Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

End of Shoelace posted:

Also, he debated ultra-Marxist Slavoj Zizek about capitalism and communism, and he prepared by reading the Communist Manifesto lmao

This was from the first page but Zizek vs Peterson advertised with this WWE Smackdown levels of hype with, uh, 200 USD tickets to see and basically the most wet fart thing ever with Peterson clearly not even on the same area code with Zizek when it comes to knowledge and overall debate skills. I think it was the beginning of his fall, being faced with the reality and getting curbstomped by an angry Slovakian badger live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Ngl I'd smash Peterson's daughter and eat steak with her.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Speaking of, who is a more toxic influence upon the world, kermitman or Rogan? I'm inching towards the latter because you kind of have to be a brain-dead conservative type to buy into the former wholesale imo

Rogan, by far. I'm pretty sure the peak of Jorp is long gone and kinda contained to a 1-2 year period but Rogan being doing this forever and will probably do forever. Hosting Bshap twice (more?) alone should tell you that he is infinitely worse.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

You should cite your resources for further academic research, OP. :colbert:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I watched his comeback video and he seems like destroyed physically and mentally.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Grevling posted:

Sexually though?

You cannot destroy a god.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

I didn't read this thread, as per the Goon tradition,

So can someone please inform me why Jordan Peterson is a devil

His BBC and GQ interviews created the rash of "X DESTROYS Y WITH FACTS" videos on youtube which is like cyber herpes once you get it by watching people calling him out. I watch Contrapoints' Jordan Peterson video once every month and my feed is populated by actual jorp content the next day.

E;FB like Jorp getting beat up by his daughter.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

300+ posts in the Jorp thread? :stare:

Ironically, the best Jorp content is others calling him out including Zizek or Contrapoints.

One of the most :thunk: hot take Jorp has is "Don't let your children do things you'll hate them for" is a whole can of worms if you think more than one millisecond about it.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 23, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

"Thank you, Captain Obvious of the "Look! A Bridge." company" takes by Jorp: Clean your room, have goals in life, fix your posture, pet a cat in the street (watch for rabies tho).

:thunk: takes by Jorp: Don't let you kids have their own identity or choices if it's an inconvenience to you, you MUST have kids to win at life otherwise your existence is meaningless, Western culture is the ONLY culture that is good.

:stare: takes by Jorp: Wage gap doesn't exist, marginalized groups are a bunch of victim complex crybabies, everything else linked/mentioned in this thread.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I once had a manager, who was literally a crazy person, and he constantly talked about those mysterious Russian treatments and "health gurus" that will heal you by cosmic energy or some super sekrit OC donut steal Soviet era treatment and swore that he totes he was cured of his chronic illnesses while looking like a walking bag of saggy flesh and weak bones. Jorp going to Russia for "treatment" gave me the same vibes after seeing his return video.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_Lzo4S8lA

1:10

Reporter: When you walk in town and get approached by the fans...
Badger Dad: What do you mean by fans? People hate me.

Simply the best.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

My lobster have u tried lsd

This will never be not funny and I chuckle each time I remember the original post.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There is an important facet of Jordan Peterson's life that I feel we must all acknowledge in these trying times. He is a tenured professor at the University of Toronto, and, to my knowledge, he was not tenured on his merits as the "intellectual" face of white supremacy. So he must have done something to earn a doctorate and a professorate. I lack the background to judge the quality of his publications myself, but I have been told by multiple sources that his early work is actually quite good. So what was the field of study at which mr. Peterson excelled, and why is it worth bringing up? Because he earned his doctorate for his work on clinical treatment of addiction.

I don't think it's in the best taste to make fun of addicts, no matter how repugnant they are as people. Jordan Peterson, however, literally earned his position and platform for being an authority on the physiological aspects of addiction, and still decided he could just quit benzos cold turkey like it's no big deal. He was better equipped than anyone to avoid spending the previous year going in and out of medical comas and being carted around shady Russian hospitals.

I am curious about the involvement of the daughter in all these, especially the Soviet magic treatment trip. Again, my insane manager was so into that stuff and he literally looked like a sectoid from X-com 2 and smelled like death. He claimed that he visited a Russian bio-healer that cured him when he was working in Russia. The same guy also paid an online fortune teller, which literally sent him 37 pages long copy-pasted templates for 50 USD a pop while not even checking that the last guy's name still in the "reading".

I mean, going to Russia for treatment while being a rich and famous Canadian citizen is some massive :psyduck:. I literally typed "what the hell happened to Jordan Peterson" on Google and directed to a news article which also directed to the video of daughter declaring his father's health situation in lingerie while calling him Jordan, like, wtf?

Also, lmao at this interview bit:

quote:

"What was your dad like as a parent?

Well, debate was a big part of life. If I wanted to go do something that my parents didn’t necessarily agree with, we’d have to have a deep negotiation about it. I don’t know how abnormal that is. I remember with my first serious boyfriend—I was 15, in grade 10—and he came into the living room, and my parents were both sitting there. They asked him, “Why are you dating our daughter?” And then a whole bunch of followup questions, including “Are you in love with Mikhaila?” Then, to me, “And why do you think this is a good idea?” At the end, they turned to me and said, “Okay, as long as you’ve thought this through, that’s fine.”

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Re: Algorithm

It's not even the chud videos. If I watch a Thought Slime or Contrapoints video outing chuds, I end up with Jorp or The Golden One videos as well as "Ben Shapiro OBLITERATES a libcuck with FACTS" videos.

Only by watching endless "Italian chef reacts to Carbonara videos" I can reset the cycle.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I have a Chaos Dragon...in my pants :boom:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I regret to inform you all that Jordan Peterson has perished, the service will be at eleven AM at the local Arbys.

Fake news because Arbys serve their meat with evil carbs and, *visible revulsion* , vegetables therefore not suitable for Dr Peterson's daughters needs.

I mean, only if they let me cook the raw steak I carry with me on their grill, I guess.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Page 24 Reminder: I'd still haev sex with Jorp daughter while Jorp asks me if I love her from his WH40k Golden Throne using a text to speech.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Imagine getting called out by Joe "Man, that's really interesting" Rogan.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

That chart looks like a drawing of USS Enterprise.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The best stuff to came out if Jorgan is Dal Bilzerian claiming that he won 51 million dollars in one poker game (or was it a year, idk?).

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

runnypoops posted:

lol 30 minute videos about dorks by dorks for dorks

I was grossly underestimating how much Youtube videos made per view, apparently, it's like up to 5000 freedom buckaroos per 1 million views. I was thinking like in the range of hundreds. Jorp is technically a job creator since video dunking on him gather easily 2+ mil views and add that sweet sweet Patreon money on top and you got some good gravy train going on.

Hence why there are more and more "dunking" videos crop up the moment people like Jorp or Dan Bilzerian do something.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Mrs. Dash posted:

This dude pays to make his stuff show up for everyone on Snapchat and it's hilarious because last year it was just the usual stuff of him working out and partying with models but lately, its a bunch of snaps of him saying his company is doing great, not broke, very legal, and very cool.

Lmao, yeah the whole Ignite thing is basically a money laundering/investor embezzlement orchestrated by the Daddy Bilz. "I fired my last Director of the Board, he was doing a poo poo job and not good but the new guy [some hapless rando scapegoat to be thrown into the lions when wire fraud and many other cases pile up] is amazing" is surely inspire confidence in dumb idiots invested in a legalized weed company tanking in sales during the whole world is stuck at home depressed out of the minds and looking for a mental break.

Out of curiosity, I checked out the major bread tube/left tube people's patreons. For obvious reasons their total income is not openly listed but we can speculate:

IIRC, JORP decided to leave Patreon (or forced out) but you can donate bitcoin directly to his account which is probably won't be used to buy benzo or fund the Jorpdaughters business ventures. He has 6.5 million followers but these are amateur numbers these days, fukken 5-minute crafts video channel has 70 million subs.

Hbomberguy: 9200 patreons with min 2 USD with 4.50 and 8.50 tiers (or with VAT 2-5-10). Even with everyone being on min tier, we're looking at 18.400 USD per month.
Contrapoints: Same tiers above (coincidence? tax-related? Seems like a trend in these channels with 2-5-10 bucks tiers) with 12,659 members. Again, with everyone being on min tier it's over 25.000 USD per month.
Kat Blaque (no idea, just taking names from bread tube wiki article): Relatively a low-level hustler, 1 USD min with 4.50 and 17 USD tiers at 1653 patreons. Min 3200 USD per month.
Philosophy Tube (again, no idea): Same 2-4.5-8.5 tiers, 6192 patreons, Min 12.400 USD per month
Thought Slime (I think this doesn't count as bread tube since it's more of an anarchist one): I watch TS videos now and then as background noise, 5200 USD per month since it's public.

I imagine some of that income goes to income tax but add the 3k to 5k per video and other side gigs to the fray.

I mean, hell, I want in on that shindig. I'll start now: "Hey guys, welcome to my video channel. Jordan Peterson, what a jerkoff amirite?"

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 29, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jorp voluntarily left Patreon because he had a hissyfit about some kind of (imaginary) oppression they were doing. He tried to create his own website but even the right mocked it. An absolute unforced error on his part.

Imagine losing like 20k (upwards to 40-50k probably) per month of free money to own the SJWs. Not that I think Jorp is hurting for money but that's some great lol up there.

One of the ironies of our current time is probably having to pay 160 to 400 bucks (iirc) to watch the Zizek vs Jorp debate live which is probably the wettest fart of a debate ever:

Jorp: I hate the Left
Z-dawg: *Sniff* Me too. *Sniff*
[The End]

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 29, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

KonvexKonkav posted:

Interesting post. I assume that some of that sweet breadtube money goes towards paying for their sets/costumes and hopefully also their employees, however. In spite of presenting themselves as one-person shows, most youtubers have at least one or two people who do editing or help with stuff like lightning and music. I'd really like to know how much (if anything) these people get paid and how much is left for the youtuber after this.

Contrapoints goes full on elaborate costumes, makeup and has own music creator. The rest are just in front of computer / do edits and cuts of other content while talking.

I imagine Natalie is the big spender here. Thought Slime literally sits in front of a cgi sewer oozing...green slime and talks. TS quit his min wage job to full time YT which must be an improvement but Tim Horton's is not a high bar to clear.

I imagine Natalie makes a good amount of money through Patreon+YT+Donations+Merch (just t-shirts) to focus only on content.

I think once you are 1+ mil views per video level of following, you can consider going full YT.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I wanted to check if RooshV was on Patreon but seems like he got banned and now has apparently found the Lord?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I thought chuds accusing people of virtue signalling was bad but accusing people of cynically faking it for the luxurious life of a one-in-a-million YouTube success after almost a decade of continuous work and a lifetime of professional development because they made one video criticizing a guy years ago is something else.

No one is accusing anyone of anything, cynically or otherwise, you baby.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Who What Now posted:

*narrator voice* He would never be prime minister

You had say it, don't you:

https://youtu.be/erE1Nf2hCmk

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I can't tidy my room if I don't have one, therefore I'm not vulnerable to chaos.

Dragons: 0
Me: 1

Check-mate, leftists :smuggo:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Gorbdan Jorberson

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

"Good evening young suitor, would you like to divulge your intents for my fair daughter and I hope it's marriage."

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Speaking of: I was never able to finish any of the Jorgan podcasts, videos, or whatever. Is there any single one worth listening to to the end since there are like 1500 videos clocking at 3 hours each?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Slotducks posted:

977 - Jeff Evans and Bud Brutsman

Jeff B. Evans is an adventurer, expedition leader, high-altitude medic, physician assistant, speaker, facilitator and tv personality. Bud Brutsman is a television show creator, executive producer, known for shows such as Overhaulin', Rides, and King of the Cage.

Bud basically doesn't say poo poo during the episode and Jeff just tells crazy stories about his travels as a doctor and medic.

Thank you goon friend, listened the initial 10 minutes and Everest rescues and the rest sounds my kinda jam.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Tarkus posted:

I like this one, but it's about UFO's and the military pilot who has a confirmed sighting of one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco2s3-0zsQ

Oh yeah, last years weird happenings that got swept aside by roni (it was during Fall 19, iirc), thanks!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I mean, there are names I might want to listen to there but especially during this pandemic I cannot imagine listening to Tom loving Green (which might be a good one, tbh) for 2 hours when the world is on fire.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Posting in the page 41 of Jorban Probson thread.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Vashro posted:

I enjoy his Kermit Thee Frog voice!

See I felt really weird because of all the Jorb = Kermit memes/jokes/insults because in my country The Muppet Show was dubbed and I couldn't make connection at first.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

That kitty is visibly distressed :ohdear:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Came to here after months to ask this: When did Joe Rogan finally lost his goddamn mind? Telling people to eat elk meat is one thing but saying "if you are under 21 and healthy, don't take the vax" is beyond insane and straight up dangerous, holy poo poo.

Also the guy he had on the show when he said that looks and talks like a Metal Gear villian, please c/d.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Goddamn, we're all going to die. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

how has no one reported that jorp's spawn got covid......AGAIN? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7VOdLRfpFA&t=28s

and this time she got the delta variant. apparently it's been bad enough for her that she's considering not being an anti-vaxx idiot anymore. hopefully she gave it to lobster daddy as well.

The comments section is the reason why 4 million people died so far, fuckin hell :stare: