Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

muscles like this! posted:

Alien was supposed to get a cartoon but it fell through some time after the toys had already been designed so they just put them out.

There was that alien cartoon by Disney in the 90s but it only ran for a few episodes before it was cancelled.

https://i.imgur.com/hMHhfG3.mp4

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Inspector Gesicht posted:

You'd think they'd build an actual underwater ride in an aquatic theme-park, but that idea just escaped the engineers.

I like the idea that they ran out of money after finishing the carts. But even early concept didn't have it go under water.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

These things are horrifying. What are these?

Clickity clacky mouth sounds that feel like a drill in my head.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

the way revengeance uses music is something every game should aspire to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzw3pR6-bO8&hd=1

Wow Metal Gears are kind of garbage :v:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's been a few decades since I played MGS 1 (the last one I played)

Wasn't the whole plot that while Liquid was attacking Solid with Hind missiles. That if Solid had died their entire plan would have fallen apart? That they needed him to activate the nukes?

I thought about that as I went from one murder room to another.

Also that besides the silenced pistol. The other weapons all exist for one. Maybe two niche uses but have no other use. Because firing any one of them causes all the doors to lock until you hide behind a box for a minute and behave yourself.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Bring back 6,3 and 200 pound Samus.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I didn't really appreciate Mr-X because he would get in the way of puzzles. So I had to kite him to the other side of the building and then run back and continue them.

Once you figured out his "spawns" you could cheese it by collecting and doing everything possible before activating him. Which would then shift him all the way to the other side of the difficulty spectrum.

I didn't really understand what the game wanted me to do with lickers. The game makes a big thing out of sneaking around them and it's genuinely thrilling to pull off. You also save a ton of ammo in a game where you need every bullet.

Then it puts Mr-X on your tail and now you have to kill every single licker you snuck around or fight them and Mr-X together

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What did Shoe and Vaush do today?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Dawgstar posted:

There's that picture of Cage just beaming sitting between Page and Defoe who look like they would rather be anywhere else that makes a lot more sense in hindsight.

I googled this and it's not just A picture. It's all pictures where they're in a room together.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Apropos of nothing. Does anyone know what Izzzyzzz's accent is?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kiwi if I remember right. Been awhile since I watched one.

That's pretty neat. I thought it was some form of regional Irish but it sounds really peculiar.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

MiddleOne posted:

7. Guys stop conflating untaxed business income with what you net on your salary, that's not how any of this works on any part of the planet

This cannot be stated enough.

I think maybe half of someone Patreon earnings is comparable to a regular income. Maybe. Even then probably before tax if they pay for stuff like health insurance with their business.

I used to run a small business in Europe and while I was billing around 2000 euros a week. I have never been so poor personally in my entire life.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Libluini posted:

Eh, everyone has something they really hate. In my case, it's doing the dishes. I'm always suffering like a martyr whenever I have to clean my dishes

and garden work

every time I look at our garden, I shudder internally at the thought I may have to do something one day (right now the moss is only ca. 5 cm thick, so I think I still have a couple years before it reaches my windows)

The moss conquered the grass around my garage. It's now way softer to walk on barefoot and I only have to cut it once a month instead of every week.

Submit to the moss.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's been well established by numerous countries that gambling mechanics in games is absolutely harmful to children.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Saving the little sisters got you some Adam and then they left gifts for you that ended up being more rewarding in total than killing them. There was no moral conundrum at all.

Saving them should have given you zero Adam and made the game way more difficult as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

KingKalamari posted:

I think a much better example of the concept is the first Uncharted game: Where the game's story, and especially its cutscenes, present Drake as a scrappy, lovable rogue who mostly escapes conflicts through his wits and luck, while the gameplay has you mowing down enemy mooks by the dozens and making quips while you snap their necks in close combat.

See also the Tombraider remake and.... Every anime game ever haha.