Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jordan Peterson just died

You jackass.

You made me look this up. :argh:

Edit:

ROFLburger posted:

can you see where i, someone not in any way personally invested in this thread but who also happens think peterson is a clown, could draw this conclusion? a thread where people are making fun of him for crying and becoming addicted benzos?

Ok, so I don't know how you don't see the context here... someone getting addicted to, in this example, benzos, is terrible, yes. I think we all generally agree with that.

HOWEVER... if it's someone like Jorp who has gone on and on and on about the worthlessness and stupidity of addiction, basically stating "if you suffer from substance addiction, you're weak", and thrives by spouting these beliefs, if that person then becomes addicted? It's kind of a whole different ballgame there.

Like if his car exploded in his driveway, man, that'd be awful. If he claimed he was the world's best mechanic who had some sort of genius knowledge of cars and never, ever had a problem, and was all "c'mon now, what's wrong with you people? Fix your own drat car, because to rely on others for that makes you less of a person", then his car explosion is loving funny. Like in a karmic way.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

as deserved as it may be it still strikes me as wrong and lovely to be celebrating/dunking on a person's benzo addiction.

Context is important, but if that still doesn't work for you, well... this likely isn't the thread for you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

textbook hate-cult leader behaviour right here imo

:jerry:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, like.... I *get*the low carb diet, but does he not eat vegetables? That's kind of key to all of that, it's not supposed to be meat meat meat all the time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Who What Now posted:

He also hates children. A good amount of 12 Rules is about how it's not only good but necessary to beat your kids otherwise they'll never respect you. Hell one of the rules is specifically "Don't allow your kids to do anything you hate" and goes into extremly strange tangents about yelling at a friend's toddler that he WILL go to sleep right this instance or he will regret it and other equally concerning anecdotes. These are written in a way that makes it clear that Peterson thinks he is the perfect parent with no parenting faults.

Man, fuuuuuuuck this egotistical dumbass piece of poo poo. Jesus loving christ. Anyone who hits or intimidates kids like that can go right ahead and get hooked on benzos or whatever the gently caress. gently caress you, jorp.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

catapede posted:

This squares for the dude who has to keep his office door open when women are present.

Wait, for real?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

catapede posted:

Wtf? I thought the 13-yo comment was a lovely metaphor for society and another way to bash women. Never heard specifics from clients. loving barf.

Holy gently caress.

To hell with him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I totally forgot I started anger-highlighting 12 Rules as I read it. More Chapter 5:

"When I worked in daycare centres, early in my career, the comparatively neglected children would come to me desperately, in their fumbling, half-formed manner, with no sense of proper distance and no attentive playfulness. They would flop, nearby – or directly on my lap, no matter what I was doing – driven inexorably by the powerful desire for adult attention, the necessary catalyst for further development. It was very difficult not to react with annoyance, even disgust, to such children and their too prolonged infantilism – difficult not to literally push them aside – even though I felt very badly for them, and understood their predicament well."

He then adds that showing affection will just feed the pigeons encourage the kids.

I imagine he has his remote-control-car face on the whole time this interaction is happening.

What the gently caress?!

"These infant kids were neglected, and I guess I felt bad for them, but I just wanted to push them away."

The person who needs psychological assessment in this nightmare scenario we live in is fuckin' Jorp.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Palpek posted:

It must suck for JP to become even dumber than he was before when his grand vision of the universe assumes that intelligence is what determines your worth.

Then Jorp is basically a mental hedge fund manager, and he's completely broke.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Who What Now posted:

What a fuckin weirdo

Oh hey, it's me when I was 5.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is a very important page with a lot of very important information but I'm going to break that up unfortunately, because I have to know...

Can someone explain the thread title?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

the last sentence is said more parenthetically as I remember it. not so enthusiastically. so whenever i see this thread title I have a little blip of goon rage that it ends with an exclamation mark

also what’s with goons never googling anything

I just thought it was a reference to something that happened earlier in the thread, not that it was a reference to something outside of SA. I didn't think googling was an option, in this case.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jorp, even people who are into keto and low carb know that you have to have vegetables, too, you joyless fuckface.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ugliest Canadian Rex Murphy chimed in today, which is, y'know... always painful and dumb.

https://twitter.com/speechater/status/1380167611929882625?s=19

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

It's crazy that Rex Murphy used to be a staple on the CBC

Yeah, Cross Country Checkup was awesome, especially with that theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bdt6q1tG8

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 9, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wait, Mara Wilson and Ben Shapiro are related?

That's extremely unfortunate for her :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aaaaahahahahaha gently caress, I was just reminiscing with a fellow goon about "I've got more than enough to eat at home" literally yesterday.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Ive got news for you.

I'm gonna assume it was just a name mix up. I've done it.

Me, last month: "Did you hear what Rob Ford said today?"

My dad: "Uhh, likely nothing?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: nm

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 13, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Whomever becomes essentially Jordan Peterson 2 is gonna suck real bad :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Don't let anyone install anything, especially those who think they know what they are doing.

Yes, this. I actually do know my way around computers, networking, etc (don't we all? We're goons, ofc), but when I'm on the clock, IT is going to be handling literally every issue I come across that involves the handling of hardware or software.

That way, should something even mildly related go wrong, I'm in no way on the hook for that. The most I'll do is, if possible, provide a detailed explanation of problem, but that's it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1redflag posted:

I don’t think that analogy works but I still appreciate the thought of Newton telling Robert Hooke to “Now, say my name.”

A man should once open his door, and whereupon be shot dead, and you think that of me? Nay; it is I who knocks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

chew on this juicy morsel posted yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23b36Kf4S0

Ol' Ben Shapiro, getting wetter from this discussion than his wife has ever been.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

deadking posted:

Jordan Peterson is back, in pawg form

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just in case there were any fellow Canadians ITT who weren't sure who NOT to vote for...

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1437644479230513154?s=19

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder if Jorp is secretly infuriated every single time he interacts with someone who has no idea who he is and doesn't just fawn over him. :magemage:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

It sounds like you guys are just taking him out of context. What's so bad about encouraging young males to improve their life?
Here watch this 4 hour youtube video where kermit the frog rambles at the camera in a benzo addicted haze with a hoarder house in the background.

You had me in the first half, I gotta admit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I had a dream last night that involves Jorp. I can't remember it all, but he was just spouting bullshit as usual, and the whole time I was trying to ignore him.

Not quite a nightmare but just one of those loving lame dreams where you feel like you wake up more tired because of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Fastest sexual Mario

That'd be a top tier username.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife and I both used to work for Mindgeek, did it for 4 years :shrug:

Current status: not getting ready for divorce.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Booshit > This dude is all Jorped up

Please, mods. Please.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

In my mind, I originally thought he was going to say that the pill was a big loving deal because for the first time in our society, it allowed women to take control of their own reproduction and be seen as more than just a baby-makin' machine.

But then I remembered that Jorp being Jorp, he has to make some grandiose statement of being a new species and whatnot.

It's honestly something else I've noticed about him. He's desperately trying to cling to this veneer of being the-smartest-man-in-the-room that he has to make these kinds of pronouncements and judgments. Not even in terms of good/bad kind of judgments, but the language choice itself has to be so far out-there. Like people who constantly use the word "proverbial".

This is so on the nose, you could snort it and end up addicted to benzos.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kntfkr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXiXn8Oec8

"he sounds like air leaking out of [ ] a week old balloon"

Ahahahah loving :lol:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

People who are addicted to something will spend as much of their money on that thing as their body can possibly accept as input. If you don't have the money to satisfy that input then that money restriction is at least an obstacle to the amount of substance you can obtain. I don't see anything wrong with what he said unless one wants to be pedantic about it, or insists that he meant for a few sentences during a speech to the the comprehensive and fully nuanced authority on the subject.

Well, one would think that someone treating people with addiction would at least have enough compassion and understanding and desire to help their patients, instead of blasting them, however anonymously, on stage.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Goddamn I got a really good laugh from this. Holy poo poo, thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DreadUnknown posted:

What Im getting out of this is I can get a rad Vincent Price bust for $200.

Well, not anymore.

But for only $157 more...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm all for ragging on Jorp, but why is this funny? I don't get it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who keeps Werther's Originals in his pockets to give to kids at family gatherings.

False.

He would never do something kind for a child.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Michael B. Jordan B. Peterson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Better, warmer.