Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

In the last version of this thread (I think) I posted a video I made about Diaclone, a transformers-related brand of Japanese robot toys. I've now made my second video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyUpWBDQw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

stillvisions posted:

I think that's the eternal problem with mysteries - the deeper the mystery hole the writers put the show in, the harder it is to climb out.

JJ Abrams just took the Ponzi scheme ethos to paying off mysteries - answer each mystery with two more and you never have to solve anything until your audience calls bullshit and it all collapses.

If you write a mystery without knowing the solution first you are a clown IMO.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uh_z_LpV1Y

This is what a person who was never given given the ability to experience art looks like.

Was really expecting this to be a link to Nostalgia Critic's The Wall.

Droyer fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 14, 2021

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

Kotaku doesn't even give review scores

The one good decision they've made.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Popping in to say that i play a gacha game and i think it's fun and not just cause of the cute girls (sometimes the boys are also cute).

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I started the space train one recently and honestly the writing is genuinely charming and interesting in the side content and setting writing. Some actual laughs as well.

The main quest writing is just kind of existing which sucks because there's a lot of potential that the side quests barely dig into.

Spent 0 dollars on it tho. Just pull better.

I'm playing granblue and i like the main plot but early on it's very obvious they felt they had to have a fight after every story segment cause a lot of scenes end with "I'll tell you after we defeat these monsters!" and then the next scene picks up as though nothing happened. They stop that after not too long though, thankfully.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Weird Sandwich posted:

The article is right you should feel embarrassed playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Being embarrassed about your hobbies is some fail poo poo and XB2 owns.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ariong posted:

No, and in fact this is the first time in my entire life I’ve ever heard of this game. I’m convinced that new dramas sometimes retroactively appear within the timeline just to baffle me.

Eizouken is an anime, not a game, which may be why you've not heard of it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Punchy discusses a delightfully silly Dreamcast horror game with some absolutely bizarre design decisions like a puzzle that's entirely just "wait around while an offscreen character solves the puzzle for you". It's unreal how many silly horror games were on the Dreamcast, I'd never even heard of this one! I need to check if Punchy's other videos are as fun as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtK6BuuKjeg

E: lmfao if you spend 18 hours beating this 4 hour game the guy you're trying to rescue dies for no reason and you lose, this game rules, why did they do that

I really like his Loop8 video for a far more recent absolutely bizarre and awful game. In other news: Ashens doing a presentation on some of the worst point and click puzzles ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7nk_Apf35A

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

dont discuss pokemon online, nor read pokemon discussions online, unless its about cute fanart.

Agreed, here is a cute fanart:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

They thought Chris Chibnall was ready to make that Christmas special and he was like at the very last moment "no I'm not ready I need a whole other year". He started making the show significantly worse before he even took over. The result is a totally unnecessary coda to a character arc that came to an excellent conclusion in the prior story.

Sometimes when a creative team makes a completely baffling stupid unjustifiable decision you have to look at the circumstances and say "actually it's pretty unlikely that talented professional people completely shat the bed in a totally avoidable way because of their own stupid unthinkable incompetence. Maybe there were some factors here that were outside their control."

Sure but if the end result is poo poo it's still poo poo. If I think a tv show is bad that isn't some kind of indictment of the people who made it. They may have been the most talented people in the world who got given a poo poo hand, or they may have been incompetent buffoons, but the actual product is bad regardless, and that is what I am judging.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I've thought Jello sucked ever since he did those short videos where he wildly misinterpreted what he was talking about, while framing it as a comedic introduction for new people.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Why do you all know so much about this?

Crazy that people would know about online creators in this, the online creators thread.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

People are free to watch and look at whatever they want just dont have to tell everyone about it. Its like announcing to the room every time you have to take a poo poo

Every time I go to the bathroom I yell "TIME TO TAKE A BIG, FAT, STINKY poo poo" as loudly as possible.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in suicide squad kill the justice league when you kill the flash captain boomerang, a flash suppervillain who uses boomerangs, tries to piss on the Flash's corpse

Big fan of the implication that he does not succeed

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My supervillain origin story is i have urinary rentension

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

This is probably a 'I don't know how to teach you emotions' moment but I don't know how people can be a fan of comic books, have like one to three dozen examples of weird comic book stories they can pull out at the drop of a hat like this and still be mad at this situation. It'll turn out that the last Batman was an evil clone, or a robot or from an alternate universe or something. It's Batman, there's not going to be a last story and even with Star Wars putting in Rise of Skywalker info into Fortnite, that's still not the way that they'd go about distributing the info!

That's like if Nintendo decided to announce they're no longer making any more Mario games by putting the messages on the bottom of ramen bowls in locally owned restaurants on the outskirts of Kyoto!

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you here, but it sounds like you think people are saying this is the death of the character of Batman altogether? This isn't what anyone believes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

imagine if, idk, the mcu ended and then 6 years later they made a new mcu movie where a bunch of z-list villains take turns pissing on iron man and captain america's graves for 2 hours.

I'm imagining the first good MCU movie

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Some of Command's endings are so stupid it really elevates the game. Krystal leaves forever and changes her name to Kursed.

Droyer fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 26, 2024

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

the ending where falco and fox become f-zero racers

Another ending where Krystal leaves forever! Really feels like the writer had it in for her.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

World's fastest man, Usanian Bolt

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

cumpantry posted:

when you laugh but they don't, do you feel stupid?

No, I feel like they are stupid.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Here’s a reaction video that makes me both laugh and feel sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzk5UuyjTg

This became less fun for me after i learned this guy (the cook not the guy reacting) almost murdered his teenage son.
Also unrelated but ManlyBadassHero is pretty good but I wish he'd shorten his video titles, half the time they sound like insane rambling.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fondly remembering DSP failing to pour water into instant ramen.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The people who think the Mandela effect is evidence of some alternate reality are obviously morons but I do think there's something interesting psychologically when a lot of people misremember something the same way independent of each other.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

euroshopper posted:

media ppl love saying that gamergate caused trump which is wrong. what's actually true is that gamergate caused elon's twitter purchase. this isn't a joke btw

Hey remember when you said you were just gonna lurk in this thread?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thanks to the GBS scary youtube video thread (where I side eye half of the posts that go "oh NEXPO is SO GOOD") I've binged through the Q Fake Documentary channel's stuff, a channel that makes their own found footage stuff. It's generally hit or miss for me, since some of them are very much "is there something spooky or weird? We'll never know!"

Basement is imo one of its better ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aiv7L34WcQ

Film Inferno has a "we'll never know!" quality but I enjoy the worst beach cave of Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPbLqadKTU

incidentally, if you're interested in old Japanese horror films and games: Sweet Home, the movie adaptation of the pre-Resident Evil survival horror game on the NES was given a remaster and put up on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akh3_JGlkvA

i haven't caught up on Q but in general I think they got better as they went along. A lot of the early episodes are just pretty standard horror stories without any interesting spin. The first episode is especially bad about it cause they mention Ringu in the episode and then don't have any kind of twist to the video tape that kills you.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

Yep, I've seen a few kids shows use this gag where they do a run of excessive bleeps to indicate a character is really angry and kids love it because they know bleep means bad word. Also the unnecessary censorship gags where people can bleep out certain words to make stuff sound dirtier than it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6bXewTQpU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

TBF in reality shows and other unscripted programming the people making it don't necessarily have control over what people say.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

KingKalamari posted:

So apparently Wednigoon, the dumbest boy on Youtube and guy who claimed to have been the founder of the Boogaloo Boys for some reason(?), released a video on the Ruby Ridge incident. I am morbidly curious at how much of a trainwreck this video is...

Late on this but, is there a reason wendigoon is the dumbest boy on youtube? From what I've seen he just seems like a subpar ARG-explainer youtuber.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo if Palworld stole from Pokemon or not. The Pokemon Company is a multi-bajillion dollar media titan that is going to continue to sell games and toys and cards and rake in money hand over fist regardless of whether some guys put knock-off pokemon in their cursed runes game or not. The amount of emotionally-charged discourse over this topic has been absolutely loving asinine, what is wrong with Pokemon fans.

They're the exact same kind of people as Disney adults.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the future of pokemon should be, the next game should have more mechanics involving the bit where you can pet the pokemon in first person

Crazy they never made like, nintendogs but pokemon. Would sell insane amounts.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

The original Pokemon designs that are universally beloved and held up by boomers as the good, pure designs before they were ruined by sandcastles and keys were like... here's a rat. Here's a pigeon. Here's a group of sentient eggs.

Pearl clutching over the later designs somehow being less imaginative is hilarious.

Normal has always been the most boring pokemon type. The others are like "here's a dog except it's on fire" while normal is "here's a dog except it's a dog."

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I remember reading his LPs via "filter posts from this user" and the only personal info I remember coming up was "he has kids" and a vague sense that he was ex-military, like some sort of offhand "update's going to be late today, the line at the VA office was long" kinds of comments where you don't know what they actually did but they're in that system somewhere

I'm not going to re-read all of the old LPs to, you know, confirm that, but that's all I remember my takeaways at the time being

You'll be glad to know the kids also don't exist.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Equeen posted:

Maybe a weird over-correction from dealing with annoying weaboos?

Worst case scenario is just plain racism.

It's racism either way OP

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

mystes posted:

Do you also think it's racism when people complain about sexualization of minors in anime?

Yes because they should be celebrating all the smoking hot MILFs in anime instead.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I remember someone here liking Punchy's video on a weird dreamcast resident evil clone, so here's a Punchy video about a weird game he actually likes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByHSkEe4SPM

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the intersection between art and politics is nearly impossible to talk about sensibly online but it goes back a long time lol.

ive been on classical music boards and you do not know how often people who talk about not liking music made after the 1920s or so quickly pivot into "degenerate culture" talking points

That's kind of inevitable I think. If you choose a specific time after which new music (or film or literature etc) is not worth listening to you are implicitly saying culture has declined.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

ok, space patrol luluco is trigger's best show

I like the gridman franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

i need to watch gridman and dynazenon but it's like. two series on an already absurdly tall pile of series i have yet to watch

Also the movie (which is good fite me irl)