Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2te_cZ229Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I love that goons notice the lack of grumpy grandma squirrel while the rest of the internet is unironically throwing a sprocket over the lack of Hello Nurse

The reverse gag the new show did was pretty funny though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No? Sherri Stoner is 61.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 25, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kibayasu posted:

The only thing I remember with any clarity about Aunt Slappy is Who’s on Stage but that’s enough to warrant a spot :colbert:

No Aunt Slappy, The Band is playing later!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So a Devil May Cry movie. He could cross over with Bayonetta for the avengers team up film.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They did make the PG13 cut of Deadpool 2 with cutaways where Deadpool was holding Fred Savage hostage and reading to him Princess Bride style.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I keep getting recommended videos by The Quartering about how The Mandalorian triggers SJWs and Kathleen Kennedy is totally gonna get fired from Disney. I've hit ignore multiple times and told youtube to stop recommending me his garbage but he keeps popping up. Anyone got a firefox extension to block specific channels? I've given up on my phone youtube app doing its job right but at least I can get some utility out of my desktop browser.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 29, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdQsVutIsM

I missed this Bennett episode from October. Always nice to see Rik Nagel the best/worst dub voice actor of the 90s schlock scene.

And he had a new episode out today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uiMUAqxrqM

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bonaventure posted:

it was also the funniest part of History of the World Part I, excepting the Inquisition obviously

Still second fiddle to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

D&D sucks and is full of liberals who will tell you why genocide is justified when a Democrat does it.

If it means deposing of racist murderers like several Canadian provincial premiers and throwing their corpses in a ditch then I'm all for political genocide. gently caress the ruling class willingly killing their citizens for the sake of profit margins.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Theres more than one genocide being advocated in D&D right now and my personal one is calling for the exile and systemic persecution of the Canadian political ruling class and their systemic efforts to gently caress over and kill everyone in the provinces.

But I'm getting off track. One of our premiers was complaining today that First Nations indigenous communities getting the vaccine before the racist whites who voted him into office was unfair to his poor little province and it had flipped my already bad mood today. I'll stop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bonaventure posted:

this website has calibrated the ratio of chemicals in my brain such that i think it's good to post my righteous murder fantasies in the Jenny Nicholson and Townsends thread

Precisely! It's a magnet for all sorts of discussions that have no bearing on one another and establishes arbitrary definitions of appropriate talking points.

But anyways, I said I'd stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkdR_Ik7FcI
Here's Daniel Greene talking about Ready Player Two instead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm having no luck searching on my own and the animation thread in TV IV is bone silent now.

I can't remember if it was confirmed that the second season of Animaniacs was going to bring back a chunk of the old cast or not, did I just convince myself that that was going to happen or is it actually for real?

Well chicken boo tried to get rid of all of them this season because he was sick of being on the bottom tier of everyone's favourite animaniacs segment list.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jimbot posted:

I have to give that show a watch. By all accounts it's really good. I grew up with the original, so I was pensive about them making another series.

The three mains fall back into their roles like they never left. There's some dated references in there but the new writers are pretty self aware and treat it as cringe. Yakko is in top form.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Seth Meyers joke was so on point that I'll forgive a lot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
EDIT

Actually no, this ain't worth mentioning. Be well, internet peoples, delete twitter and look after your mental health.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 8, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaSF3YyqLfE

Raycevick talks about the reasons why game file sizes are insanely large, and surprise, major pushers for them being so big come down to anti consumer practices.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Aef0SArYM

SF Debris is going for a New Vegas run.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Groovelord Neato posted:

I love the reactionaries whining about game reviews when the real travesty is one of the all time greatest games (New Vegas) ended up with an 84 on metacritic mostly due to bugs screwing Obsidian out of a bonus mostly when this game is buggy to the point people are calling it unfinished and currently sits at 90.

Go watch the video I just posted an hour ago. The narrative around the metacritic thing got built up but it was never an intentional attempt at loving over Obsidian.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fearfully symmetrical

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They made a sequel?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kevin Smith or Patrick Willems?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kim Justice posted:

I remember my one real reaction with him. Someone asked for recs in like the lore/fantasy department and I recommended a decent fella I know called 40K Theories who does all that sort of thing for Warhammer (I don't know much but he's a good fella and we've collabed previously). BOTL immediately came in to scoff and look down at me for liking this grognard poo poo or whatever.

What a oval office.

Man who could hate on 40K Theories? Where else would we get bird skull cyberdongs?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eqS3U6VEDY

Goddamn, when Sage finds a crazy production story he delivers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Violet_Sky posted:

Richard III is Tudor propaganda.

We all know that Richard Duke of York grew up to be a big strong boy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

fun hater posted:

shakespeare i think is a bit obtuse to teach to anyone just by reading it. it's meant to be performed and when it's taught only by reading or writing about it it's missing an enormous chunk of the theater experience. the context the actor is bringing to the audience to help them make sense of the words being spoken is vital! its key!

So what you're saying is the play's the thing?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I guess I'm lucky I got good creating writing classes. We needed portfolio submissions to be considered for the classes so there were 18 people max and the feedback from the prof and the other classmates was great. It does seem like a crapshoot for how well courses are run.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This thread is not healthy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It used to be before every new entry in the thread had to get peer reviewed to make sure the content creator wasn't an awful person because otherwise we'd get derails lasting for pages explaining exactly why X person is awful. Instead we get page long derails of debate about whether x person is awful or passes the purity test.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean it's happened enough times in this thread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm still waiting for his Vermintide 2 video.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The best Santa movie is the one where Spanish Santa fights Satan and he has children from all over the world making toys in his cloud sweatshop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

achillesforever6 posted:

It's amazing how it just barely scratches the surface of NV; it doesn't even go over the DLC (which unfortunately have too much involvement from Avellone)

Regardless of Avellone's personal shittiness, the DLCs are all fascinating in their own ways and the debates will never ever end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well that's the Bethesda aesthetic and Obsidian didn't have the time to make all new assets of the Adobe sandstone buildings that the NCR is known for.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And then I went on a vacation to Zion with a pair of Mormon extremists to hunt radioactive grizzly bears.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Farm Frenzy posted:

I really like the dlcs because its all messy little personal stories that never quite resolve while the main campaign is all big decisive geopolitics. lonesome road in particular is basically just a guy trying to make you stop and think about how youve been forest gumping through world history without a care for the last 100 hours

I mean thats what Ulysses wants you to think but he's also a brokebrained weirdo who is more obsessed with the application of symbols rather than the meaning behind them projecting his insane biases on you because he thinks you're responsible for his own misfortunes. He's eloquent but he's not playing with a full deck and you can reject his nonsense or play it against him if you want to. The game never forces you to believe a word he says, which I appreciate. Its pretty clearly Avellone trying to project his worldview onto the player but Obsidian was nice enough to let you kill everyone in New Vegas if you dont agree with them or their word salad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Casey Finnigan posted:

Fallout 3 and New Vegas including only like five songs total ended up becoming kind of a brilliant choice because now I know every one of them by heart and they are extremely evocative of the games.

Play it again, Johnny Guitar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do enjoy looking back at the initial hyperbolic reviews for Bethesda games. One of my favorite lines was from the GameSpot review of Skyrim where the video said that the sidequest chains would have been full campaigns in less ambitious titles.

I mean I know it took dealing with the Fallout 76 disaster before reviewers turned on Bethesda but holy poo poo that line stuck with me on the bullshit scale.

I really, really hope that we get to a point where the backlash against releasing unfinished games causes publishers to step back and reassess game launch methodology. But who am I kidding. No Man's Sky didn't stop it, Fallout 76 didn't stop it and Cyberpunk definitely won't stop it. We'll keep getting unfinished games sold to us at $80 price tags until our standards are lowered even further and the price jumps again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Curiosity Stream is the newer service that some creators have been posting to, right? How stingy are they with algorithms and copyright abuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Civvie bringing out the Cancer Mouse voice for Hbomb's video.