, I’m sorry.”

Edit: I forgot Coffin was nb. Genuinely sorry.

Equeen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 10, 2020

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Yhara zayd posted a video about Reefer Madness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPAyQFgNjI

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

I know this has nothing to do with your post, but Gwen is a woman.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

nine-gear crow posted:

Batman v. Superman does a great job of taking Man of Steel to task for its horrifying climax and showing what a disinterested, irresponsible sociopath Snyder's Superman is all without saying barely a word... and then it devolves into being Batman v. Superman, but still.

I can definitely see why someone would not like the conflicting tones in the ending of MoS.

I’m having trouble with “Superman did a bad job protecting the city in his fight with Zod, therefore he’s an emotionless sociopath who hates all life”, though.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Kim Justice posted:

A different bluetick to mock:

https://twitter.com/Casey/status/1333194058374602752

Man who makes fortune off the Internet thinks that actually its all bullshit and fighting in WW1 and 2 would be way better.

This is how out of touch with reality some big YouTubers are.

When I first saw this I was like, “Who’s this weirdo? The name’s vaguely familiar...”. Then I realized he’s some rich vlogger lol.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Ash Crimson posted:

we need to talk about the destruction of a content creator; the slow inevitable personality death that accompanies each and every single person as their fanbase demands more and more of their humanity

yeah there's a niche of youtubers who literally eat themselves to death for money.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

McCloud posted:

I think I've seen his pathologic video 3 times, despite not giving a hoot about the game personally, it's just that good a video

that video replaced hbomb's sherlock video as the go-to "long-rear end hbomberguy video to relax and chill to" youtube background noise for me.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Yeah I’m not crying over a loving military drone being destroyed

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Pants Donkey posted:

There is no way in hell the original Snyder cut was going to be anything like this. It’s doubled in length and has the benefit of several years of hindsight.

Acting like THIS film is what Whedon and the studio denied us is pretty unfair to Whedon.

No, I will not be fair to the racist sex creep and his enablers.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SteelMentor posted:

All this time and all this hype and all this evangelising from his fans and it's still a medicore superhero blockbuster, just with baby's first art film filter and 2 and a half hours too longer.

Holy poo poo it feels like my brain is being warped inside out seeing people spaff themselves silly over it.

Deffo a weaker episode from Quentin but holy hell Chills is just a singularity of punchability.

I didn’t expect the movie to be a masterpiece, the real justice (ha) for me was watching a version of the movie that wasn’t an incompetent, racist, and sexist hack job.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
It can't be overstated that along with gross sexism, there was a near complete removal of PoC in the Whedon cut.

edit: lol great snipe

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

DeafNote posted:

Sounds about right.

Btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNvqjCtzfXw

Who the hell is Fred Figglehorn?
I guess I am about to find out. (Quinton is drat lucky that I need some background noise for my current Nier Replicant grinding/farming sessions, because 200 minutes what the gently caress)

3 AND A HALF HOURS, QUINTON???!!!

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I may put the iCarly video on as background noise, but I can't understand how you can get 4 hours of content out of iCarly of all things. Jenny Nicholson was able to squeeze an analysis of The Vampire Diaries into 2 hours, couldn't Quinton at least try to do something similar?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
it was a iconic scene in a movie filled with them

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SteelMentor posted:

Owns that somewhere along the way we took the concept of enjoying something in spite of it being bad and convinced ourselves "no, this is actually good and you're too stupid to get it".

I hate this type of thinking. I don't have an ulterior motive for liking something lol.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Maybe it's because I'm also a woman of color, but the hostile response bushism.txt is getting seems really disproportional. Like of course you can disagree with her, and I'll admit she could be making her points better. But Jesus Christ, are we really gonna pretend Ellis is just some obscure nobody with no audience? All to own a goon for daring to say that the well-off, white media critic should have put more thought into one small instance of media criticism?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://twitter.com/Phelous/status/1433490304095735815?s=20

:unsmith:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MonsieurChoc posted:

That Cat Valentine video is better than the Quinton iCarly video.

Absolutely baffling to me that Quinton didn’t use Jenny Nicholson’s The Vampire Diaries video as a blueprint for his iCarly videos.

I feel doing dry recaps of nearly every episode instead of focusing on a few talking points (characters, reoccurring themes, problematic poo poo that didn’t age well, etc.) is creating more work for yourself and your editor.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

egg tats posted:

btw for all the people who don't want to watch quinton's victorious video (which, fair) he's MUCH harsher on this show than iCarly. He's still not talking about Dan Schneider, but he's not failing to point out how gross and fetishy like every episode is. It's shocking how bad it is, every writer on this show deserves prison for 10,000 years.

The episode where the puppet character was a massive creep to the actresses made my skin crawl. I was like, “This has be a self insert of Schneider, right?”

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
New video from F.D Signifier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41B5YonixBs

It’s kind of a bummer that Kat Blaque did a similar video a few years ago, and there’s still a disconnect between Black leftist video creators and the mostly white Breadtube audience.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Very cool that a trans woman was harassed into detransitioning because she committed the horrible of using an ironic title.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

RareAcumen posted:

Found it again!

What an entitled, spiteful prick.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djnih9pLLpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_nR-wfLXw

Here's a two-for. Big Money Salvia did a video making fun of everyone getting mad about how Amazon's making a Lord of the Rings show with women and black people in it, and then did a follow up video making fun of the King of the Chuds for getting mad about the video making fun of how mad people like him got over all the women and black people in the Amazon Lord of the Rings show.

It's 50 minutes long, so that means Carl probably watched about a tenth of it, the media illiterate rear end pimple he is.

I’m watching the second video right now, and goddamn time just slows to a crawl when Carl talks.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Solitair posted:

Speaking of Mother's Basement, he found a really interesting bad anime to do an autopsy on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAK01s80jus

Very disappointed that he didn’t bring these pages from the manga:
https://twitter.com/lossthief/status/1486452723772010502?s=21&t=yzQcaEYwVvJmGNdpZcwM4Q

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
A really good article by Kat Blaque reflecting on a… messy drama with Vaush: https://blaqueinthecity.com/2022/04/11/vaush/

Kat has been making lefty YouTube videos before Breadtube was a thing, but it’s so frustrating to see her continually be dismissed, if not outright smeared, by the (mostly) white audience who consume similar content by white creators.

Debate bros like Vaush and Xanderhal can be as edgy and insulting as they want, but the second a black trans woman stands up for herself, she’s labeled a sexual harasser for making a dumb crack about unimpressive white dick.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

The white dad was so loving insufferable and casually racist despite seeing himself as “open-minded”. Like if he was an actor then he did a great job playing the stereotypical white liberal.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

KingKalamari posted:

Yes, almost like my bringing it up was a rhetorical exercise to support my original point of explaining why everyone groans and rolls their eyes whenever Snyder stans show up.

Maybe discussion around Snyder would be better if this thread doesn’t get so loving insufferable whenever anyone explains why they like his movies.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

BrianWilly posted:

lmfao not Snyder's cult gangpiling yet another loving SA thread a-loving-gain and then acting oppressed when nobody likes this, again

This is the poo poo I’m talking about! A few posters say they disagree with some of the criticism Snyder gets, and get called a loving cult. Do you think people would not get annoyed by that?

Listen, I have seen my fair share of annoying Snyder fans, but as an actual minority, I can confidently say the goons doing the slightest bit of pushback against common Snyder complaints are not acting like they’re oppressed; it could just get pretty tiring to have the worst traits a person can have ascribed to you because of a few comic book movies lol.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

I don’t doubt Dunkey’s sincerity in this video, but as someone with zero knowledge and experience in game development, even I know it takes a lot more than “I play a lot of video games and can point out the good ones!” to be a decent publisher.

Best of luck to him, though.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Fil5000 posted:

That red dress lady losing her poo poo and trying to involve a regular guest was some hosed up poo poo.

Guests trauma-dumping on the actors was pretty bad, too.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Amateur hour

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

emgeejay posted:

Schaffrillas makes countdown/review videos on DreamWorks animation, Disney movies and so on. Surface-level stuff, but they're just kids. I'll admit to loading up their content occasionally to check the temperature on e.g. which Kung Fu Panda movie is considered the "good" one among Gen Z nerds. Low-stakes dishwashing entertainment.

This sucks:
https://twitter.com/perfectcutpoop/status/1620145308029325314?s=61&t=kvStkcDnrWhIW7QJ8AGYGw

So awful :(

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Rockit posted:

https://youtu.be/hZhNbF88Vok

Finally some good video on this topic to go with Jessie's. This actually goes places i didn't expect and was quite persuasive.

Yeah, it’s a long video, but it’s perfectly verbalized my feelings on the constant drama and slap fights among “LeftTube” and political streamers.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I’m surprised no brought up the A Series of Unfortunate Events books yet. I liked its kinda dark tone, but its theme of “Life is hard, most of authority figures in your life are dumb, evil, or unreliable, and you gotta relay on your skills and love ones to get through poo poo” is much more relevant today than… whatever the gently caress Harry Potter was trying to say lol.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Snuff Melange posted:

This "unalive" talk in reaction to Youtube's demonetization practices is absolutely killing me.

On one hand, I get that this is people's livelihood and careers and so on, but on the other, it feels a bit disrespectful when you're employing corny euphemisms or saying real life deceased individuals "died...in minecraft" or whatever.

Ultimately I blame Youtube not the creators but jeeze I hate this new trend.

This, including “grape” for rape.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

RareAcumen posted:

Hell yeah, trick kids into making retail employees' job easier for them. They deserve it with all the psychopaths spitting at them during the initial COVID outbreak.

lmao you really think a bunch of kids will know how to properly arrange shelves at their local Walmart?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Bar Crow posted:

Many games would be improved by having the player character decide to do things inside of having another character tell the player character to do things.

Basically Persona 4 vs Persona 5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I finally watched the Snapewives video, and I gotta say I was with her until the end.
I just have absolutely no idea what that was about.

Yeah, there’s absolutely an argument to be made about going overboard when gawking at weird, but harmless, people online. But let’s not pretend “women thinking they’re married to the mean teacher in a children’s book series” isn’t a funny phenomenon lol.