Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I've always collected things. It helps me relate in a healthy manner to my income by giving me realistic goals to set. Right now Im collecting vinyl records. In the past I collected Pokemon (copyright of Gamefreak and Nintendo) cards. And also state quarters. I also collected Mighty Beans in the early 2000s.

My question is a simple one. What do you collect and how does it give you joy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Retro video games. I used to have a lot of them but some of them I sold and others ended up getting water damaged :(

I still have a number of SNES and PS1 games. It's fun to try and hunt down the rarer titles for a reasonable price but I haven't bought any over the last year or so because lol at some of the prices people are asking for.

I had Earthbound for the SNES. Bought it on eBay in 2007 for $40. Sold it for like 50 a few years later, only now to find it's going for like 200 these days. Collecting then selling my video game collection was a huge regret.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I think you mean you regret not waiting to sell them.

I sold Waterworld for the Virtual Boy for like $60 because I figured the price was at its peak lol

At this point I would have kept it, just because it's overall a great game.

I could order a reproduction but it's probably made with cheaper parts and wouldn't be as good of quality.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

gary oldmans diary posted:

i bought a zz plant years ago and have watered it like 10 times since then. it has thrived and i now have original and 3 of its clones split from it

I have a spider plant and and it refuses to stop having babies. And now I have a room full of spider plants. That's my story.